About This File
The North American B-45 Tornado was an early American jet-powered bomber
designed and manufactured by aircraft company North American Aviation.
It has the distinction of being the first operational jet bomber to enter
service with the United States Air Force (USAF)
- B-45A (96 aricraft)
Fifty-five nuclear-capable B-45s arrived in the United Kingdom in 1952.
These were modified with a 1,200 gal (4,542 l) fuel tank in the aft bomb bay.
Despite technical problems, these were Tactical Air Command's first-line
deterrent in Europe. (84Th; 85th; 86th Bs - 47th BG)
- B-45C (10 aircraft)
The B-45C was the first multiengine jet bomber in the world to be refueled in midair.
It carried two 1,200 gal (4,542 l) wingtip fuel tanks, had a strengthened canopy, and
an inflight refueling receptacle. The first B-45C was flown on May 3, 1949.
Only ten were built, and the remaining 33 under construction were converted to RB-45Cs.
- 2 planes [upgraded LOD];
- 7 skins;
- historical decalsets
- Veltro2k: plane model, new LOD
- Wrench: original SF-2 planes, templates, decals base
- paulopanz: skins, decals, other upgrades
- references: Warpaint n. 112
- serials: http://forgottenjets.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/B-45.html
- CAMPAIGNE4 (EXP 2 needed) files included (as AI planes)
[B-45C is used for RB-45C]
- put all files in your mod folder
- the same for optional campaign upgrade
Ettore (Veltro2K) polished his original model and fixed some nose issues.
So I decided to reskin this plane using Kevin (Wrench) superb temps and file base.