About This File
Lockheed C-141B Starlifter by Coyote Aerospace
This mod is a new version of the C-141B Starlifter by Veltro2K, with skins by daddyairplanes
It features several historical skins covering several important periods in the Starlifters B/C model career. European One camoflage is applied as a tga skin, so two varieties of camo on the ramps!
unzip, open the C-141B(v2k) folder, drop contents into desired mod folder
allow overwrites if needed, weapons may be the only thing needed
C-141B Starlifter model
MAC skins for 1981, 1986, 1987, and 1989
AMC skins ranging from 1993 through 2006 as well as a special Last Starlifter skin depicting 66-0177, known as the Hanoi Taxi and the last Starlifter to be retired
Cargo, Jeep, and Paratrooper weapons for the bay
- the main cargo doors and paratrooper doors open at the same time. an expert was consulted, and it is not reasonably feasable to seperate the actions.
- cockpit is an older one, this aircraft is intended more for eyecandy as there are no real transport missions in SF2. anyone who can donate a more modern pit would be greatly appreciated
- While 63 C-141Bs underwent upgrades to C standard in the late 1990s, the upgrades were internal (glass cockpit, avionics, GPS reciever). as they are not really visible, there is only a B model for here in game. The serials however are accurate and part of the last 63 Starlifters in service after 2002 (when the last McChord based aircraft retired)
- due to slight mapping issues, there will not be a bare metal version of this C-141B. they dont show up really on the White top, green or gray skins, but would stand out on a bare metal. there were only about 7 that operated unpainted for 9 months during the Desert Shield/Desert Storm timeframe anyhow.
Veltro2K: main model, intial idea to revamp this plane
daddyairplanes: skin and decal work, ini edits
Killerbee331: paratrooper, M38 Jeep from weapons pack
- cargo and pallet are also included although i cannot recall who created those. if it was you or you remember who did it, please let us know so we can fix the credits
on behalf of the Coyote Aerospace team, thank you for downloading this mod. We hope you enjoy it
Kevin Unruh aka
31 October 2021