About This File
Nieuport 27 skins of 79a Squadriglia for EmID Nieuport N27_FAS First Eagles 2
This is a pack of skins focused on the history of the Italian 79a Squadriglia.
79a Squadriglia of the "Corpo Aeronautico Militare" was formed in November 1916 at the Central Flying School in Arcade, Italy.
On 13 January 1917, it was deployed to Istrana, with its area of operations being the Asiago Plateau near the ongoing Battles of the Isonzo.
The new unit flew its first combat mission on 20 January 1917. On 28 March 1917, 3a Sezione was detached for city defense duties. On 10 April 1917, the squadron was attached to 10o Gruppo. A month later, it was transferred to 7o Gruppo. On 2 June 1917, Antonio Reali scored his first aerial victory for the squadron's initial success. On 3 December 1917, the squadron was posted to the 15o Gruppo. In June 1918, it was assigned to the Massia da Caccia (Fighter Mass) before passing to control of the 23o Gruppo.
The squadron served through war's end. Its wartime record was 4,411 combat sorties flown, with 47 victories achieved in 227 aerial combats. The squadron had suffered five killed. The squadron produced the WW1 Nieuport 27 "Ace of Aces" Marziale Cerutti with 17 victories with this Nieuport model.
You will get better profit of these skins with the campaign "Armchair Aces Over Italy" by Ojcar. If you do not have this campaign, you could find it here. https://combatace.com/files/file/17169-armchair-aces-over-italy/
** What you will find in this Nieuport 27 skin Pack:
- A full set of skins & decals markings to Nieuport 27s used by 79a Squadriglia in 1917 / 1918.
Some serial numbers to those planes are historicals others not.
- A full squadron (79a Squadriglia) with 101 historical & fictional serial numbers.
- A special skin folder focusing on Sergente Marziale Cerutti the Nieuport 27 Ace of Aces.
- A special skin folder focusing on Nieuports of 79a Squadriglia with 101 historical & fictional serial numbers.
Representing the 79a Squadriglia in late 1918 when Capitano Arturo Freddi Cavallotti (17 October 1918) become their commander and adopted the "She-wolf of Rome" as squadron insignia.
- New textures for the N27_FAS cockpit with new italian instruments
- 5 New optional hangar screenS for 79a Squadriglia in 1920x1200 size. You will find this in the "HANGAR SCREEN" folder.
To use it, you must drop or copy the jpg file in your N27_FAS aircraft main folder, next, edit your N27_FAS.ini file. and add this line:
HangarScreen=79HANGARSCREEN 01.jpg <------ add this line to use the first option.
HangarScreen=79HANGARSCREEN 02.jpg <------ add this line to use the second option.
HangarScreen=79HANGARSCREEN 03.jpg <------ add this line to use the third option.
HangarScreen=79HANGARSCREEN 04.jpg <------ add this line to use the fourth option.
HangarScreen=79HANGARSCREEN 05.jpg <------ add this line to use the fifth option.
- I painted new textures for the cockpit, with a new "GLASS.tga" to complement all of them. The gauges & needles were made as close as possible to the real instruments.
- Releasing two versions: One in 1024x1024(JPG & TGA) and other in 2048x2048(JPG & TGA).
- I set the 1024x1024(JPG & TGA) as standard for the planes.
*OBS: If you are running a low-end computer I do not recommend the use of 2048x2048 cockpit textures.
- Drop or copy the folder "N27_FAS" from mine "Aircraft" folder to your "Aircraft" folder.
- Drop or copy the folder "N27_FAS" from mine "decals" folder to your "decals" folder.
In order to work properly on your loadout menu option, this following lines, must to be COPIED into your "N27_FAS".ini file.
Replace the (XXX) in the [TextureSetXXX] top line, with the appropriate number following your "N27_FAS.ini" file order for others skins that you have already installed before.
- Julio Junqueira texture skins & decals markings for N27_FAS, cockpit and hangar screens.
- EmlD for the Cockpit 3D LODs.
- Thanks to EmlD for the excellent Nieuport 27 model.
- Thanks to Stephen1918 and Crawford for help with information on the Nieuport's fuel gauge.
- special thanks to CombatAce.com hosting the files.
These textures are freeware; you are allowed to use it as you wish, but The names of all contributors listed here, must be added in any new released readmes. These textures may not in any way, be used in any payware additions.