About This File
Nieuport 27 skins of 81a Squadriglia for EmID Nieuport N27_FAS First Eagles 2
This is a pack of skins focused on the history of the 81a Squadriglia.
Historical notes: 81a Squadriglia of the "Corpo Aeronautico Militare" was founded at the Central Flying School in Arcade, Italy in March 1917. The squadron was displaced at the Battle of Caporetto. 81a Squadriglia joined 6o Gruppo at Istrana. The move would put them in position for the great air battle over their base on 26 December 1917.
In February 1918, the squadron began replacing its Nieuport 17s with Hanriot HD.1s. Hanriot supplies being insufficient, some Nieuport 27s were also brought on strength. The squadron served on through Summer 1918. Then, on 26 October 1918, it was included in the Massa da Caccia (Fighter Mass) that supported the victorious final Italian offensive at Vittorio Veneto. When the war in northern Italy ended on 3 November 1918, the 81a Squadriglia had flown 4,118 combat sorties, engaged the enemy 230 times, and were credited with 34 aerial victories. The squadron suffered four dead. It still had 21 Hanriots and a Nieuport 27 in service.
You will get better profit of these skins with the campaign "Armchair Aces Over Italy" by Ojcar. If you do not have this campaign, you could find it here. https://combatace.com/files/file/17169-armchair-aces-over-italy/
** What you will find in this Nieuport 27 skin Pack:
- A full set of skins & decals to Nieuport 27s used by 81a Squadriglia in 1918.
Some serial numbers to those planes are historicals others not.
- A full squadron (81a Squadriglia) with 101 historical & fictional serial numbers.
- A special skin folder focusing on Sergente Carlo Corti with 2 confirmed victories & his Ni.11339 Aces card.
This Nieuport was pictured in Casoni airfield, Italy, early summer of 1918.
- A special skin folder with one Unidentified Nieuport 27 flown by 81a Squadriglia with a Aces card markings, serial number & pilot unknown.
- New textures for the N27_FAS cockpit with new italian instruments.
- 2 New optional hangar screenS for 81a Squadriglia in 1920x1200 size. You will find this in the "HANGAR SCREEN" folder.
To use it, you must drop or copy the jpg file in your N27_FAS aircraft main folder, next, edit your N27_FAS.ini file. and add this line:
HangarScreen=81HANGARSCREEN 01.jpg <------ add this line to use the first option.
HangarScreen=81HANGARSCREEN 02.jpg <------ add this line to use the second option.
- I painted new textures for the cockpit, with a new "GLASS.tga" to complement all of them. The gauges & needles were made as close as possible to the real instruments.
- Releasing two versions: One in 1024x1024(JPG & TGA) and other in 2048x2048(JPG & TGA).
- I set the 1024x1024(JPG & TGA) as standard for the planes.
*OBS: If you are running a low-end computer I do not recommend the use of 2048x2048 cockpit textures.
- Drop or copy the folder "N27_FAS" from mine "Aircraft" folder to your "Aircraft" folder.
- Drop or copy the folder "N27_FAS" from mine "decals" folder to your "decals" folder.
In order to work properly on your loadout menu option, this following lines, must to be COPIED into your "N27_FAS".ini file.
Directory=81 Squadriglia (Silver dope)
Name=81 Squadriglia (Silver dope)
Replace the (XXX) in the [TextureSetXXX] top line, with the appropriate number following your "N27_FAS.ini" file order for others skins that you have already installed before.
- Julio Junqueira texture skins & decals markings for N27_FAS, cockpit and hangar.
- EmlD for the Cockpit 3D LODs.
- Thanks to EmlD for the excellent Nieuport 27 model.
- Thanks to Stephen1918 and Crawford for help with information on the Nieuport's fuel gauge.
- special thanks to CombatAce.com hosting the files.
These textures are freeware; you are allowed to use it as you wish, but The names of all contributors listed here, must be added in any new released readmes. These textures may not in any way, be used in any payware additions.