I just read a Global Security Website report, its probably old, but I LMAO.

I quote:

"Iran claims claims to have fitted f-14s with I-Hawk missiles adapted for Air-Air Role'"

Now, I-Hawk I know pretty damn well. I was a battery commander in the USMC. That missile

is kinda heavy! But, its damn fast, manueverable, and makes a big mess of anything it hits.

I'd like to see that Moded!!!!

LMAO!!!

I just read a Global Security Website report, its probably old, but I LMAO.

I quote:

"Iran claims claims to have fitted f-14s with I-Hawk missiles adapted for Air-Air Role'"

Now, I-Hawk I know pretty damn well. I was a battery commander in the USMC. That missile

is kinda heavy! But, its damn fast, manueverable, and makes a big mess of anything it hits.

I'd like to see that Moded!!!!

LMAO!!!

Well I'll be....

post-8521-1145373816_thumb.jpg

post-8521-1145373830_thumb.jpg

They've had pictures of Tomcats with Hawk missiles on them for a while now...it's just the question of if they're actually active or just shells mounted on the 'Cat to look scary.

Caesar Posted Today, 08:55 AM

They've had pictures of Tomcats with Hawk missiles on them for a while now...it's just the question of if they're actually active or just shells mounted on the 'Cat to look scary.

It sort of worked......

If you get a copy of "Iranian F-14 Tomcat Units in Action" by Tom Cooper and Farzad Bishop from Osprey Publishing, it goes in to some detail about the trials.

(Hurriedly nips upstairs to get book.....)

According to this, it says that the IRIAF could only fit the HAWK to the shoulder pylons. The trials were carried out by the 82nd TFS at Khatami AB (Now Shahid Babei AB, I think), the team including 3 Israeli technicians who had previously worked on a similar project for the IDF/AF.

It would appear that although the missile (named Sedjil in it's new Air-To-Air role) could be used, the datalink between the MIM-23 and the Tomcat's AWG-9 radar was very weak, primarily due to incompatability.

The project was abandoned after the Iran-Iraq War concluded.

Hope that's of some use!

Mike. :)

P.S. That Israeli project involved using the AGM-78 Standard to make the IDF/AF's F-4's capable of taking out the high-flying Mig-25 and Tu-22. It was subsequently cancelled after the Israelis received the F-15 armed with the AIM-7F.

Edited by Mike1

yeah, I figured it was old news......

If they ever got a lock-on, it would hurt!

yeah, I figured it was old news......

If they ever got a lock-on, it would hurt!

amazing....today we're buddies, so we'll export our first line fighters to you...Tomcats, Falcons, Eagles.....

I probably missed it, but they I'll bet they have Raptors or maybe JSF....?? Shudda just gave em the F-20 they would have left it alone....LOL

Hey guys, I just made an Iranian Hawk missile for use with the Tomcat. It requires a small mod to the 'Cat's data.ini (I keep two models of 'Cat on my comp, a USN one which has strike capability and an Iranian one with its own weapon set.) You have to add SAHM to the wing Phoenix rails. I haven't hit anything with it yet; but it does launch and track (the ones I tested got fooled by CM's at the last second.) Not too tough, just used the basic Hawk data, and designated it for Iran. It only works on the wing rails, which we know is actually accurate, but I still have more testing to do (to find max/min range, how well it preforms, etc.)

I'll update anything else I find about it.

Hey guys, I just made an Iranian Hawk missile for use with the Tomcat. It requires a small mod to the 'Cat's data.ini (I keep two models of 'Cat on my comp, a USN one which has strike capability and an Iranian one with its own weapon set.) You have to add SAHM to the wing Phoenix rails. I haven't hit anything with it yet; but it does launch and track (the ones I tested got fooled by CM's at the last second.) Not too tough, just used the basic Hawk data, and designated it for Iran. It only works on the wing rails, which we know is actually accurate, but I still have more testing to do (to find max/min range, how well it preforms, etc.)

I'll update anything else I find about it.

LMAO, Caesar, are you Israeli?

LOL!

Those Israeli's can do more with a hawk missile than raytheon!

LMAO, Caesar, are you Israeli?

LOL!

Those Israeli's can do more with a hawk missile than raytheon!

hey Caesar, I can help with the specs:

the I-hawk specs are no longer classified.

Range:

min - 7 km

Max 46 km

Speed:

Depends on ver: but approx mach 3

Warhead: 2k TNT

Manv:

10+G

These maybe not exactly as spec'd, but I graduated #1 in my I-Hawk Officers School. (of course that

was 25 years ago lol.

Actually, that brings to mind a funny fact.

I had a Israeli Capt, and a Egyptian Major in my class at Ft Bliss.....Think they set next to each other?

Hey Pablo,

Nope, I'm not an Israeli, just a curious modder.

Thanks for the information, this oughta help. Currently here's how the missile handles:

Almost no Rmin for some reason or another (probably because it's a SAM?)

Takes two full seconds to seperate, then fire (as per ini)

CM resistance is fair at best, but it always hangs in there until the last second before it's fooled.

Also, I can't find the file for its color scheme, so it's green rather than white and orange.

I got an unexpected drawback from making the pylon support SAHMs also: it now can hold 2 AIM-7's per pylon along with the AIM-9 totalling 3 missiles per pylon: a bit many, but unless I turn the Hawk into an AHM, that's just something that's gonna have to stay.

Thanks again for the data, I'll modify it and test it out!

Vale,

-"Caesar"

Okay, I modified the missile. Basically it equates to being a highly limited, heavier but more powerful Phoenix. Its easier to fool, and less accurate. That said, as with the -54 it'll bring down any target in one hit (I've had bombers take 2+ AIM-9's and keep going before!) I still have the problem with the pylon supporting too many AIM-7's, unfortunately, but the Hawks certainly work on the F-14.

Edited by Caesar

the skin for the Hawk is on the Sams.bmp

made by Pasko Patak

the skin for the Hawk is on the Sams.bmp

made by Pasko Patak

Ah, all right, thanks for the information, Crusader. Unfortunately I can't find a Hawk ini file (unless it has to be extracted?) so I guess all Hawks are gonna have to stay the same color, SAM or AAM. Looks like the ones on the 'Cat are staying green.

If anyone wants the Iranian Hawk for their 'Cat, I'll have to get permission to release, or just give the ini. It may be better to make into an AHM, because of the resulting foul-up of the AIM-54 pylon holding two of any other type of SAHMs.

Vale,

-"Caesar"

I had a Israeli Capt, and a Egyptian Major in my class at Ft Bliss.....Think they set next to each other?

I would say not but let me guess at the end of the class they became friends?

I would say not but let me guess at the end of the class they became friends?

Nope, they never spoke to each other, and sat on opposite sides of the classroom.

The Israeli was a Major, and had 1 Egyptian confirmed kill with a modified I-HAWK missile, that

was hacked to aquire and launch on a target under 5km range. He said it basically shot straight

vertical.....

They would wait until the Mig got within 10Km fire-up the hipir(with no aquisition radar designating),

Lock and shoot! He was a blast to to hang out with, the Egyptian was a stick in the mud!

I have a feeling we shouldnt have let them have some of our f-14. I mean WHO'S BRIGHT IDEA WAS THAT. Atleast they are becomeing obsolete now

Edited by BOOM

I wouldn't worry about that anyway. They are all run down and barely work. Thay dont have an AIM-54's left and we can jam the hell out of their radar. They are just paper tigers of what they once were.

I have a feeling we shouldnt have let them have some of our f-14. I mean WHO'S BRIGHT IDEA WAS THAT. Atleast they are becomeing obsolete now

At the time the Iranians bankrolled Grumman for a fair old wedge- a very VERY large commercial loan that a struggling aircraft manf really needed. Remember who was running the show at the time- the wests number 1 best buddy in the middle east.

Thing to bear in mind with the mid east, when you ask who's side they are on, it's theirs. And that goes for everyone out there.

LOL...Accept Isriel. Ever wonder why they want nukes...I dont think they like Isriel that much. :spiteful:

By the way...

P.S. That Israeli project involved using the AGM-78 Standard to make the IDF/AF's F-4's capable of taking out the high-flying Mig-25 and Tu-22. It was subsequently cancelled after the Israelis received the F-15 armed with the AIM-7F.

I'd also like to know who's bright idea this was too. Yu'd think we'd learn! The AIM-7F Isnt that horrible if you want to blow up Migs-n-stuff but it isnt real good against a eurofighter or whaterver the isreilies have

Edited by BOOM