Sign in to follow this  
Gux

JAS 39C Gripen Progress

Beautiful Grippen!

Can I use it for my ATF/USNF campaign set?

Sure, I just have to finish it first. :)

sagripenzy4.th.jpg

Very early South African texture. I love their paint scheme.

Some progress on the pit:

jaspit0kg.th.jpg

I got some of the MFD instruments sort of working. The attitude indicator(I think) only works for banking but the temp and rpm works and I think those vertical ones are possible to make. I don't know what those top ones are(I'm terrible at flight instruments); anyone know?

Real mfd:

mysterygauges1fs.th.jpg

I think the top left is the Airspeed Indicator and the right hand one is the Altimeter with the thousands of feet indicated by the number in the middle.

It should be possible to get the attitude indicator work in pitch too, something like the entry below should do it.

[PitchLadder]

Type=PITCH_INDICATOR

NodeName=pitch_indicator

MovementType=TEXTURE_V

ValueUnit=DEG

Set[01].Position=0.5

Set[01].Value=-180

Set[02].Position=0

Set[02].Value=0

Set[03].Position=-0.5

Set[03].Value=180.0

Edited by SkippyBing

I think the top left is the Airspeed Indicator and the right hand one is the Altimeter with the thousands of feet indicated by the number in the middle.

It should be possible to get the attitude indicator work in pitch too, something like the entry below should do it.

That worked great, thanks! Let's see if I can get most of these working. I wonder if it's possible to do something like that weapon indicator that show what types loaded to each pylon?

Some progress on the pit:

jaspit0kg.th.jpg

I got some of the MFD instruments sort of working. The attitude indicator(I think) only works for banking but the temp and rpm works and I think those vertical ones are possible to make. I don't know what those top ones are(I'm terrible at flight instruments); anyone know?

Real mfd:

mysterygauges1fs.th.jpg

Your job is greater each day !!

Félicitations !!!

I wonder if it's possible to do something like that weapon indicator that show what types loaded to each pylon?

It's possible to indicate that something is on a hardpoint (check the Phantom's cockpit ini). I'm not sure if it's possible to indicate what it is although it may be.

Some more stuff working:

mfd5up.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how to make counters now. I don't get how the movement type "ANALOG_COUNTER" works. Is it possible to make a counter that uses texture_v as movement?

Some more stuff working:

mfd5up.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how to make counters now. I don't get how the movement type "ANALOG_COUNTER" works. Is it possible to make a counter that uses texture_v as movement?

Dude! That is one of the best looking cockpits yet. Great job. I can't wait to see it.

Scrapper

Cool stuff!! Any chance of A, B, D and Nordic versions ? :P

This is just my humble opinion, but I'd like to see one with an arrestor hook. Gripen has exceptional STOL performance, is supposedly able to land within the length of a Nimitz class carrier's deck--UNASSISTED. Is tiny, would take up bugger all spce on deck or beneath it. Carries a tonne (figuratively) of ordinance and can cause all manner of strife this side of doomsday and still be maintained by the dude and his dog from at the local mecganic's, and, let's face it, just kicks ass all round. Personally, I'd think a carrier version of this would be awesome, but like I said, that's just my humble opinion...

mfds3nr.jpg

I got the altimeter digits working but not the temp and rpm. I'm beginning to wonder if it's even possible.

This is just my humble opinion, but I'd like to see one with an arrestor hook. Gripen has exceptional STOL performance, is supposedly able to land within the length of a Nimitz class carrier's deck--UNASSISTED. Is tiny, would take up bugger all spce on deck or beneath it. Carries a tonne (figuratively) of ordinance and can cause all manner of strife this side of doomsday and still be maintained by the dude and his dog from at the local mecganic's, and, let's face it, just kicks ass all round. Personally, I'd think a carrier version of this would be awesome, but like I said, that's just my humble opinion...

I've thought about that, it's a cool idea. I'm definitely going to do the dualseat version after I'm done and then look into the hypothetical versions.

Gux,

this are the digital engine temp counter entries from Kesselbrut's F-15A cockpit.

Try the same with Type=Tachometer for the RPM

[EngineTempCounterL]

Type=EXHAUST_GAS_TEMPERATURE_INDICATOR

CounterNodeFormat=EnginetempL_dig%d

MovementType=ANALOG_COUNTER

ItemNumber=1

[EngineTempCounterR]

CounterNodeFormat=EnginetempR_dig%d

ItemNumber=2

As a thought ref the stores management display, the Mirage Factory F-16 has a similar thing which might work as guide.

Gux,

this are the digital engine temp counter entries from Kesselbrut's F-15A cockpit.

Try the same with Type=Tachometer for the RPM

Thanks, I got it to work earlier but not the rpm. It just goes to 001 for some reason.

pit1vj.jpg

Note the new stick :)

I'll look into the store display stuff and see what can be done.

The RPM thing may be because the max value for RPM seems to be 1 (not sure why). Anyway I think you want the left hand digit to be RPM and then the next one to be tenths and the next one to be hundredths. That way when you hit 100% RPM it should read 100. I'm not totally sure if that's possible as I haven't played around with counters for a while, if not you could probably replicate the effect by playing around with the Position and Value variables e.g.

Set[02].Position=0.1

Set[02].Value=0.1

Hi Gux, first of all congratulations for this wonderful work !! :clapping::clapping: (both, plane and pit) .

Sorry if I am giving you codes that you already have tried, but in Mirage Factory´s F-18 pit appears these lines:

[Tachometer1]

Type=TACHOMETER

CounterNodeFormat=RPM_L_dig%d

ItemNumber=1

Scale=100

[Tachometer2]

Type=TACHOMETER

CounterNodeFormat=RPM_R_dig%d

ItemNumber=2

Scale=100

-------------------------------------------------------------

[EngineTemp1]

CounterNodeFormat=T4_L_dig%d

ItemNumber=1

[EngineTemp2]

CounterNodeFormat=T4_R_dig%d

ItemNumber=2

(obiously, Gripen has only one engine, so...)

By the way, some questions/suggestions:

-where are you going to place the RWR?.

-Have you considered to include a course heading, compass,etc.. in the left MFD?. I´ve seen a picture of a different status of this MFD (thought you lose the engine data, grrr... :blush: )

post-10409-1170009899_thumb.jpg

-In MF F-18, when you change from AA,AG and NAV modes, some date changes too on the center console (airspeed, true speed...). This fact allows to "emulate" a little of the spirit of a MFD.There is some way to change, for example, the map of the center MFD(Navigation mode) for another status(AA or AG)?

Thanks a lot and good luck!!

A shot of the Czech version:

czdc2.jpg

Hi Gux, first of all congratulations for this wonderful work !! :clapping::clapping: (both, plane and pit) .

Sorry if I am giving you codes that you already have tried, but in Mirage Factory´s F-18 pit appears these lines:

By the way, some questions/suggestions:

-where are you going to place the RWR?.

-Have you considered to include a course heading, compass,etc.. in the left MFD?. I´ve seen a picture of a different status of this MFD (thought you lose the engine data, grrr... :blush: )

-In MF F-18, when you change from AA,AG and NAV modes, some date changes too on the center console (airspeed, true speed...). This fact allows to "emulate" a little of the spirit of a MFD.There is some way to change, for example, the map of the center MFD(Navigation mode) for another status(AA or AG)?

Thanks a lot and good luck!!

Thanks for helping out. I'll try to do some more trial and error tests with the mfd instruments. Regarding RWR, I've put it together with the radar in the right mfd. There's not much to do with those in regards to emulating the real thing obviously so I'm just trying to match the general look and hopefully have them be useful. It would be cool to have different instruments for different modes like in the F-18 but I'm not sure if it's possible on that scale.

A shot of the Czech version:

czdc2.jpg

Nice skin! But don't forget the Hungarian version :grin:

Edited by Jack

Are you going to release both models as a package, or one at a time? I can't wait to fly them.

Scrapper