Sign in to follow this  
Gux

JAS 39C Gripen Progress

Don't worry fellas the Gripen is in good hands. Gux gave it to my team for some ini work and HUD research. 2 weeks is all I can say...... :biggrin:

Can't wait!!!

I actually began flying Wings Over Europe yesterday so I'm probably one of the newest WoE simmers here.

2 weeks.... :biggrin:

I bet it comes out looking like a viper after you're done with it... :tongue: Just going by the last few fighters you've released :biggrin:

I should really get more aircraft for the Russians, they gotta be prepared for the new line of modern fighter jets. :)

2 weeks.... :biggrin:

I can't remember the last time I waited this much for a little piece of software!

It all looks very promising.

Still on schedule?

I can't remember the last time I waited this much for a little piece of software!

Me niether! :smile:

This is gonna be great.

Don't worry fellas the Gripen is in good hands. Gux gave it to my team for some ini work and HUD research. 2 weeks is all I can say...... :biggrin:

Two weeks today!

Perhaps you can give us some information about this exciting WIP...!!

K dude, it's not actually 2 weeks... it's just a standard reply. Rest assured, they're hard at work at this baby... ...Or watching Python, I mean, either way, they're keeping out of trouble.

K dude, it's not actually 2 weeks... it's just a standard reply. Rest assured, they're hard at work at this baby... ...Or watching Python, I mean, either way, they're keeping out of trouble.

Sorry, but I don't understand. I'm sure they're hard at work, I was just wondering if we could have some info on what's happening right now.

"Standard reply"?

Some kind of expression that does not actually mean 2 weeks?

Sorry, but I don't understand. I'm sure they're hard at work, I was just wondering if we could have some info on what's happening right now.

"Standard reply"?

:clapping: Give the man a beer!!

Exactly! When they say "two weeks" means rest confortably in your couch, when its done its done. :biggrin:

"Standard reply"?

It's largely because the folks who kind enough to produce these are subject to real life constraints. More often than not, the progress that's made is slow, particularly with .ini editing, which I believe is where they're at with this. And creating a new FM for a new model can be a complete bastard sometimes given the number of mathematical values involved, not to mention the other variables that have to be entered, tested, tweaked, tested again, and so on, and there's usually not a whole lot to report. Editing ini files are easy enough since the data is already there and it works, but when producing new ones, the testing process has to be thorough otherwise odd things such as this can happen:

1.jpg

An accidental double entry that resulted in my M61A1 shooting me back at Mach 7

AB.jpg

Missing the entry for special effects resulting in no afterburner

WTF.jpg

WTF2.jpg

WTF3.jpg

I can't even guess what's happening here.

My point is that these are things I missed when using them straight away after editing (even after going through the edits and being convinced it'd work) that would basically kill the quality of the plane had I released them (had they been mine to release in the first place).

Don't get me wrong, I hate waiting to the Gripen too, but it'll be worth the wait, especially sans any potential bugs.

I can't even guess what's happening here.

For some reason I find these screenshots very funny. :lol:

:clapping: Give the man a beer!!

Exactly! When they say "two weeks" means rest confortably in your couch, when its done its done. :biggrin:

Thanks! :-)

Well it is true that we've been waiting for months instead of weeks...

yet we don't want to complain 'cos we understand the hardwork behind and the efforts the author is making...and surtout the stunning quality of the preview...

Salute to the author and we are keeping our confidence.

I made this model a while ago and I've been looking for a good sim to put it into. SF was suggested to me which turned out great. I couldn't find much info other than the exporter notes so I toyed around replacing an existing plane to get it to work. With some more fiddling I got it work pretty damn well; with animations and everything. I even have a rough cockpit going now.

On to the pictures:

img00002lr7.th.jpg

img00007fd3.th.jpg

Firing the Mauser BK27

img00011ar4.th.jpg

img00013vl7.th.jpg

img00004en3.th.jpg

img00005pk4.th.jpg

img00001lq4.th.jpg

Lowres temp cockpit. Ugh.

The model is 99% complete, textures needs some work in areas. But it works great ingame, amazingly well for just a few days of work. :wink:

when's this out?

i cant wait for this swedish piece of art.

Absolutely un-freakin'-believable............

:rolleyes:

when's this out?

When its done..... :biggrin: 2 weeks Just like Wolf65 said.... :haha:

All we are waiting on if Crusader to finish the avionics and HUD for it. But getting pics and good reliable info on the HUD is difficult. Its taking longer that we thought.