Sign in to follow this  

vc.jpg

vc1.jpg

vc2.jpg

Most ANG unit painted thier planes like this in the late 1960's.

Guest JEAGER332

usaf_sabre_2637.jpg

soestb.aug6%202002%20sabre%2032%20fs.jpg

Thanks to Marty Isham; this F-86A has now been identified as 49-1301, which was donated to 138th TFS NY ANG on 24th September 1960. Photo was taken at Syracuse North NY. This machine is now on display at Maxwell AFB AL in 334th FIS colours as '12760/The Chris Craft'.

001216a.gif

Bearing the markings of an Texas Air National Guard aircraft of the late 1960s, an F-86D Sabrejet resumes its role as a static display on Camp Mabry, Austin, Texas, after being completely refurbished by members of the ANG's 149th Fighter Wing at Kelly Air Force Base, Texas. (Air Force photo)

f-86l-s.jpg

This F-86 was delivered to the Air Force Aug. 15, 1955 and served with the 331st Fighter Interceptor Squadron, Air Defense Command, Webb AFB, Texas, until it was retired in June 1960.

MAYBE some but not most,you may be thinking of the few sent to the Republic of Vet Nam

Actually yes most were. Those ones you have shown were retired prior to our huge involvment in Vietnam. Hence I said late 1960's. Once things got spooled up in SEA, ANG units painted thier F-86's, F-102's etc in the Vietnam schemes we have come to know in anticipation of deploying.

86camo.jpg

Guest JEAGER332

what you see are the unit paint jobs and the one from Texas Ive seen and read the writeup its in Austin TX.

thats just like a helocopter Ranger showed me at Ft Campbell KY it was never cammied in Vet Nam but when it was on displayed they painted it cammi, from what Ive seem most aircraft were silver or OD

I see that. So what is the point? All I am doing is showing an F-86 I am working on and it seems you are here to argue or dispute my work. Hell if that is what going to go on here, then I will quit posting here.

Guest JEAGER332

lol just correcting your claim that most jets were cammied during the 1960 and they wernt but if it upsets you so much then I wont correct your statment dosent matter to me if your wrong. was trying to help you out but as you seen to want an issue never mind.

Again you are failing to read. I said LATE 1960's, There were few units left that had F-86's in thier inventory. MOST not ALL were tasked with possible deployments to Vietnam. They were told to paint thier planes. You can show me all the static dispaly planes you want. That doesn't matter. Even my pic doesn't matter. But hey I am not a certified Subject Matter Expert on Air Force History either. Oh wait I am.

If you would like I can get you unit pics of planes that are not static display in camo schemes. Which units were tasked to deplaoy but didn't. Wait and I am going to do this why? Nevermind

vc.jpg

Most ANG unit painted thier planes like this in the late 1960's.

Looking good bud! I think that's the best camo skin I've seen yet IMHO... :D

BTW, what's that terrain tilesite, it looks new?

It is the latest Cuba Terrian Deuces is working on for the Tainted Cigar campaign. Those guys are working just short of miracles.

Guest JEAGER332

I dont even care now and as far as "expert" yr what ever Unlike Ranger I dont care to waste time proving you wrong so go on with your "project" hey if ppl can ask for a F-22 here they can be as wild as they want lol

(say did you get project heads permission to show the tiles not starting just asking)

Ok guys, don't like where this is heading. Let's suffice it to say that it's an excellent skin and leave it at that.

Guest JEAGER332

I dont care to waste time proving you wrong so go on with your "project" hey if ppl can ask for a F-22 here they can be as wild as they want lol

and I thought I just ended it!.

Guest JEAGER332

thats true but from what Ranger told me the clay in Vet Nam was reddish.

(say did you get project heads permission to show the tiles not starting  just asking)

He does have permission to post screens with the terrain. So it is written, so it shall be.

I have to agree that a lot of ang and afreserve DID camo their birds,time frame does not matter.the point being that the birds WERE painted such,one example being the 'boys from syracuse' ny ang,saw those birds flying in camo..the skin in question is a Outstanding effort..tho I hope there is a way to not have the usaf and bar/star in full color..lol sorry had to say that...actually at first they were painted in full color so it's no biggie...the skin is real good,as one without the patience to skin I will only comment that it is real looking..yep no patience,guys out there can talk a squirrel down from a tree,me I just get the gun and do it.....

Scout

I will try to do both types of insignia. Yeah the brown might be too red, I will fix it. Don't mind whats her name though she doesn't have a clue.

once i work out some issues i will get it posted.