Sign in to follow this  

I just realised tonight the venerable F-19, companion of many C-64 evenings is your work

Thanks; I do really like it and it is part of many campaing I made.

It works particularly well with and F-18 cockpit..

what do you think?

Howdy. I'm kind of new to modding, but I managed to add in a few details to this particualr aircraft model (F-19), allowing it to carry external weapons on wingtip pylons. It's not that realistic, but it seems to work just fine. I do have a few problems though, but I'll work on those. I used the following code:

[LeftOuterWingStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=3

StationGroupID=3

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-4.7,-4.30,-0.700

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,30.0

LoadLimit=1134

AllowedWeaponClass=2IR,IRM

AttachmentType=NATO,USN,USAF

ModelNodeName=Pylon_LO

PylonMass=127.2

PylonDragArea=0.04

[RightOuterWingStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=4

StationGroupID=3

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition= 4.7,-4.30,-0.700

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,-30.0

LoadLimit=1134

AllowedWeaponClass=2IR,IRM

AttachmentType=NATO,USN,USAF

ModelNodeName=Pylon_RO

PylonMass=127.2

PylonDragArea=0.04

and added it to the f-19_data.ini file in the weapons stations section. I also changed the radar to allow for 160 mile scan range and 80 mile track range, and replaced the outdated RWR f-18 model with the RWR from the F-23, which I also downloaded, simply by swapping out the two image files and changing the setting in the f-19 avionics to match.

In order to get the outer pylons to work, I also added them as components in the right/left outer wing modelling, simply by inputting:

SystemName[004]=RightOuterWingStation in the Right Outer Wing portion of the airframe details and the same thing (with necessary substitution of Left) in the Left Outer Wing station.

If anyone out there has a better way to do what I've done, please let me know.

Guest cyberspy

I like Canadair had F-19 on the C-64. Those were the good old days. Its not an understatement to say that when I found this mod for SF1. I was overjoyed. Flying it brought back many fond memories of early home computers and flight simulators. Now I have SF2 and was pleasantly surprised when this aircraft worked with it also. There are a few little cosmetic tweaks to be made. But on the whole. This mod works right out of the box. Or should I say "download"?

Great work.

There's an SF2 version in the SF2 /Aircraft downloads section

wrench

kevin stein

Guest cyberspy

There's an SF2 version in the SF2 /Aircraft downloads section

wrench

kevin stein

Yes, I saw that version. But it requires SF2:E. Which I don't have. This version doesn't require anything special.

Edited by cyberspy

It also works good using the F-23 cockpit.

Anybody knows if this plane really existed?? It is a lot of mistery around it, even some people say that this plane is the Aurora but i didn't find so much information about it. :dntknw:

Except from the Microprose F-19 Stelath Fighter flight sim.

Anybody knows if this plane really existed

No it never really existed. But, of course, the F-117A did exist and should have used the F-19 designation. The configuration shown here was quite a popular artist's impression from the mid-1980's and was used on the Italeri F-19 plastic model kit too.

of course, extracting the 150-odd cockpit bits from WoE or WoI's Eagles is probably too much work....

wrench

kevin stein