Sign in to follow this  
csb

Israel 2 terrain

Great terrain, Gepard.

I flew a couple of missions and did some sightseeing. Fantastic to fly down the Bekaa Valley(?).

Air bases are very impressive, very expansive. I hope we can have multiple squadron launches from an airbase.

I noticed a minor glitch. In the vegetation in the hills some of the trees are floating in the air (about 20metres high).

I toured around and found about 10 places where this occurs (about 10 min flying time).

Also noticed that it seemed to be the same formation of 6-8 trees.

This really is minor prob but I thought you might like to know.

I located 6 clumps and have the exact co-ordinates if you like.

And a reminder to Johan217 - you suggested you may do a campaign. Still on? Same era, please?

Cheers

Send me the coordinates and if you have a creenshot, please.

I hope that i can solve this problem.

V Nice...Only problem I have is when I start on the runway my plane explodes I am new to adding terrain what am I doing wrong ?

Firstly, as I said, your map looks great and 1:1 scale, very impressive.

Some coord's for floating trees :

665970 , 643940

615970 , 637994

666028 , 647955

662104 , 641980

666047 , 633964

616023 , 657991

Sorry, I can never work out how to add screenies.

Edited by csb

V Nice...Only problem I have is when I start on the runway my plane explodes I am new to adding terrain what am I doing wrong ?

Which version of wings are you using? I had to change the airields in the ini file to get them usable in WoE. There is an excellent guide on installing 3rd party terrain in the kb here, which I followed.

Yeah, I have the same problem with v1.5, making the Middle East campaign pack unplayable. I knew there was fix somewhere, but I forgot and was too lazy to look for it anyways. :P

Its originaly build for SFP1, but i got my copy of WOE yesterday, so that i will have a look on it.

Yeah, I have the same problem with v1.5, making the Middle East campaign pack unplayable. I knew there was fix somewhere, but I forgot and was too lazy to look for it anyways. :P

I tested this terrain with SFP1, WOV, WOE and i had never had exploding planes on the runway.Thatswhy following questions:

On which runways it happen?

Which planes do you use?

I don't really pay attention to runway names when I fly, but it happened 5 times in a row. Also, I used mainly modern-ish aircraft (1960 onwards). Basically every plane in the Middle East Campaign pack and some default and other 3rd party planes.

lol, I just realized that I didn't have a .cat file for the Israel Terrain, so I added it. (You can either make a new folder called 'Desert' and add the .Cat file from the default terrain folder, renamed Desert.Cat, of course, or do some .ini editing and add the renamed cat file into the Israel terrain folder) It works now, no spontaneous combusting, but there don't seem to be any textures. It's just a plain, whitewashed color.

lol, I just realized that I didn't have a .cat file for the Israel Terrain, so I added it. (You can either make a new folder called 'Desert' and add the .Cat file from the default terrain folder, renamed Desert.Cat, of course, or do some .ini editing and add the renamed cat file into the Israel terrain folder) It works now, no spontaneous combusting, but there don't seem to be any textures. It's just a plain, whitewashed color.

I've had no problems with the terrain thus far. I only have WOV, so I used the VietnamSEA .cat file and it works fine. I basically just followed the tutorial regarding adding 3rd party terrain found in the Knowledge Base (I have no idea what I'm doing otherwise; I don't even know what a .cat file is!)

The white area is normaly covered with the texture tiles which are included in Desert.cat.

You will need a replacement tileset. I think there is one at major lees aerodrom.

Ah, OK. I downloaded Duece's desert tiles, looks perfect now, if a little non-Israeli Desert-ish. :crazy:

Where's Duece's desert ?

Site seems to be closed, someone can upload here at combatace ?

Why not save yourself a butt-load of problems, and just download my upgraded version? Tiles included

Wrench

kevin stein

Sorry, I can never work out how to add screenies.

Hi csb.

If you don't have an account at PhotoBucket or some other file hosting site, then you may want to open one.

Ones you have the account, (mine is free at PhotoBucket), You upload your pics there and then you can put a pic in a post by copying the IMG code link and then pasting it onto your post.

My recommendation is to have all your pics JPG format.

Look at the pic I'v added, it'll give you a notion of what to do and how to do it.

post-1953-1232391524_thumb.jpg

Cheers.

Edited by Mannie

Mannie, are you flying that F/A-18I though the carrier's hanger?

Mannie, are you flying that F/A-18I though the carrier's hanger?

Yes I did, but I'm getting too old for this. :biggrin:

Thanks Mannie.

I will look into Photobucket site.

Thanks Mannie.

I will look into Photobucket site.

No problem buddy. :good:

On that latest upgrade (2.5), I belive I "mistakenly" forget to remove the stock desert tile set....hence the 25 meg file size :biggrin:

Wrench

kevin stein