Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Mig-27 won't work, damn lazy Mig!!

Just curious about something but having now had my grubbies on a copy of WoE for a short while, I decided that I wanna see what all the Mig-27 fuss was about so I modded it to fly, flew in in WoE. Blew up a bunch of stuff, tanks, buildings, my own airbase, etc; basically has some good clean family fun with it. But I've noticed it can't be ported to the other games in the series. Is this due to a lack of .LOD's in the Mig's folder?? Is there anyway to rectify this? I mean, I know I could prolly just port everthing I've got in SFG and WoV into WoE (or do a merged install) but I'm curious nonetheless...

To make it work in SF or WOV you need the LOD in the aircraft folder. Just look at the F-2A I gave you and that is how you would do it, to put it in SF. You need the data.ini and everything. Come up on MSN real quick man and I will help you.

To make it work in SF or WOV you need the LOD in the aircraft folder. Just look at the F-2A I gave you and that is how you would do it, to put it in SF. You need the data.ini and everything. Come up on MSN real quick man and I will help you.

Hey there USAFMTL,

Could you explain how it's done to a noob like me, please. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out on making this bird work, specifically for SF as it's one of my fav's. Thanks in advance and hope to hear from ya soon. Cheers

Edited by Atreides

What USAFMTL said. Extract the LOD files [5 of them] for the MiG 27 from the WOE Object.Cat. Then add them to the MiG 27 folder. You may want to extract the Shadow.Shd as well. I did this with the MiG 23M and it's working OK in Strike Fighters as an A.I. aircraft, although it seems to be missing a pilot seat that I havn't bothered looking for yet.

If you guys chill out I will have another Mig-27D ready for you all real soon. Real soon....

Like soon?soon?soon?

Now you guys just made me go in my inside man! :blush2: :victory:

Yo Yo

If you guys chill out I will have another Mig-27D ready for you all real soon. Real soon....

Kewl man :good:

I just wish I had a pit builder for it.

Hey USAFMTL,

At the risk of sounding overly demanding :biggrin: are you by any chance planning on adding the over wing chaff/flare dispensers that the Soviets hastily applied in mid 1989 to their 27D's to deal with the threat of shoulder launched missiles (read:Stingers) or is it going to be the baseline D model ?

Baseline D. The guy who did doesn't work on SF anymore so you are getting it as is....but its too nice a model for it to just sit on my hard drive.

Oh, By the way Dave, I got that WoE Mig-27 Sorted but it's a bit of a moot point now. Cheers anyways!

Baseline D. The guy who did doesn't work on SF anymore so you are getting it as is....but its too nice a model for it to just sit on my hard drive.

That's cool. Thanks for putting in the time and the effort to make it flyable for SF man :cool:

Hey USAFMTL,

Sorry to sound like a pain in the A**, but I was just curious as to the status of this plane, any idea, I apologise if I'm coming across as overly demanding.

Well it doesn't have a correct pit so I got one that is close but having a hell of a time getting to to work right. That and another skin for the package and it will be done.

Just curious though, in hidsight would'nt an A-4E cockpit have sufficed ? Seeing how the canopy of the 27 from the front atleast is roughly similar to that of the A4, furthermore the 27 having no AI radar, just the laser ranger and targeting in the chiseled nose. Just find it kinda strange that the WOE 27 use's the MIG-21 F13 pit. Anyways, what are you using as the 27 pit ? Will you also have and IAF skin ?

Cheers.

There's gonna be two IAF skins for the MiG-27. In addition there'll be a soviet skin.

There's gonna be two IAF skins for the MiG-27. In addition there'll be a soviet skin.

Awesome. :good: Thanks for the info.

You'll love her guys :cool:

soviettest3.jpg

soviettest4.jpg

Damn ! :clapping: Can't wait to fly strike mission's with this beaut. Since I mostly fly strike missions.

The one in the pics is the K model Ghostrider, however there are two other variants as well. I shall be able to confirm them later.

So, is there an update as to the progress with this bird, just anxious to get my paws on it you know :blush:

So, is there an update as to the progress with this bird, just anxious to get my paws on it you know :blush:

It will be out whens its ready. :)