Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Did anyone see this?

I only came across this article the other day even though it happened a while ago and it blew me away, especially the photos! Did anyone see this or am I the only one to miss it?? : :dntknw:

Here's the link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../napache122.xml

It's about some Ballsy poms going back on an ad hoc CSAR run to pick up their fallen comrade. All I'm saying is that I'd like to have mates like that after a night at the pub...

*Mental Note* Not going to pick on ANY UK soldiers ever again... EVER! Think I owe a mate an appology for a bit of occasional ribbing... :blush:

It's left me speechless. Too often in our society we casually throw words around like brave and courageous, but these guys are the real thing.

seen it before, yes

What a ride!!! amazing!

glad they were rescued ok.

In 1986 when Ron Arad's plane crashed in Lebanon,

The Pilot was rescued by a Cobra from the crash site to Israel holding on the Skates of the helo...

All I'm saying is that I'd like to have mates like that after a night at the pub...

You got that right pal...or anywhere else for that matter when the chips are down. Ive never doubted English bravery. On the same note, my wifes' father fought from Normandy all the way to Kiel, Germany during WW2 and was wounded 3 times. And youd never guess it to look at that slight, soft-spoken gentleman.

Splendid! The RMs where lauded as heros by thier supervisor instead of admonished to please the safety nazis. I sniveled for a boat team of SEALs for a C-1 Greyhound weapons load once. My chances for this are probably just as slight. :ph34r: CL

Leave no man behind......