img00001.jpg

img00002.jpg

img00003.jpg

img00005.jpg

img00012-1.jpg

img00022.jpg

img00025.jpg

img00024.jpg

First. I need to re-map the arms and hands.

One problem to fix, is the position of the Gunpod. I think there is no way to put in the right hand..? The gunpod, is an external weapon.

For now I made the animation into the bomb bay anim.

I think to animate only the legs into the vector thrust animation. And no arms animation to avoid the incorrect position of the gunpod.

If anyone got ideas for the gunpod, welcome!, and thanks!

Cheers

:crazy::crazy: WOOW!!

foxmonter, eres el amo!. I´ve saw Robotech-Macross since my childhood, and always loved the VF-1!! (I even keep a toy model). I´ve following your work here and in simhq, and I was atonished. Plus, I would tried to make an "cannon fodder" skin (the brown one) and now I discover you already got it!. THANK YOU a lot for all your work!. :clapping::clapping:

About the gunpod..., Have you tried to buid it not as a weapon but as a part of the model?. OK, we lose the chance of loading it, but this is a very usual weapon (if not the most) in the VF-1.

Bye!!

PD: The thrust vector nozzles controlled by pitch is possible in this game, isn´t?. the MIG-29OVT by scrapper has this feature, but as long the original model has no animated thrust vectoring nozzles the effect obiously is not 100% correct. But scrapper shown that thrust vectoring+controlled by pitch+afterburner is possible. I´m sure the VF-1 would be an terrific opponent in dogfight!

Holy god! If you manage to pull the VF-1 off it will completely change the series fo the good! Cant wait till this beaut comes out so I can go through all three transformation modes in the air and ground!

Amazing ! I thought I'm never going to see another fantasy plane aside from the Talon in the Strike fighter universe. I thought building a non-historical/non-existing aircraft is some sort of taboo for Strike Fighter. Guess I was wrong there. A big Macross fan myself, I was considering modelling one myself the other day but I'm still struggling how to use 3D Max and my personal life keep getting in the way. Anyway, do you have links or your own personal guide/ tutorial for building aircraft in 3D Max? I would greatly aprreciate if you could help a noobie modeller. I understand basic modelling but when it comes to LOD meshes, I'm lost. I already downloaded Mustang's video tutorials and some other materials but that particular stage still eludes me. Help me, please.

So, who's working on the Zentradi Battle Pods???

That is just soooo cool!!!

The major problem I see is, we don't have the SDF-1 to land on!!

Wonder if we could find the theme music and use it to replace the in-game stuff??? I've got the Robotech soundtrack somewhere on CD...have to find it....

Wrench

Kevin Stein

ps: please, no Minmei singing, ok???

Wonder if we could find the theme music and use it to replace the in-game stuff??? I've got the Robotech soundtrack somewhere on CD...have to find it....

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Actually I recently found some plan views of the Gnerl fighter (the triangular shaped fighter) and I am doing a Gmax model for it right now.

Edited by TheChief2000

CVS-101 Prometheus ...

prometheus.jpg

Source Draw.

carrier-prometheus.gif

Carriers are comming... next the SLV-101 Deedalus (not a Valkyrie carrier only mechs) to fininsh the sdf-1. :rolleyes:

:rofl:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Finally someone who agrees that she has an annoying voice! But just imagine if this thing turned into a whole mod! It would be a big project but well worth it!

I like Minmey... :alcoholic: , jaja!

I like Minmei too but she just has such an annoying voice!

Check the images.

img00001.jpg

img00002.jpg

img00003.jpg

img00005.jpg

img00012-1.jpg

img00022.jpg

img00025.jpg

img00024.jpg

First. I need to re-map the arms and hands.

One problem to fix, is the position of the Gunpod. I think there is no way to put in the right hand..? The gunpod, is an external weapon.

For now I made the animation into the bomb bay anim.

I think to animate only the legs into the vector thrust animation. And no arms animation to avoid the incorrect position of the gunpod.

If anyone got ideas for the gunpod, welcome!, and thanks!

Cheers

holy schmoe!!!

this is nice.....

got any more fictional WIP plans there?

i like the yukikaze too..

i would like to see if i could hover an FRX-00 mave....

Are you kidding me?

Holy crap! I want this!!!!!

Amazing ! I thought I'm never going to see another fantasy plane aside from the Talon in the Strike fighter universe. I thought building a non-historical/non-existing aircraft is some sort of taboo for Strike Fighter. Guess I was wrong there.

It's just depending on who you are really. Some feel that it should be for just aviation related sims while stuff like this is unpopular because "it's not real", plain and simple. There's alot of stubborness, and since most are military types (such as me) so the changing from the old to the new is sometimes hard to accept, to include me. So stuff like this is "taboo" and whether or not they like it, it's creativity. So on that note, that's pretty cool foxmonter, liking it myself :D

I'm sure that when this mod come out.. is gonna be a lot of downloads... :fans:

Hells yeah! Am I the only person who believes that this can actualy be possible in real life! I mean sure it would be a challenge to do but it would be possible, yet it would be a son of a gun to train pilots to get to transform and fight in this. Well anyway hope to see this and many other Macross related addons soon! Keep up the great work.

BTW

Minmei still has an annoying voice.

I believe it can be made too(with the exception of battroid mode) but we don't have the so-called over-tech to make them strong enough to withstand all the punishment from flying though buildings and obstacles and stuff.

Edited by kazamashin

I'm sure that when this mod come out.. is gonna be a lot of downloads... :fans:

No doubt, but that's a general impression that's all, I know I'll download it :smile:

No doubt, but that's a general impression that's all, I know I'll download it :smile:

Most probably you'll see a lot of new WOE sales to masses of Robotech and Macross fans dying for a chance to fly the VF-1 in combat sim.

a co worker let me borrow the entire Robotech series on DVD a while back.....I am actually kinda bummed I watched it....It didn't hold a candle to what I had remembered it as....kinda sucked in fact

The mecha and stuff are still very cool though

Guest Saganuay82

wasn't that great stuff when you were a kid? I'll download and still fly it Fox.

Most probably you'll see a lot of new WOE sales to masses of Robotech and Macross fans dying for a chance to fly the VF-1 in combat sim.

True enough, though I liked the Alpha more than the Veritech, but with the right skin the Veritech will look cool :smile:

Something like this 70s USN style scheme would be nice even though it isn't described as canon(who cares about being canon right ? :P).

I am sure alot of people would also like to see the Legioss/Alpha fighters too.

post-15939-1176088869_thumb.jpg

lol true, but I wouldn't paint mine that...

wasn't that great stuff when you were a kid? I'll download and still fly it Fox.

No, I was saying it was great when I was a kid.....not so great now....

This is definitely going in my aircraft directory when it is released....the closest I have gotten to flying a veritech was "launching" a model with a rubber band