Sign in to follow this  
Red Von Hammer

OFF Phase 2

theyre getting a server up within 24 hours.

I dont want this to sound like a commercial or anything, so I`ll just say it plain:

They would appreciate donations.. The new server is gonna cost alot of money..

Meanwhile, They recommend to get GetRight, or some kind of a download manager which will resume download if it gets stopped because of server crash or ISP plug outs now and then.

I used it just now when I downloaded OFF, worked splendid.

You wont get great download speeds. But atleast it downloads..

Patience grasshoppers, patience

S!

RvH

There, New site is up. They still urge people to not clobber it. And to please use a download manager or they wont be taking responsibility for broken download.

www.overflandersfields.com

S!

RvH

Thanks! Gives quite high speed so the night might be enough to get all files.. hope, not corrupted :biggrin:

Notice, there is a new patch there.

Just had a look at their forum... it's looks pretty tough for the team to pay for the server. Wish I could donate... :sorry:

Edited by Gr.Viper

Ehh, anyone else having trouble installing the Skins pack? I get like 30 seconds into it and it gets an error. I just want to make sure it's a problem with the installer itself before I spend 40 minutes redownloading. :crazy:

What's the error message you get? I used to get some error at a certain point of installation - turned out to be a corrupt download after all...

After coping with Runtime error 13 I finally got to fly Alb D.III... Neat. Now I'm waiting for the skin pack to download... :crazy:

Indeed!

All i did was using GetRight and I didnt get a single corrupt error, I suggest u do the same :)

Just finished playing some ALL vs ALL in multiplayer with NSS and flydude and a couple of other guys.

it was magnificent, allthough a little lagg, but atleast 5 times less lagg then FE! (No offense.)

And best haven`t been tested yet.. Online Campaign!!!

S!

RvH

I have DL and installed and it is more than we have any right to expect from a package that comes with no cost (except what you should properly feel you should offer).

The GUI is well thought through and detailed. OFF includes a diverse stable of aircraft with solid FM, nearly a gig of historically accurate skins, ground objects galore, user tunable weather, etc. etc.

The only problem I had was a prolonged DL because so many were in line to take a free ride.

Bravo OFF Team.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

sinbad

What's the error message you get? I used to get some error at a certain point of installation - turned out to be a corrupt download after all...

After coping with Runtime error 13 I finally got to fly Alb D.III... Neat. Now I'm waiting for the skin pack to download... :crazy:

"Over Flanders Fields Phase 2 Skin Pack Ver 1.0 has not been totally installed because of the following reason:

campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\off_albDII_J19_t_Jasta 19 1916.dds: This file contains invalid data. (error 21FC)

You will have to run this utility again to conpletely install Over Flanders Fields Phase 2 Skin Pack Ver 1.0."

Anyone have any idea what the devil this means?

It's invalid data ... file corruption.

http://www.overflandersfields.com/

Now says

Over Flanders Fields Phase 2 Skins Pack Version 1.0 (Release)

* * * THIS FILE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAIL UNTIL CRC ERROR FIXED * * *

So I guess the file is corrupted on the server not during the download...

---

Never mind, the file on the server seems to be back to normal.. :ok:

---

Nope. It isn't all right. Fails to unpack some dh2 skin... some people are reporting the same issue on their forum so it's server again. Those who managed to download from the old site are the luckiest.

Apparently, the fixed skin pack is coming but we'll have to wait 'a day and a half' http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=37513

The game rocks! :good: I killed 2 of my pilots already. :cool: Wish I could enable all the terrain graphics

Dawn. 3 E.III front line patrol/spotting mission. 20 minute flight to the target(perfect time to read manual :biggrin: And to see the sun rise from the clouds :clapping: ).. Then even before we've reached the trenches and were right above a friendly airfield a number of blips showed up close on tac display(kept it on for navigation). Looked up over the shoulder(TrackIR be praised!) and found 5 Strutters way above us. 5 secs later I was hit really bad. Half of controls were gone, fuel tank hit(say 'good bye' to home base).. Luckily they didn't hit the pilot. I tired to land the kite right on the airfield below... pulled out of dive in the last second, touched the runway then started reaching for fuel line cut shortcut - got distracted, released the joystick.. E.III would immediately flip nose down and burst into flames. 15 days of hospital :ok:

Love it :blush:

Ah, well, the skin seems to not be absolutely necessary. Just give me the standard scheme, as long as I can fly! :pilot:

I read the documentation and it says “Over Flanders Fields Phase2 will automatically detect a Phase1 installation and backup appropriate folders into \Microsoft Games\Backup”. Does anyone know:

1.does this mean that Phase 2 will overwrite the Phase 1 folder? In other words, can I have both a Phase 1 and Phase 2 folder (in case something goes wrong with Phase 2)? (Is this even a good idea?) :blink:

2. Does this mean Phase 2 already contains the content and updates of Phase 1? Thanks…

I'm not sure about the answer to the second, but I'm fairly certain that Phase 2 overwrites some files for Phase 1 (Correct me if I'm wrong), hence the backup.

Or perhaps it's a very elaborate security measure (If something gets messed up, just copy the files from the backup into the folder).

Phase two doesn't seem to need anything from Phase one AND can be installed over P1. Quite convenient... :yes:

Can someone please explain me, how am I supposed to attack a ground target with machine guns and NOT get my wings and fuel tank ripped? I've heard the 'never get below 3000ft' rule but try to telling it to Generator that sends me to attack an army base...

Simple, U dont attack it.

Main rule in OFF is to stay alive, U don`t have to accomplish impossible missions like attacking army bases. If you see a enormously outnumbering enemy squadron during a CAP, show them ur tail.

Yes there are still some issues in both downloads and bugs. in the sim-outhouse.com forums, read the thread Winding Man just made, dont just start making One thread for each issue you are having, they will delete it without even reading it. Go into the: I have an issue, thread, and post calmly, unstressed and not with big letters. They will check that thread once a day and they will do anything they can to solve the problem as well as adding them into the KNOWN ISSUES, thread, which you also must read before posting your problem.

Owh and also, You dont need Phase 1 for Phase 2, think about it :) Phase 1 was about 700 mb, Phase 2 is 2.3 gb.. (No offense meant ) Phase 2 deletes most of Phase 1 and backups other parts of Phase 1, during the install :) Also read the thread on how to enable 2048 hi resolution skins, If You are one of the real crazy graphics card fanatics, enable 4X AA in your graphics card software (OFF is not controlling Anti Aliasing.) And Phase 2 will look.. No offense but the simple truth: Better then First Eagles. To be able to have full graphics on this game, you need a better graphics solution then what is offered today. Polovski, one of the creators of OFF, had a 7800 GTX SLI setup, not even he managed to run OFF at highest graphics..

S!

RvH

Edited by Red Von Hammer

Wow.

Oh well, it looks pretty good to me with everything at medium, I can't imagine how it would look on a NASA supercomputer with everything on full. :crazy: Ah well, I'm satisfied if the plane looks pretty. Everything else is just a target anyways.

I can't wait to try this, once I eventually get the files of course! :victory:

Yes, don`t worry u`ll get it. Remember to use a Download Application, like GetRight forexample.

A failed download is too precious to go lost, so use a Download Application!

S!

RvH

Finally the skin pack is working. Let's celebrate! :alcoholic:

Wow, two more patches since I DL'd 1.0a, can't forget those! :wink:

What are the possible reasons for engine failure? I was just running away from a pack of S.VII at tree top level made it quite far into friendly territory then all of a sudden my engine coughs and stops, I stall immediately and nose-dive into the bushes.. Yet another pilot dead.

Tried to autostart it to see what's wrong but didn't have enough time... I had similar crashes due to fuel leaks and once for "Unknown reason". What kind of engine problems are modeled there?

What are the possible reasons for engine failure? I was just running away from a pack of S.VII at tree top level made it quite far into friendly territory then all of a sudden my engine coughs and stops, I stall immediately and nose-dive into the bushes.. Yet another pilot dead.

Tried to autostart it to see what's wrong but didn't have enough time... I had similar crashes due to fuel leaks and once for "Unknown reason". What kind of engine problems are modeled there?

Wow! Have they modeled random engine failures into the game too? :crazy:

Did you accidentally move the mixture all the way back? I find that's an effective way to cut the engine, which definitely comes in handy after landing. Nothing like making a perfect 3 pointer and running into a tree to make you eat some humble pie.

I was flying quite low in mountains and trying to get away, so I constantly played with mixture observing speed change through HUD you get pressing Z(cheater!). The mixture wasn't all the way back, I think. When the engine started to behave strangely I made it even richer...

The plane was shot a little bit but I noticed only airframe hits, though I can't be sure.. So fuel leak is possible, but the 'unknown reason'(got it once after being shot my AAMG) still sounds interesting. :crazy:

3 pointer? I once landed a D.VII on three points. :cool: The points were: left gear, tail skid, left wing tip. :biggrin: Then I stopped and saw a nice animation of pilot limping away from burning plane. Then campaign manager said, the pilot was dead. :biggrin: For landings on gear I learned to do that 180 turn - better than brakes :ok: