Hi mig14...welcome to CombatACE. :biggrin:

You can make the Salmson 2A flyable. Here is how I did it. It needs to have a cockpit to be flyable so first, using the SFP1e extractor tool, you need to extract the SPAD 13_COCKPIT.INI file from the ObjectData.cat file in the Objects folder. You will also need the Salmson2a_DATA.INI from the same source. First put the SPAD13_COCKPIT.INI and the Salmson2A_DATA.INI file in the Salmson2A aircraft folder with the Salmson2A.ini file.

Now, open the Salmson2A.INI file and add this line like so:

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=Salmson 2 A.2

AircraftShortName=Salmson 2

AircraftDataFile=Salmson2A_data.ini

LoadoutFile=Salmson2A_loadout.ini

CockpitDataFile=Salmson2A_cockpit.ini <------Add this line

Next rename the SPAD13_COCKPIT.INI file to Salmson2A_COCKPIT.INI

Open the new Salmson2A_COCKPIT.INI and change the following line:

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=S13_cpit.LOD

HideExternalNodeName=cockpit

OpenCockpit=TRUE

ExternalClipDistMin=0.04

Position=0.0,0.09,0.74 <------Change this line to these values which match the pilot position in the DATA.INI

Offset=0.00,0.00,0.00

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

That should do the trick. You should now have a flyable SALMSON with a SPAD cockpit. :biggrin:

Cheers Tailspin I'll have a go at that tonight!

Any problems, let me know and we'll try to work it out. :good:

I did all that but the Salmson still does not appear in the list of available aircraft. :sorry:

Hi mig14

Have look in the ini file of another aircraft - say the Spad 13. Does it have a "hanger" file line? Without a hanger you can't select FLY or LOADOUT so the aircraft doesn't show up in the list.

Try copying the entry from the SPAD 13 into your Salmson2A.ini. It doesn't matter that you get the SPAD 13 bitmap appear. I think that should fix it. But I'm at work and can't check for sure.

LloydNB

You don't need a hanger file. All I have in my Salmson2A folder are the skins folder, the Salmson2A.ini file, the renamed Salmson2A_cockpit.ini, and the Salmson2A_data.ini.

mig14, go back and check all your spelling, no spaces between words etc., and make sure everything is correct.

Edit..I mean hanger file reference. The section of the .ini file above is copied directly from my in game .ini.

On 07.03.2007 at 9:25 AM, Tailspin said:

Hi mig14...welcome to CombatACE. :biggrin:

You can make the Salmson 2A flyable. Here is how I did it. It needs to have a cockpit to be flyable so first, using the SFP1e extractor tool, you need to extract the SPAD 13_COCKPIT.INI file from the ObjectData.cat file in the Objects folder. You will also need the Salmson2a_DATA.INI from the same source. First put the SPAD13_COCKPIT.INI and the Salmson2A_DATA.INI file in the Salmson2A aircraft folder with the Salmson2A.ini file.

Now, open the Salmson2A.INI file and add this line like so:

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=Salmson 2 A.2

AircraftShortName=Salmson 2

AircraftDataFile=Salmson2A_data.ini

LoadoutFile=Salmson2A_loadout.ini

CockpitDataFile=Salmson2A_cockpit.ini <------Add this line

Next rename the SPAD13_COCKPIT.INI file to Salmson2A_COCKPIT.INI

Open the new Salmson2A_COCKPIT.INI and change the following line:

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=S13_cpit.LOD

HideExternalNodeName=cockpit

OpenCockpit=TRUE

ExternalClipDistMin=0.04

Position=0.0,0.09,0.74 <------Change this line to these values which match the pilot position in the DATA.INI

Offset=0.00,0.00,0.00

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

That should do the trick. You should now have a flyable SALMSON with a SPAD cockpit. :biggrin:

Hello everybody! Tailspin, tell me please, where Can I take SFP1e extractor tool?

Btw. what about D.F.W.C.V and Albatros D.Va(I still have the first version of FE) ? Can I make them both flyable? The Salmson is ok, but these planes... I did everything, but they still don't appear in the list... Everything! What was wrong?? :(

Edited by JacksonM

3 hours ago, JacksonM said:

Btw. what about D.F.W.C.V and Albatros D.Va(I still have the first version of FE) ? Can I make them both flyable?

Yes of course. You can dо it in the same way as described above by Tailspin. FE allows you to substitute any cockpits for different aircraft. Just you need to be more attentive! Then you will succeed.. )  I think the cockpit from the other German fighters will approach to the Albatross D.Va.  You can give to D.F.W.C.V any cabin from the Albatross or from other German two-seaters. Surely, this will be a non-ideal and fictitious cockpit, but, nevertheless, you can fly AI planes. Also you can see here:

https://combatace.com/files/category/360-first-eagles-wwi-and-early-years-add-on-aircraft/

There are a lot of new aircraft in this Downloads section. Some are really good, even better than the stock aircraft, some are not. Someones are easily on the same level of the stock planes and some other are even superior in terms of functionnality.
Enjoy!

P.S. In fact, the Albatross D.Va became flyable in the 1st Expansion Pack (it's a payware  content). But here is a fictitious cockpit:

Edited by Crawford

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

There are a lot of new aircraft in this Downloads section. Some are really good, even better than the stock aircraft, some are not. Someones are easily on the same level of the stock planes and some other are even superior in terms of functionnality.

Thank you! I downloaded AEG C.IV v2 and LFG Roland D.IIa v1.1! 

And now, I think, I can use AEG C.IV v2 cockpit for D.F.W.C.V, can't I?

And second question: How to drop external bombs from this aircraft??

Edited by JacksonM

Phh.. I wrote something wrong.

Look here, yesterday I downloaded this pack and unziped it to aircraft folder

Doesn't matter - DFWCV didn't appear.

I'm sorry for too many questions, but...

Do you know, what should I do in this case?

Edited by JacksonM

Btw. I noticed that when I was trying to add it in list of available aircraft, the textures and sounds of D.F.W.C.V disappeared!!

What is it?

1 hour ago, JacksonM said:

Thank you! I downloaded AEG C.IV v2 and LFG Roland D.IIa v1.1! 

And now, I think, I can use AEG C.IV v2 cockpit for D.F.W.C.V, can't I?

And second question: How to drop external bombs from this aircraft??

1) Don't mention it. I'm glad to help you.

2) Yes you can. Why not? As an experiment )

3) With the ENTER key. But first you need to switch to bombs with the BACKSLASH key [ \ ]. You can select internal or external bombs in the Loadout window (Accept ----> Hangar ----> Loadout).

Also look in the Control options (select 'Customise') and look in the 'Controls' folder in your FE directory.

Edited by Crawford

48 minutes ago, JacksonM said:

Doesn't matter - DFWCV didn't appear.

Just try to drop this file into your DFWC5 folder.

DFCW5_cockpit.INI

Do not forget to add the following entry into your DFWC5.ini file:

CockpitDataFile=DFCW5_cockpit.ini

Edited by Crawford

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

Just try to drop this file into your DFWC5 folder.

DFCW5_cockpit.INI

Do not forget to add the following entry into your DFWC5.ini file:

CockpitDataFile=DFCW5_cockpit.ini

I did it for many times. I did it again and droped the cockpit file you gave me in that folder. I checked entry.

I don't know what's the matter with game, maybe this problem is only on my computer, but it's useless -

When I did everything you told me, I went  to aircraft list in "single mission" and checked - and again the result was negative. 

22 minutes ago, JacksonM said:

I did it for many times. I did it again and droped the cockpit file you gave me in that folder. I checked entry.

I don't know what's the matter with game, maybe this problem is only on my computer, but it's useless -

When I did everything you told me, I went  to aircraft list in "single mission" and checked - and again the result was negative. 

It's very strange ... Before the conversation with you my DFW C.V was non-flyable, because I do not like to fly furniture vans. But now everything works fine...

Your DFWC5 folder looks like this?

355634636-2.jpg

13 minutes ago, Crawford said:

It's very strange ... Before the conversation with you my DFW C.V was non-flyable, because I do not like to fly furniture vans. But now everything works fine...

Furnitutre vans. Lol.

Here you are. Look here

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.f20fbfd9cc1a2e5f81b2aa697b4f8f5d.png

Edited by JacksonM

JacksonM, You have two cockpit inis in your folder. Change your CockpitDataFile=DFCW5_cockpit.ini line to CockpitDataFile=DFWC5_cockpit.ini.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JacksonM said:

Furnitutre vans. Lol.

Here you are. Look here

Ah, I get it. ))  Russia! :biggrin:

В таком случае, с вашего позволения, я перейду на более понятный для нас обих язык. ) Касаемо "фургонов" - пилоты Первой Мировой действительно называли так свои аппараты. А также "упаковочными коробками" (см. мемуары фон Рихтгофена, например) и тому подобное. Воздушные извозчики же! )) Кажется, к одноместным истребителям данные эпитеты не относились.

Теперь вернемся к нашим Орлам.  Серьезно не могу понять, в чем тут дело. Сама-то игра нормально идет? Насколько я знаю, она заточена под WinXP и под висту и всякие семёрки-десятки идет не очень. Там, насколько я понял, что-то с битностью систем связано. Но вряд ли это может проявиться конкретно на DFW C.V, раз игра запускается и бежит... Попробуйте сделать резервную копию папки DFWC5, а эту удалите из папки с игрой. В резервной папке оставьте только те файлы, которые были в стоке - т.е. две папки со скинами и файл DFWC5.INI. После данной операции вбросьте туда все скачанные вами файлы (те, которые со скринами ангара и загрузки). Прграмма потребует перезаписат ини-файл. Нажмите "да", естественно. Затем бросьте эту DFWC5 папку в вашу директорию с самолетами (Aircraft). Если и это не поможет, тогда я даже не знаю... Разве что переустановка игры? Но, полагаю, что такие радикальные меры не потребуются... )

Edited by Crawford

27 minutes ago, Heck said:

JacksonM, You have two cockpit inis in your folder. Change your CockpitDataFile=DFCW5_cockpit.ini line to CockpitDataFile=DFWC5_cockpit.ini.

No, that's the right name of the file. DFCW5_cockpit.ini  - that's it!  It is also written in the DFWC5.ini file. These are the file names in Aladar's download, and it works! Although, of course, we can rename it and make a corresponding change to the DFWC5.ini file. But in this case it will be extra complexity.))