Sign in to follow this  
FooFighters

F18E or F18 blue angels skin ?

Flanker, that looks pretty good so far, and I for one can't ait to download it when you release it.

I hate to burst anyones bubble but that will never be released. It's in horrible shape, wpnssgt and I can't find the original creator who gave it to us to help out with. I gave it to Flanker so he could see for himself how bad it was. Thus why he bought that Turbo Squid model. If one need to get done it need to get done from that one.

Alienbj42, you got a PM as well, I figure if he's not going to reply, I can send you what I got. I've been over it last night, and it's alot better than the monster above....

LOL USAFMTL has a point though, he did do that so I could at least see and to stop bugging him about the SH, so yeah, let's see about making eighty bucks worth it. I mean hell I'm the one who spent the money, and I'm offering it for FREEEEEE. Yep get it into WOE and yep, I'll send the joker over, seriously.

I wonder is wpnssgt could do something with that Turbo Squid model?

If he could I'd be most appreciative, or Alienjb42 has a lead for me as well, so we'll see.

What's the poly count on that turbosquid model?

There was a pack with an E, that F and a EA-18G on turbosquid as well. Alternatively there was an E/F and X-32 that could be bought on another site, I was going to get those.

What does JSF aggie specificially do? would he have access to things from older X-plane projects? like the X-31 NASA tested?

Edited by eraser_tr

What does JSF aggie specificially do?

I think he works on the simulator program for the JSF.

Haha hows about an E version (or make that one the Growler?) instead? since I got somebody on the F version already... Though I've sorta started on some weapons stuff for it, got the dual AMRAAM rails started (from a version capun helped me with). Plus I got some ALQ-99 models from that pack that was previously talked about, so I gotta get a hold of that maker and get those in.

post-5735-1174927627_thumb.jpg

Haha hows about an E version (or make that one the Growler?) instead? since I got somebody on the F version already... Though I've sorta started on some weapons stuff for it, got the dual AMRAAM rails started (from a version capun helped me with). Plus I got some ALQ-99 models from that pack that was previously talked about, so I gotta get a hold of that maker and get those in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know that there was a model F ready . :no2:

My work is lost! :sad:

Now it is simple to convert its model F in E. :bye:

A light in the tunnel! :biggrin:

f18ftest01.jpg

:shok::shok::shok::shok::clapping::clapping::clapping:

that's wat i'm talkin bout!

-and Flanker, I apologize. I wasn't tryin ta break your balls there. Simply makin observations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know that there was a model F ready . :no2:

My work is lost! :sad:

Now it is simple to convert its model F in E. :bye:

Marcelo

That is a junk model that will never be released so please press on with your work.

USAFMTL again is right. Since I got something to work off of, work that will be done with the one I got (which again, won't be released) to develop weapons, stores, etc. When a more complete model is in fruition, then I'll send them to USAFMTL so we can add it to the one in development. Besides, the one I got is crap, which is why I was so anxious to get it started. But the E version would be nice, kinda like a Super Hornet Pack or something, I mean still got the EA-18 to do.. Woulnd't want all that work to go to waste :smile:

Marcelo

That is a junk model that will never be released so please press on with your work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand!

Why won't be released ?

It seems good.

What is wrong?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand!

Why won't be released ?

It seems good.

What is wrong?

Looks can be deceiving, its in bad shape, missing polys, smoothing problems. Yours is nice and refined, the other was in the early stages when the creater disappeared.

So the stock reply to cut and paste when anyone asks about the Superhornet is:

The single seat E model is being done by Marcfighter, and the two seat F and G models are being done by Flanker562

And they'll be ready in 'two weeks'

Correct?

So the stock reply to cut and paste when anyone asks about the Superhornet is:

The single seat E model is being done by Marcfighter, and the two seat F and G models are being done by Flanker562

And they'll be ready in 'two weeks'

Correct?

---------------------------------------------------------

allenjb42!

That will delay. :ok:

Well essentially I could have either the G or F but really I'm more of an F person. But yeah it'd be more or less marcfighter doing the E version

Some comparisons:

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.sear...ine_version=6.0

This above is the link that will take you to the F-18/A/B/C/D/E/F image library:

Current one I have:

airw44.jpg

airw45.jpg

airw46.jpg

airw41.jpg

airw42.jpg

airw43.jpg

I can deal with the pylons not being 9 degrees, but it's not an SH with the weird look to them. In some pics it actually looks cool.

Marcfighter, if it was a smoking model and I had made it, or helped skin it, the attitude towards the release would be a 180 degree turnaround, i.e. we'd be talking about release, and etc etc. You have to understand (like we keep repeating this) that this model is utter crap, just compare between the photos on Airliners.net and the screens above. It's crap, but it's great to fly around, and second to the Tomcat as far as maneuverability, and you can just load alot of stuff on the SH. So again to everybody:

The model that USAFMTL was given to me because I pestered him about it and he said "okay here, look at this crap" So yes the model IMO is utter crap. It's okay but there's better out there and we both realized this. Part of this was to get an SH into WOE because if MSFS can do it, so can WOE. So this current model I have is and won't be for release. The errors above are enough to make me tolerate it, not enjoy it, as said, the community could do alot better.

trust me Marcfighter if I hadnt bought that model and capun did the work he did, then I'd take your model untextured anyday, trust me.

Guest Saganuay82

Ya know Marc, if you happen to have a B model laying around, it doesn't need any modern avionics for it.

That's the issue some people had, electronics modelling, but this is WOE. With the current radar I have modelled from the F/A-18A (it's what I have to use in lieu of the jacked up cockpit it came with) I can get acquisition, lock and shoot around 40nm, so it's not too bad. Also an aspect ratio check:

airw49.jpg

kewl man, if you need any reference pics that I've gleaned let me know and I'll get them too you. Most of them are from Airliners.net but at the same time it'll save some trouble and possibly time...

Though only one question I have, is that can you do the ARS for it? And can you script it for actual airborne refuelling or is it just there for looks as I've seen elsewhere?

Inflight refueling is just for looks in the series, the buddy store is in the weps pack i do believe.

HEHE.....

poor man's G model........ add some ALQ-99's to it!

GCS0004.jpg

:haha: