Sign in to follow this  
bwRavencl

Sukhoi SU-34 Platypus

The F-22B 2-seater was planned but was dropped years ago...

That was dropped around 2001 wasn't it? Part of the reasoning was to reduce costs, another part was that LIFT (lead in fighter training) could be performed using an existing (yet customised) airframe.

I'm sure 90% of the reasoning was to reduce costs! :grin:

But it would make a wonderful "what if" model. As would an 2-seater F-35.

I would think they'd do something for being trained to fly a plane with thrust vectoring.

But it would make a wonderful "what if" model. As would an 2-seater F-35.

I would think they'd do something for being trained to fly a plane with thrust vectoring.

You might be into something here. Even with modern avionics vertical landing is still really hard. So sooner or later there will be demand for a VSTOL trainer (when 2-seat harriers are gone). So a 2-seat F-35 might not be so "what if".

The FB-22 may happen. But probably it will not be called FB-22 :biggrin: We might live in "multirole" era, but there is still need for aircraft like F-111, Tornado, F-15E, or Su-34. And what will replace them? Certainly not F-35. It is after all only a stealthy F-16. :wink:

The amount of money being spent lately is literally staggering.

Hi Marcfighter,

can you report any progress about the Su-34?

On your screenshots it looks already very impressing! :good::good::good:

What work will you still have to do on it?

I hope you will realese it soon.

I can't wait! :biggrin:

BTW,when they are going to be ready?

Can t wait to fly the Su-24 and the Su-25.And does anyone is planning to finish the Su-47?

If I know the later production version of the Su-27 and it clones(Su-30,Su-33,Su-34...), has 12 weapon pods. There are 2 new internal pods pods on the wings. On the pictures of Su-34 I don't see it! Why?

Probably because, just as Marcelo stated it, it's still a WIP, which means Work In Progress... :this:

If I know the later production version of the Su-27 and it clones(Su-30,Su-33,Su-34...), has 12 weapon pods. There are 2 new internal pods pods on the wings. On the pictures of Su-34 I don't see it! Why?

Probably because the '34 in the image is carrying the maximum loadout for the mission it's flying. Even Marc's Su-27 has 12 weapon's stations.