Anyone know whatup with Bunny's site? Tis tits up. :dntknw:

Yep its Tango Uniform. What were you looking for Don? Maybe I have it.

And the Weapons Wiki's down too.

Rob didn't shut them down, did he?? (would he??)

And I was just updating more birds late last week...

Wrench

Kevin Stein

That is why all that stuff should of went into the Knowledge base as well. Now look at all we have lost.

Ugh.

Awww, crap. I knew I should have done the ol' cut and paste trick...

Hmm, well... looks like I'll have to stitch together my own loadout manual. It's hard to beat Wiki, though. Damn.

Edited by Tristan

Well, hell....

Looks like we'll need to start the "Weapons Pak Loadouts and Data Ini Updates" thread in the KB.

Time to start the massive copy/paste work (damn, and I got applictions to fill out for jobs too!!)

Dave, start the thread and we'll get startd on it.

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Ok Kev....

If it will be of assistance, I have 29 of the loadout updates saved in one big folder. I'd be happy to email the whole folder to the designated project leader. I just tried to upload the files in the new Knowledge Base thread, and it indicated I was not authorized.

Well,I did some "hacking" yesterday...

I copy"ed" and paste the weapons of a MiG-21 variant,a mad future one that had all the AAs and Indian weapons,in the MF and PFM data and loadout.

It worked fine for me.

There, see how easy it is????

It really cracks me up as to how bent some folks get over something as simple to fix as loadouts.

Wrench's Quick and Easy Guide to Weapons Fixing: The Lazy Man's Way

Attachement types may vary for era to era, so you need to make sure the nation in the attachment type matches the country. There are some exceptions, of course, as there are to every rule set.

Many country specific weapons and weapons attachement types can be found by useing the Weapons Editor, and just looking for the main country of origin (right column), and attachment type (right-center column)

1) If it's Soviet or Warsaw Pact air forces, change attachement type to "SOVIET"

a) if it's somebody elses; ie Egyptian 21PFM, leave as "WP"

b)Indian, Iraqi, Iranian, PRC, Egypt, and several others have their own.

2) WW2 aircraft have differing nations. Although some (RAF,USN,USAF,USMC) stay the same.

a) Nazi Germany in no longer a valid type - it has been changed to "W_Germany". Don't ask me why!

b) WW2 Soviet is now the type for several 'older' weapons that may still have been in use by the USSR during the 50-70s

c) WW2 Japanese Empire now takes "JAPAN" as it's attachement type.

3) NATO/Western powers have their own, and can be used by changing their's (ie: an RAF Phantom can carry both USN or RAF weapons

a) France, Belgium, West Germany (pre-reunification), Netherlands also have their own types. Those that use American aircraft, may also be able to mount USAF weapons.

Now, of course there's the name changes for Russkie stuff.....and that's for another post! (but that too, can be found via the weapons editor)

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Ok Kev....

I have some Data Base files to donate. To whom,where and how? Or should I just attach them to

a post here?

Edited by Bwf