Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Yak-41 FM and Effects Upgrade Released

Available here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=4460

This flight model represents a "tweak" on Gabilon's original and is not an FM penned from the ground up. As such, it may not neccessarily perform exactly as the real aircraft may have, had it made it into production.

It does not contain the aircraft itself, which you must have installed FIRST.

Gabilon's YAK-41 can be downloaded at:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=4212

Installation:

Extract the contents of the zip file directly into your main Strike Fighters/Wings over Vietnam/Wings over Europe folder. Click "Yes to all" if prompted.

Don't worry, it only replaces the YAK41_DATA.ini file, and ADDS sounds and effects. It does not overwrite anything else, unless you already had the MiG_AB effect and FiseVapor TGAs, and replacing them will only cause them to be overwritten with the same files.

Improvements over the original:

1) Inertia values, Drag and lift values and their respective tables have been adjusted for a more realistic feel. An added bonus: the AI no longer blows up on the apron while waiting for you to get airborne.

2) Main engine thrust set to proper values (reflecting YAK-141M specifications), and afterburner & effects added.

3) Lift engine thrust and throttle-rate values adjusted to allow for balanced VTOL operations (a bit of a cheat, as the real Yakovlev required afterburner w/full stores to achieve VTOL).

4) Wingtip Reaction Control Jets relocated for greater effectiveness, and to place them about where they'd be in the real model.

5) Internal gun entry set to use the Su-27/Mig-29 weapon that has been in use since the MiG-29 model's release in 2004, the "Gsh-301" for standardization's sake (and since it's already in the gundata.ini that comes with the weapons pack). Burst values for same wep set to 12 rounds, for the wastrel AI's sake.

6) Stores attachment points on the inner wing pylons relocated .5 meter forward to allow for full flap deflection without visual interference.

VTOL Operation Checklist:

1) BE SMOOTH AT ALL TIMES....Deploy air brakes (required to raise forward lift engine intake screen)

2) Set flaps to full

3) Set nozzles to full down position

4) Release wheel brakes

5) Apply throttle SMOOTHLY. You will start lifting at approx. 87% throttle. Under no circumstances should you apply more than 89% throttle when in VTOL mode, or you will loose control when the AB kicks in.

6) As you're gaining altitude, dip the nose forward slightly while still in VTOL mode to gain forward momentum.

7) Raise the landing gear, and begin swiveling the nozzles back (as smoothly as possible), as you gain forward speed.

8) Retract the air brake/intake screen as you pass 80 knots, raise the flaps all the way at 170 knots,

9) Did I remind you to be smooth as often as I should have? : )

10) Practice makes perfect!

MiG Afterburner effects and fuselage vapor effect, courtesy of Deuces (The fuselage vapor effect was modified to "fit" this model).

Have Fun...

Also in the works: Fictional Northern Fleet textures for the '141M

gallery_279_43_108594.jpg

gallery_279_43_23375.jpg

gallery_279_43_117904.jpg

wow..a darker looking Freestyle..and it blends into the background really well. BTW this upgrade mod works really well..the only thing i would change is the entry for engine sound to retain the original loudish Yak41 sound.

nice camou!!!!!

i just downloaded this yakkie on my iPod shuffle used as flash disk.

i will be testing if the inherent flight mode transition problems had been solved, especially the transition from horizontal flight to hover landing, in which the old yakkie does a death dance.

and does this yakkie have its own cockpit now?

and do we have available anywhaere the older brother yak-38?

Edited by Shin_kazama

Texture uploaded and available....enjoy

gallery_279_43_150877.jpg

Excellent work gang! I have been enjoying this jet lately. It is unique, and will lead to more enjoyment from this game. I can't think of any other game/sim that I have played as long as the SFP series.

Any ideas from anyone as to why my cockpit on the folder for the a/c doesnt show at all when i load it for a mission, it looks as though there is no cockpit whatsoever

Hey Jarhead 1:

From the readme file included with the model:

The model uses WOE's Harrier GR-3 cockpit. You can change to any other available cockpit with some INI editing.

Unless you have installed the Yak-41 to WOE, you will not have the WOE Harrier GR-3 cockpit available. The Thirdwire Harrier GR-3 is only included with WOE.

Available here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=4460

This flight model represents a "tweak" on Gabilon's original and is not an FM penned from the ground up. As such, it may not neccessarily perform exactly as the real aircraft may have, had it made it into production.

It does not contain the aircraft itself, which you must have installed FIRST.

Gabilon's YAK-41 can be downloaded at:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=4212

Installation:

Extract the contents of the zip file directly into your main Strike Fighters/Wings over Vietnam/Wings over Europe folder. Click "Yes to all" if prompted.

Don't worry, it only replaces the YAK41_DATA.ini file, and ADDS sounds and effects. It does not overwrite anything else, unless you already had the MiG_AB effect and FiseVapor TGAs, and replacing them will only cause them to be overwritten with the same files.

Improvements over the original:

1) Inertia values, Drag and lift values and their respective tables have been adjusted for a more realistic feel. An added bonus: the AI no longer blows up on the apron while waiting for you to get airborne.

2) Main engine thrust set to proper values (reflecting YAK-141M specifications), and afterburner & effects added.

3) Lift engine thrust and throttle-rate values adjusted to allow for balanced VTOL operations (a bit of a cheat, as the real Yakovlev required afterburner w/full stores to achieve VTOL).

4) Wingtip Reaction Control Jets relocated for greater effectiveness, and to place them about where they'd be in the real model.

5) Internal gun entry set to use the Su-27/Mig-29 weapon that has been in use since the MiG-29 model's release in 2004, the "Gsh-301" for standardization's sake (and since it's already in the gundata.ini that comes with the weapons pack). Burst values for same wep set to 12 rounds, for the wastrel AI's sake.

6) Stores attachment points on the inner wing pylons relocated .5 meter forward to allow for full flap deflection without visual interference.

VTOL Operation Checklist:

1) BE SMOOTH AT ALL TIMES....Deploy air brakes (required to raise forward lift engine intake screen)

2) Set flaps to full

3) Set nozzles to full down position

4) Release wheel brakes

5) Apply throttle SMOOTHLY. You will start lifting at approx. 87% throttle. Under no circumstances should you apply more than 89% throttle when in VTOL mode, or you will loose control when the AB kicks in.

6) As you're gaining altitude, dip the nose forward slightly while still in VTOL mode to gain forward momentum.

7) Raise the landing gear, and begin swiveling the nozzles back (as smoothly as possible), as you gain forward speed.

8) Retract the air brake/intake screen as you pass 80 knots, raise the flaps all the way at 170 knots,

9) Did I remind you to be smooth as often as I should have? : )

10) Practice makes perfect!

MiG Afterburner effects and fuselage vapor effect, courtesy of Deuces (The fuselage vapor effect was modified to "fit" this model).

Have Fun...

oh my, great job!!!

i have a nifty technique when you tangling with a tighter turning US fighter behind you,

put you nozzles all the way down and light up burners,,

flip 2-3 times, level your nozzles, engage wing levele,

p.s.

do this at altitude.........

anyways, are there real freestyles with dual AHM and IRM racks?

i know how to mod dua; ir racks, but how on AHM racks?

btw,

anyone made a pit for it?

Considering the aircraft NEVER went into production....that should answer the question about loadouts

As for a pit, if you don't have WoE, may I suggest one of the aftermarket Harrier's here at CA, or <shudder> one of the Russianized Scooter pits, with necessary cockpit ini adjustments?

Wrench

kevinstein

Considering the aircraft NEVER went into production....that should answer the question about loadouts

so i am free to make quad ir racks?

okay...

how do i make dual ahm racks?

anyone made a pit for it?

Hi Shin kazama,

I'm afraid there is not enough pictures/information out there to make the pit (at least, I was not capable of finding it...)

im using the Marcfighter´s Su-27 Cockpit....but i dont know.... miss something..im using the Marcfighter´s Su-27 Cockpit....but i dont know.... miss something..