Sign in to follow this  

Just about done with this 'set up'. Borrowed the NIKE stuff from OTC, and the 'parking lot/concrete pad' from the truck depot.

And the little buggers actually fired, for the first time that I've seen (well,outside OTC). Interesting to note, only one set of 4 missiles fired. Possibliby a facing issue??

nike-1.jpg

nike-2.jpg

nike-3.jpg

(this one's from another angle, to show the various stuff I tossed out there to make it look better. not historically accurate for a NIKE battery, but it looks fairly good)

What is really needed is a smaller 'concrete pad' that takes less space, and can still be dropped into a target area, and have the launchers, radars, some support buildings and AAA surrounding it. Something about the size of that central area, where the generator building is.

Wrench

Kevin Stein

excellent work

are you planing to include it in a terrain ?

I think MontyCZ has a plate that can use a colored .tga. I think I downloaded it from a TW thread. PM him about it, called "Plate500.rar" Might be what you want

excellent work

are you planing to include it in a terrain ?

Wrench, have them launch vertically, and set the yaw for the individual missiles to different azimuth settings to prevent the site from vollying them.

How does one add these to the terrain? I didn't spot anything in the Knowledge Base. I'd like to try putting my old IHAWK Bn on the Germany map, although I've catch the drift that there is a problem in getting NATO ADA assets to function?

How does one add these to the terrain? I didn't spot anything in the Knowledge Base. I'd like to try putting my old IHAWK Bn on the Germany map, although I've catch the drift that there is a problem in getting NATO ADA assets to function?

I'll pen up a knowledge base article on how to set up and locate NATO SAM defenses on the WOE Germany CE and SF Desert terrains when I manage to get a bit free time.

I have a lot on my plate at present, and I'm just catching up.

Wrench, just for the helluvit, try setting the ground object roles of the Nike and its radars as "Nike_Battery", and see if they still appear (and work).

Update: Just tried it, and it works fine, Kevin!

[MissionData]

NationName=USAF

ServiceStartYear=1959

ServiceEndYear=1984

GroundObjectRole=NIKE_Battery

Availability=COMMON

Exported=TRUE

ExportStartYear=1962

ExportEndYear=1984

ExportAvailability=COMMON

re: setting as Nike Battery

I'm assuming ths means changing the role in the terrain types ini as well???

ie: (striaght from the GermanyCE_types ini)

[TargetType099]

Name=NIKE_L

FullName=Nike SAM Launcher

TargetType=SAM_LAUNCHER

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=100

UseGroundObject=TRUE

GroundObjectType=NIKE_L

RepairRate=3.22

StartDetectChance=80

StartIdentifiedChance=20

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=10

MaxVisibleDist=8000.0

DestroyedEffect=SmallRocketGroundExplosion

SecondaryEffect=VehicleFireEffect

SecondaryChance=100

[TargetType100]

Name=NIKE_HIPAR

FullName=High Powered Acquistion RADAR

TargetType=SAM_RADAR

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=200

UseGroundObject=TRUE

GroundObjectType=NIKE_HIPAR

RepairRate=3.22

StartDetectChance=80

StartIdentifiedChance=20

MaxVisibleDist=8000.0

DestroyedEffect=LargeBombEffect

DestroyedModel=crane_destroyed.LOD

SecondaryEffect=LargeTallStructureCollapse

SecondaryChance=100

[TargetType101]

Name=NIKE_LOPAR

FullName=NIKE Early Warning Radar

TargetType=EW_RADAR

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=250

UseGroundObject=TRUE

GroundObjectType=NIKE_LOPAR

RepairRate=3.22

StartDetectChance=80

StartIdentifiedChance=20

MaxVisibleDist=8000.0

DestroyedEffect=MediumBombEffect

SecondaryEffect=MediumStructureEffect

SecondaryChance=100

so....TargetType= now becomes NIKE_Battery??

I'll give that a try, they're networked anyway.....

The other thing I did, was in the weapons editor, change the missile itself to USAF. I think that got them working. Eithr that or add USARMY to the nations ini (ala OTC - which is historically accurate besides!)

Nicholas Bell:

addin the 'target area' in not that big a deal, really, you just need to find the coordinates. Using the HudData.ini set to de-bug, you can fly over the 'suspected' area, and note them down. You can alos use one of the mission builders (KMD, WoVQmd) to get the coordinates.

The only real thing you have to watch out for, is 'unlevel ground'. That's why I've placed them in new target areas next to airfields, cause the ground's flat.

Where was you battery? I might be able to find the coords for you

Wrench

kevin stein

re: setting as Nike Battery

I'm assuming ths means changing the role in the terrain types ini as well???

No, only in their data.inis so the game engine does not locate them radomly, say, in place of a HAWK battery (or, in the near future, a Patriot battery :biggrin: ).

You're right....I tested it before I had to take off a while ago. You don't have to touch the _types ini at all. Possibly because the targets ini is pointing to a specific ground object

Gonna probably add this around a few of the Dutch airfields, as I know they had them, and perhaps mod a couple of HAWK batteries to use them as well. Unfortunately, they'll be a LOT of wasted space, given the size of "poured concrete slab" (and yes, I'm pretty sure most HAWK sites were probably just dumped on some poor farmers field!!! "You have ruined my turnips!!! They all taste of rocket fuel!!"

To answer an eariler question, yes, I plan to release this (if permissions from the OTC team and/or builders of the NIKEs are granted). But this GermanyCE_targets ini is FAR from stock....I've added all kinds of little things like parked (docked) ships at Bremerhaven, Wheilmshaven, Emden, Rostock, and a bunch of other places. Still need to find Rotterdam; want to use some of Polak's new beta ground objects

Some screenies:

Bremerhaven Port:

bremerhaven_port.jpg

Rostok:

rostok-1.jpg

rostok-2.jpg

Emden, I think. Objects are not correctly placed, but it's all a WIP

dock-1.jpg

Crane and 'worf' are part of his beta pak of new objects -- some nice bulidings and bridges there!

That's another thing missing....I overflew Arnhem and Eindhoven the other day, and ALL the bridges were missing. The whole Germany CE map needs a good going over....there are just so many things missing....

Where are the industrial targets in the Ruhr??? POL depots at the big ports? Oh, many targets to place, and so confusing as to where to start!!! :dntknw:

Wrench

kevin stein

It'd be nice if we also had 3D finger-piers to place over those fugly painted-on-the terrain tile versions.

Oh, and "Worf" is a character from STTNG... You obviously meant "wharf" :biggrin: