Sign in to follow this  
F-4PhantomII

What has to be done to get an F14 into WOV?

So I was wondering, what all do I have to DL to get a Tomcat in the pen? Is it as simple as DL'ing one of the f-14's in the Downloads section or what? Do I first need to DL somthing else first to get the weapons right? Is it to much a PITA and I should stick with Phantoms and Crusaders and Thuds?

So I was wondering, what all do I have to DL to get a Tomcat in the pen? Is it as simple as DL'ing one of the f-14's in the Downloads section or what? Do I first need to DL somthing else first to get the weapons right? Is it to much a PITA and I should stick with Phantoms and Crusaders and Thuds?

its plenty easy, but of course the time period is off a bit. There is a Tomcats in Vietnam campaign or mission set on the download section.

just download the F-14A and follow the directions in the readme exactly and then you can add the other variants.

its plenty easy, but of course the time period is off a bit. There is a Tomcats in Vietnam campaign or mission set on the download section.

just download the F-14A and follow the directions in the readme exactly and then you can add the other variants.

Yeah, but wouldn't it be fun to Fly a Big Cat to downtown Hanoi.....

Yeah, but wouldn't it be fun to Fly a Big Cat to downtown Hanoi.....

Just get low and fast! getting low you get out of the way AAA & SAM's fast so you don't get jumped by the NV airforce!

Just get low and fast! getting low you get out of the way AAA & SAM's fast so you don't get jumped by the NV airforce!

Ok, now I don't get what to do with the "D" download... What file does that go into? The main Program Directory again or what? Also, how do I get the Pheonix Missiles on there?

Ok, now I don't get what to do with the "D" download... What file does that go into? The main Program Directory again or what? Also, how do I get the Pheonix Missiles on there?

The "D" file will go in the F14 file which should be in your

C:\Program Files\Wings Over Europe(or Vietman)\Objects\Aircraft

As far as the weapons go it has something to do with the weapons load out or editing. Sorry i could not help more with the weapons, but some kind gamer here should help with that!

Edited by Redddevil911

Hey F4 get WOE.....make your life easier.......

Hey F4 get WOE.....make your life easier.......

Yep no joke! Then you can fly F14 single missions on the Vietnam map all day long

Yep no joke! Then you can fly F14 single missions on the Vietnam map all day long

Like you can't do that with WOV....

There is an F-14 WOV campaign located in the d/l section. You could try that, also.

There is an F-14 WOV campaign located in the d/l section. You could try that, also.

Definatly. The F-14 is top shelf work so Kudos to the Designer. The A does fell like it's a little under powered though (as it was in real life for the A models, so it is perfection) so things should liven up with the D I think not to mention it looks to be a "Bombcat". Doing single CAP Missions with three or 4 Cats in WOV really has those NVAF Migs running like raped apes though LOL. I need to figure out how to get some drop tanks on that bad boy too. I think the 14 used a centerline tank.

Edited by F-4PhantomII

Love the F-14! One of my favourite adversaries when I am in the Sukhoi SU-27! But seriously This plane was amazing and I am quite ticked because they retired it, because they thought it was too old! If it aint broke dont fix it! I mean look at the AK-47!

The Tomcat should already have tanks with it included in the download, or latest weapons pack. One is located under each engine nacelle.

img00059.jpg

Love the F-14! One of my favourite adversaries when I am in the Sukhoi SU-27! But seriously This plane was amazing and I am quite ticked because they retired it, because they thought it was too old! If it aint broke dont fix it! I mean look at the AK-47!

Problem is....the Cat was broke. There isn't enough mechanics in the world that can keep these birds in the air. They wore out the airframes. Comparing the Tomcat to an AK-47 is apples and oranges, my friend. The AK-47 is a reliable piece of machinery...the Tomcat on the other hand...not so much. In fact...I remember hearing something about having to scrub one of the cats that was going to take part in the retirement ceremony because they couldn't get it started

Problem is....the Cat was broke. There isn't enough mechanics in the world that can keep these birds in the air. They wore out the airframes. Comparing the Tomcat to an AK-47 is apples and oranges, my friend. The AK-47 is a reliable piece of machinery...the Tomcat on the other hand...not so much. In fact...I remember hearing something about having to scrub one of the cats that was going to take part in the retirement ceremony because they couldn't get it started

The Big Cat was a beast in her time no doubt. But old as hell and flown like they was stolen. ONly problem is that now... there really is not another plane that can fill its shoes.

The Tomcat should already have tanks with it included in the download, or latest weapons pack. One is located under each engine nacelle.

img00059.jpg

Yeah, it must be in the weapons pack cause it did not come with the plane. I will try dl'ing the weapons pack again today and hope it don't crash my system again.

If you get the F-14a model from the aircraft d/l section you'll only be able to use it on single missions and custom-made missions. That won't give you the whole experience of bringing it back to the boat and catching a wire mission after mission.

If you really want the whole experience I suggest that you install the Vietnam 1984 add-on on a clean install of WoV.

For it to work you'll also need the latest weapons pack 3 Jul '06 .

With this mod you'll be able to fly both the tomcat and the hornet off carriers, in campaign mode, as well as fly campaigns as a North Vietnamese pilot flying mig-17, 19 & 21s, or the Mig-21, 23 & 29 flying for the Soviet AF.

You'll love landing the F-14 on the carrier. It handles well and you have good visibility on final. The bug now, that's a whole different thing. Landing the 'sader is easy next to it.

*bold text is link*

If you get the F-14a model from the aircraft d/l section you'll only be able to use it on single missions and custom-made missions. That won't give you the whole experience of bringing it back to the boat and catching a wire mission after mission.

If you really want the whole experience I suggest that you install the Vietnam 1984 add-on on a clean install of WoV.

With this mod you'll be able to fly both the tomcat and the hornet off carriers, in campaign mode, as well as fly campaigns as a North Vietnamese pilot flying mig-17, 19 & 21s, or the Mig-21, 23 & 29 flying for the Soviet AF.

You'll love landing the F-14 on the carrier. It handles well and you have good visibility on final. The bug now, that's a whole different thing. Landing the 'sader is easy next to it.

*bold text is link*

Yeah the 14 does have great handaling at speeds under even 150 knots. I guess those big ass wings are for somthing...

*bold text is link*

also look at the libya one

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=3516

if I grabbed the correct one, there is an F-14 carrier campaign in it.

I just unzipped the f-14D file into my F-14 file and the f-14 d does not come up as an option in game. Is my A model already modified?

you unzip the F-14D file into your objects/aircraft directory. It is a complete aircraft.

do you have it like

objects/aircraft/f-14A/F-14D?

is so just move the F-14D up one level.

Edited by Typhoid

you unzip the F-14D file into your objects/aircraft directory. It is a complete aircraft.

do you have it like

objects/aircraft/f-14A/F-14D?

is so just move the F-14D up one level.

ohhhhh, someone else said to put it in my 14A file... As you all can see... I do not do this alot... but thatnk you all for the help.... My pro game is HVAC so if your furnace ever goes out give me a pm ;-)