Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

right up the road,what a mess,murder on campus

My god this is such a tragedy. :sad:

I couldn't beleave my ears when I heard about what happened.

My heart and soal to all the families who suffered such a big loss.

Just to think it was just another nut case. ( I hope I'm saying the right thing. The guy was a psychic.)

Don't we have enough troubles in the world?

My eyes are bleeding and my heart is weeping !!!

Well....I guess we can blame COUNTERSTRIKE for this.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/washington-po...rike-253117.php

Well... it was only a matter of time before the media could pigeon-hole him as a "virtual-killer". Funny thing is the media never mentions that statistically speaking... the the sweet middle-age librarian on campus also has logged some hours in an on-line shooter...

I remember the days when the social elite also thought running around and playing "Army" (or... cowboy'n Injuns.... or Cops'n Robbers for that matter)... lead to violent tendancies....

Edited by Zurawski

yes a 9mm and a .22 cal

where are you from?local?I know Showtime 100 is from around here.

Springfield, Va

This has had a profound impact on the community around here. I went to the local Sports Authority to pick up a VT shirt, but all they had left were shirts in XX-L and some hats. That entire mall was cleaned out of VT apparel. :(

BTW, Counterstrike could be blamed for this, but this guy was so mentally disturbed that no one but the shooter could be blamed

Edited by arf16

BTW, Counterstrike could be blamed for this, but this guy was so mentally disturbed that no one but the shooter could be blamed

Anyone who blames anything like this on a video game needs to have their heads examined. That is the poorest excuse I have ever heard. People knew he was unstable, but no one intervened enough to prevent this.

First of all my condolences go out to the friends and family of the victims. The news coverage in the UK about this outrage typicaly involves a suggestion that America needs to change the gun laws and then they put this question via sat link to some "cold, dead hand" type who explodes into a tyrade of reasons why the UK is not a comparable model for US gun laws, non of this really concerns me half as much as what can be done as the situation stands. I am a security officer and a student at university in one of the worst areas of the UK for gun crime, a lot of my friends have guns and i have had to point a gun myself but luckily did not have to fire, but basically i can not take guns with me to work, or knives or even an asp baton, even a kubaton keyring is considered an ilegal weapon and would result in a higher sentence for me as i am supposed to know better. I was repeatedly struck in the face and chest with a hammer, stabbed with a screwdriver and kicked in a robbery but i fought back, another time i was off duty and stepped in to stop a guy from being robbed and had a knife pressed against my throat for my troubles that time i had to look the guy in the eyes and prepare for death but i still took a swing at his head and luckily for me his own friends turned on him and pulled him off leaving me with a superficial wound. The point I am making here is when you believe strongly in your right to live and your duty to protect others right to life, you will fight against an armed person, enough people will always overcome an armed man. I know young, college age Americans are brave because they fought allongside my grandparents in Europe and Asia, take Flight 93 as an example, here was a group of American civilians, men and women of all ages fighting off and winning armed terrorists trained under brutal conditions that most Special Forces would not condone on their training courses... im sorry if this is rambling a bit here but what im trying to say is why the hell do young people and staff let these crazies do this?? IMO the staff had an even greater duty to rush this guy and bear hug him, throw chairs at him, make a molotov cocktail in the science lab, use cutlery from the refectory anything... i am convinced that if more people in that college had acted like Liviu Librescu (link) , the 76 year old Holocaust survivor who through himself onto the shooter, then it would send a signal out to these crazies that they can't instill fear in a brave people. It is notable that Al Qaeda have not tried to take over a plane since flight 93, rather they now try to blow them up because they probably underestimated the readyness of ordinary people to fight back. We don't need guns to fight back, the most basic and potent weapon of all is the human spirit, Peace.

from the stories I've read the first victims never had a chance to fight back,and most never knew what was happening until it was to late.Some did try to rush him and were gunned down.and few even used their selves as shields while their students got out,so yes they did try to dis arm him.

While winding down last night I checked Google News one last time......Here's the problem: Since when does killing 32 people become ENTERTAINMENT?

post-22-1176981624_thumb.jpg

yeah,I saw the press conference.and they've been showing that alot.

And then you have rosie o running her fat arsed mouth.I wish I knew how to get in touch with her nappy headed ho self.She was questioning the President coming to Tech. and then comparing it to other problems.

I still fail to see why certain people feel qualified to air their unqualified opinions in the media.

This is just scary. I live about an hour away from VA Tech, and a couple days ago in Gaithersburg (MD) this father threatened to do something at an elementary school like at Virginia Tech. That is just scary. And the worst part is, that it's all because his kid couldn't stay inside for recess because he/she was sick.

That makes me sick. And my prayers go to the families of the victims.