Sign in to follow this  
gambit168

BOrt and ban on skins for his stuff, has it been lifted?

Hi guys , Bort has no blog page now so i have no idea if he lifted the ban on using any part of this creations, and i see no email eddy so i cant pm him either, does any1 have anyidea,

is any1 in touch with him on a regular basis, i would like 2 clear this point up, and get a reafirmed yay or nay, as i have a couple of d11 skins ready 2 upload if it can be so

Hi guys , Bort has no blog page now so i have no idea if he lifted the ban on using any part of this creations, and i see no email eddy so i cant pm him either, does any1 have anyidea,

is any1 in touch with him on a regular basis, i would like 2 clear this point up, and get a reafirmed yay or nay, as i have a couple of d11 skins ready 2 upload if it can be so

I would say no, only because the last thing he posted before the blog went down was no to any kind of mods. Since that was his last wishes, I would stay away from doing mods on his work including paint. Some around here have his email addy and they may have a way for you to contact him directly and get permission. Bort drops in everynow and then so he may drop you a comment or PM as well.

Im sure a CA moderator will post a comment today for you as well on their stance.

until we hear otherwise,Combatace will honor his last statement and no skins or any part of his work can be uploaded here without his permission.That is the standing rules here,so if he says ok then feel free,if not then no work will be authorized and will be deleted.

until we hear otherwise,Combatace will honor his last statement and no skins or any part of his work can be uploaded here without his permission.That is the standing rules here,so if he says ok then feel free,if not then no work will be authorized and will be deleted.

I'm not trying to start anything and i'll honor his wishes but if you don't use any of his original work would you need permision to make a skin?I see companies make after market unlicensed parts and addons for automobiles al the time and no one gets sued.I'm just curious how that would work here? :dntknw:

if it's used on someone elses model..then yes,but for his no.sorry.but the rule works for everyone.if you want to use it for persona; use then by all means,but we can't allow it here.

i have given BWF complete and free permission to up-load all my aircraft to the CA downloads section (and he has kindly agreed to do so)

so keep an eye out for them ..it's ok ...he has my permission..

any and all modifications FM's skins etc are now perfectly ok and you have my permission to up-load them here (and anywhere else you may have the yen to do so)

AFAIK this is the best thing to do....please don't prove me wrong :clapping:

Bortdafarm is back! :clapping::biggrin: And without camo lozenges :crazy:

i have given BWF complete and free permission to up-load all my aircraft to the CA downloads section (and he has kindly agreed to do so)

any and all modifications FM's skins etc are now perfectly ok and you have my permission to up-load them here (and anywhere else you may have the yen to do so)

Ok thats all it takes.and welcome back.

Thank you, Bort. This is a good thing for everyone. :good:

Excellent. No need to worry about the ISP . Thanks again.

sinbad

Dude this is outstanding. Glad to see you back in the fold. As you can see we even have modders forums. So if you want one for you drop me a line and it shall be done.

Oh and Borts buying the beer......... :D

glad to see you back bort, hope we can all move on now!it got to the point i was going to throw FE out of my pc!best news iv had all day.

Guest IndioBlack
glad to see you back bort, hope we can all move on now!it got to the point i was going to throw FE out of my pc!best news iv had all day.

Excellent news. It feels like the community is beginning to heal.

I'm so glad to see you back Bort,and thank you for allowing us to enjoy your hard work again.On a side note you have a PM.

I too am glad to see you back, as I have always enjoyed your perspective and input on making the game more interesting and fun. You have a fresh way of approaching things laterally that may irk some people, but they certainly are viable ideas, as you have proven with your creations.

I hope you will begin to participate more in the FE forum as you once did, and look forward to the "Bortdafarm" modder forum should you decide to start one.