And I also need to know what planes can be considered modern or cold war.

The B-52 (what version is used by the USAF today?),the A-10 Early,the F-5F and F-5E (I say this plane because FAB still use it),P-3,OV-10,Victor,Valiant.

Personally I would say that it doesn't matter when they were introduced or if they are still in use somewhere. It's the capabilities that count. Thus designs like the Victor, Valiant, OV-10, but also the F-5 belong definitely into the Cold war category.

But a design like the B-52 is rather difficult to classify. The last version of the B-52, the H model, is a modern warplane, although it has been built in the 60s. But due to constant upgrades it is capable to carry the latest weapon designs. Same goes for the A-10 and P-3.

But in the end, it's your game and your call. :wink:

Edited by Gocad

Ever had that "something loose in cockpit/something tightened in cockpit" exchange? :grin:

lost engine in flight.

found engine on wing after 30sec search.....

:rofl:

"Autoland rough."

"Autoland not installed on this aircraft."

"Dead flies on windshield"

"Live flies on backorder"

Wrench

kevin stein

I must install the game in 4 folders,one for WWII,one for Cold War,one for Modern and one for the original game.

Here's how I structure my installs, though I don't have any WWII and Korea installed currently:

1. Gun Age (WWII and Korea)
  2. Missile Age (Tainted Cigar and beyond)

1. Europe
    2. Vietnam
    3. Israel
    4. Modern

The 'Missile Age' base directory is WoE. I install the following mods to it

• Enhanced Explosions (latest addition)
  • Deuces Effects
  • Weapons Pack
  • Modified viewlist.ini (shoulder view, quicker tranisition, etc)
  • Modified HUDData.ini (no Radar in upper right corner)
  • Modified fligtengine.ini

The modified inis are based on advice and hints from the knowledge base. In fact, reading basically all of the articles in the knowledge base will is simply a must when you want to get some ideas on what to do and what not to do. For the different installs I add terrain and enhancements accordingly. Like Nato Fighters for Europe, Deuces Enhanced Terrain for Vietnam and so forth. When I want to base a new installation to cover, for example, Falklands, I start from the missile age base install. As my memory is not the best I do use a version control system (bazaar) to keep track of any modifications of ini files. I like to alter the default weapons loadout on the aircrafts, or normalize the cruise speed between different platforms. IMO both benefits campaign games (which I play mostly) considerably.

And I also need to know what planes can be considered modern or cold war.

The B-52 (what version is used by the USAF today?),the A-10 Early,the F-5F and F-5E (I say this plane because FAB still use it),P-3,OV-10,Victor,Valiant.

Take a look at the aircrafts data inis and see the ServiceStartYear and ServiceEndYear for an indication where to put them. Also keep in mind that campaign games will change considerably if you add planes with Availability of COMMON or VERY_COMMON.

Enjoy!

Ok,guys.

I just installed WoV,patched and added the WP.

Then I copied the folder.I think I will do this.

One folder for Korea,one for the WWII theaters:PTO,ETO,MTO,one for Vietnam war,one for Cold War (wich I going to add all Vietnam War planes and more) and one for modern.

BTW,does it have any problem if I place old jets togeter with the new ones?

I mean,place a Meteor in the same mod of a F-4 (both Cold War mod)?

And BTW,I read that thing of the nation planes (the dutch F-104).

I think I´m going to do the same with the F-5E for the FAB (althought the FAB one is the F-5EM).

EDIT:I better not add Korea and Vietnam,it will get heavy.Maybe later.

And what terrain I can use for Europe WWII and Modern?

I think for Cold War I´m going to use Vietnam terrain.Oh,and does that bombing target work with all planes?

I mean,does work with Cold War and Modern?

Edited by Sgt.KAR98

Guest Saganuay82

I just built a SFP1 IDF install tonight. Three terrains. Lits of copying and pasting there. Ya know, one good thing to do is make a list of changes you are making to the game and keep it in the main game folder. That way you know what you changed, when you did it and where it is hiding.

Yay!

Now my game is running nice!

I installed tanks,germany terrain,a new menu screen and obviously the planes.

Everything is working well,there are just minor problems that I´m having.

Like,I copied my F-111s from the older WoV (because installing them was very,veeeeeery hard!The files were in different folders) but they are missing the AB and engine sounds.It says the files are called USNwind,USNstall,USN2.

The other is the germany terrain,that in some angles you see a blue thing.Later I post a screenshot and the most weird but the less bad was that in a close air support mission I had to destroy tents!

Oh,last thing,the Red Range terrain is not working.

Yay!

Like,I copied my F-111s from the older WoV (because installing them was very,veeeeeery hard!The files were in different folders) but they are missing the AB and engine sounds.It says the files are called USNwind,USNstall,USN2.

Check for them in the Sounds folder of your WoV install. If they are there you can copy them over to the new install.

Those sounds come from the Tomcat.

As for the blue bits, that's a know fault in the Deutchland terrain. Gepard posted a sort of fix for it, can't remember where it at the moment. You might have to search for 'Deutchland terrain' here in the threads.

Installing the 'Varks is no harder than installing any other aircraft.

As to your CAS mission, you were tasked with destroying 'camonets', right??? Remove them from the groundobject folder, or rename the folder "xcamonet'. It was a known problem. They should be terrain objects only, not in the 'vehicles' class.

As for the Red Range, have you checked your cat pointers???? Remember, it needs the desert cat for the desert terrain tiles. That info should be in the associated readme. At worst, you'll need Deuces desert tiles as a replacement. Mine works perfectly in EVERY install I have (at last count, 17 of them)

Wrench

kevin stein