Does anyone else think it would be cool when u eject to see urself launch out of the a/c and float down in a chute instead of just seeing the canopy fly off and the a/c fall away and the screen freeze and leave the mission? Maybe this has already been covered in another thread but i figured i would throw my 2 cents in on an aggravating subject involving the thirdwire series.

Yes it would be for about the first couple times you do it. We have requested it over the years to TK but he wasn't interested.

Yes it would be for about the first couple times you do it. We have requested it over the years to TK but he wasn't interested.

I just like the whole realism thing, thats all.

is it possible to mod such a thing into the game

No it is not. We tried already.

Perhaps an ejection seat model could be attached to the canopy, so that as the canopy goes falling off, the seat shoots up?

It's also helpful in a way, more than a few times I thought I had ejected just in time to save myself, but wind up dead on the mission debrief.

Well, there may be a randomization thing in there ie ejections fail to save you a certain amount of the time even if you do it in time due to seat failure or something.

More likely the eject view is exactly the same as the killed view. Maybe at least a sound could be played, maybe a voice "Eject, Eject, Eject!" or a sound for actually punching out to distinguish between the two?

One of the few things that irk me about the series, tiny details that should be a no brainer but just can't be done

I just like the little stuff like that that adds to the realism since this is as close to flying a jet as i will ever get since 1. I am not smart enough to fly real jets, lol 2. I love the whole sense of aviation, 3. I am too old to fly for the military now since i would miss flight school age cut off by a year and its not waiverable for the USMC, Semper F#@ked again, lol

Perhaps in the SOUNDS section of the data ini, for 'DamagedEngineSoundName=' you could have a wav assigned 'eject,eject,eject'....

Just an idea..

Wrench

kevin stein

Perhaps in the SOUNDS section of the data ini, for 'DamagedEngineSoundName=' you could have a wav assigned 'eject,eject,eject'....

Too bad the "damagedenginesoundname" parameter shares one thing in common with the "bombrelease" sound....neither of them have worked since day one.