Sign in to follow this  
Bongodriver

My sidewinders are expensive fireworks

Hi,

I'm testing my Hawk model in some combat and I can't seem to get my sidewinders to lock, what ini entries affect this? is it a function of the avionicsxx.dll?

I know sidewinders arent100% effective but man I am bugged by having to finish everything of with guns?

Craig

Guest Saganuay82

What version winder?

Are you getting tone prior to firing?

The version makes all the difference. B's are about as crap useless as falcons, but anything afterwards is decent as long as you're within launch parameters. The M's were the first all aspect missiles. The X on the other hand, just kills anything, flankers become the expensive fireworks.

Thanks guys, both replies got me on the right track, yes the versions do make a difference, and I was being impatient waiting for the tone, some versions seem to take longer to get tone, one other question (I know nothing about misiles) :) even how to spell missile :), the cap-9 gives tone but I cant fire it?

Guest Saganuay82

CAP 9 is a missile used for ACM training. Doesn't fire. :)

Oh!

Well theres proof I know jack s#*t about missiles, but anyway, as eraser said I managed to turn some flankers into expensive fireworks with 9M's, haven't got x's showing in the loadout options, I guess I need to put something in the weapon station entry for it?

No, you just need to fly a year after they've entered service(I'm not sure when the start, try setting the date to 2007 and they should show up)

If you are using the B model you might as well be using a firework. But as eraser said "anything after that is decent. But the X can be fooled I just do high G turns and blow the hell out of the aircraft before it launches another one.

If you are using the B model you might as well be using a firework. But as eraser said "anything after that is decent. But the X can be fooled I just do high G turns and blow the hell out of the aircraft before it launches another one.

the B will work about 1/3 of the time IF you are in trail of a non-manuevering target at about 1 to 1.5nm. Which is pretty accurate to how they reportedly performed.

Good luck getting those parameters!!!!

The version makes all the difference. B's are about as crap useless as falcons, but anything afterwards is decent as long as you're within launch parameters. The M's were the first all aspect missiles. The X on the other hand, just kills anything, flankers become the expensive fireworks.

Are you sure about the AIM9M's? I thought the L was the first all aspect missile.

Falcon

Are you sure about the AIM9M's? I thought the L was the first all aspect missile.

Falcon

you are correct.

Expensive fireworks....hmmm....

Been thinking about this one all day....

anyone give any thought to, just for S&G of course, to creating a let's call it the "AIM-9WP"????

for it's explosion effect, use the willie pete effect.

Just a passing funny thought....what with the 4th of July tommorrow, and all that :rofl:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Expensive fireworks....hmmm....

Been thinking about this one all day....

anyone give any thought to, just for S&G of course, to creating a let's call it the "AIM-9WP"????

for it's explosion effect, use the willie pete effect.

Just a passing funny thought....what with the 4th of July tommorrow, and all that :rofl:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Or how about if it shoots out green, red, and blue tracers