Sign in to follow this  
Sundowner

Waddington airshow 2007

Friday arrivals, not too bad, Saturday...wet! very wet!!..Sunday...cancelled...just a few random pics...tell me if you want more.

Typhoon-Turn-n-Burn20070701.jpg

RNoRF-F-16-Landing20070701.jpg

Typhoon-Display-TO20070701.jpg

Typhoon-Vapor-flythru20070701.jpg

IL-78-static220070701.jpg

Flanker-TO320070701.jpg

very nice.. thanks!! :)

Love that Tiffie in the murk. Great shots. You should post them up at iBAviation - they'd love 'em.

Pity the show was cancelled.

SD, that pic of the Su-30MKI taking off would be a perfect as loading screen for Marcelo's upcoming SU-30MKI.

Here's a few more, Ghostrider if you want any "originals" or details let me know, also if you want to use them for loading screens etc.....feel free.

Flanker-TO220070701.jpg

Flanker-TO120070701.jpg

Flanker-rolling20070701.jpg

Flanker-headon.jpg

Flanker-burners.jpg

plus some more "normal" [lol] stuff..............

Typhoon-Vapor-turn20070701.jpg

F-16-landing20070701.jpg

A-10-Landing20070701.jpg

Nice shots, thanks for sharing! :smile:

Edited by Jrz

Guest Saganuay82

What is the camera and lens you were using?

What is the camera and lens you were using?

I use a Canon EOS 20D coupled to a Sigma 50-500mm lens for the flying shots & the statics are a mixture of the same combo or the wifes Canon S70.

Here's a few more, Ghostrider if you want any "originals" or details let me know, also if you want to use them for loading screens etc.....feel free.

Thanks SD. Great pics :good: .

Were SB042 and 044 the only Indian Flankers on display or were there other Flankers as well?

Exercise Indradhanush kicked off.

SB041-UK.jpg

The second bilateral Indo-UK air exercise - 'Indradhanush-2007', involving the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the Royal Air Force (RAF), got underway here at the Royal Air Force (RAF) base, Waddington, on Monday.

The inaugural day, primarily for familiarization of the participating IAF Su-30 MKI aircrew with the flying environment in UK, saw them flying alongside RAF F3 Tornadoes of the XXV Squadron that are based at RAF Leeming, but are operating from Waddington alongside IAF Su-30 MKIs for the duration of the exercise. Also airborne were a Eurofighter Typhoon and a Hawk aircraft.

"It will be a mutual learning experience for both", said Wing Commander AK Bharti, talking of the learning values in terms of inter-operability between the two air forces after returning from a sortie, of a four-aircraft formation comprising a Su-30 MKI, F3 Tornado, Typhoon and a Hawk.

The 'airborne warning and control' (AWAC) system experience, a veritable electronic 'eye-in-the-sky' platform was also observed by few IAF personnel onboard an E3-D Sentry AWAC aircraft belonging to RAF's No. 8 Fighter Squadron, based here in Waddington. The E3-D Sentry and the F3 Tornadoes also participated in the first series of Exercise Indradhanush-2006, held at Gwalior in India, last year.

The exercise between two simulated air elements, the "Red Air" (aggressors) and the "Blue Air" (defenders) forces will have the training element for the latter. Missions comprising multiple aircraft will form some of the intrinsic training missions, some of them highly advanced and complex missions. Mediating between the two will be the "White" force, who remain neutral and whose decisions will be the last word, to mitigate differences, if any. They comprise 'observers' from both sides, and include members from the IAF's 'Tactics and Combat Development Establishment' (TACDE) and the RAF's 'Air Warfare Centre' (AWC), the premiere institutions of the two air forces, constituting the 'best-amongst-the-best' aircrew and personnel on both sides.

Great snaps for sure! Cheers muchly for posting them. Does anyone know if that Vulcan is finally airworthy? I know that was the eventualy aim for the last(?) surviving member of its species but funding was kinda sparse. I know what I would have spent NBA contract on... if I had one!