Ok this project is back in the works. Thanks to a tremendous PM from JSF_Aggie I managed to get all the airbaes on the Libya map moved to their approximately close positions. They may not be perfect but are within a few miles of correct. I attempted to move them close to where they belong and not have to edit any of the land textures. His help worked and so all the Libyan airbases are now relocated close to where they should correctly be. Thanks to Wrench and USAFMTL for allowing me to edit the Libya terrain. Cities & targets have been updated as well. Some cities have changed names to the proper "Libyan name" but not all. I will be working on editing the movement files and possibly adding some extra targets to the terrain as well.

I have also been working on skins for the Libyan forces as well as some of the US forces that I can not find skins for.

This campaign is back on track and progressing now. A few pics are below, but you have seen some of these already in the downloads section.

hs11.jpg

hs15-1.jpg

scorps.jpg

Libya.jpg

LibyaC130.jpg

Looking good man, looking damn good.

"What I'm talkin' about!"

Very nice!!! Cant wait to see what you did!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Excellent stuff. Really looking foward to this one.

Like they say on those home improvement shows my wife watches "I can't wait to see what you've done with the place"

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Gosh, I've visited the two/third of the cities on the map! And sometimes seeing some SAM stuffs on the hills... Really eager to play this too.

I have been adding some more ground targets to make ground attacks worthwhile. More vehicles at airbases and such not. I am also finding several other items that need to be moved about and relocated in some cases. I have found boats on dry land and warehouses in the water. I have already reworked the movement routes and will probably be adding some more.

Several more terrorist training camps have been "built" for your bombing pleasures.

I am working on many various things for the updated Libya map. She should be looking a bit better by the time I am done with her.

Hmm...I thought I'd gotten all the buildings out of the water (or turned them into ships!)

don't worry about the boats on the land, that's just where the Aliens put them, to make us wonder! :rofl:

(btw, nice catches!)

Wrench

kevin stein

Ya i thought it a bit strange and scratched my head for a bit when I flew over Benghazi and found three patrol boats parked in the middle of downtown. I found two warehouses probably 200 yards offshore that one really had me head scratching.

Hmm...I thought I'd gotten all the buildings out of the water (or turned them into ships!)

don't worry about the boats on the land, that's just where the Aliens put them, to make us wonder! :rofl:

(btw, nice catches!)

Wrench

kevin stein

Did someone make an SS Cotopaxi mod? :grin:

Nice catch JM!! I wondered who was gonna get the CE3K reference. I'm also given to under stand the coords given in the move DON'T match those of Devil's Tower. So, given their lack of terrestrial navigational skills, it's understandble that the boats would wind up in downtown Tripoli!!!

FL: you know how to use the de-bug to find the off number right? On that map, I 'think' its the second coord (example: Offset=987,1234 that should move them whuorehouses closer inshore.

Heck, I'm just glad I got 99.9% of stuff moved! It always bothered me to have the mosque's in the middle of sea. To say nothing of everything else.

Wrench

kevin stein

Yes the movement part is going fine. I am able to move stuff by the x,y coordinates pretty easily.

After I move several objects I get to make that long flight along the coastline to make sure that everything did in fact move properly. I am sure that besides all that the objects in the water will increase in number. The Libyan Navy..... from what I can tell looking at the targets.ini is not close to what they had. Just means more anti-shiping missions to be flown hopefully.

Hopefully, you can do a better job than I did with the moviements ini for shipping routes...there's 4 or 5 in there, but the damn mission generator kept putting me over the middle of the desert, NO where's near where I'd plotted the route.

In the readme, I think said something like "ppphhhfffttt on it" :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

:clapping::good: But I don't have any more room on my hard drive!

The movement.ini's are updated so far for all land targets. I need to check out the d/b for sea targets and the proper names I need to employ.

Unfortunately the project is on theporary hold for me. I will be traveling to Boston and LA areas for the next three weeks. I will get hard to work on it again when I get back though.

Edited by {FL}Hausser

Sorry I have been on the road (flying) for the last three weeks. I spent a week in Boston followed by a week in LA. This week was all about getting my work at home (Denver) caught up. I will get back kicking on this on Sunday probably while I watch football. I promise I have not forgotten or dropped this.

I am still updating the Libya map as well so it takes a little bit. Sorry for the wait.

Sorry I have been on the road (flying) for the last three weeks. I spent a week in Boston followed by a week in LA. This week was all about getting my work at home (Denver) caught up. I will get back kicking on this on Sunday probably while I watch football. I promise I have not forgotten or dropped this.

I am still updating the Libya map as well so it takes a little bit. Sorry for the wait.

Woohoo!

Great news!

Especially today, as we are 1st of September, anniversary date of Moammer el Qaddafi's coup that lead him to power. :biggrin:

I have run into a small snag it appears. I have added on several new groun dtargets and for some reason they do not appear. I am not sure why or how they do not appear. the groundobject.ini has been updated properly, everything is as it should be in the folders, the objects show up in the quick mission creator, but when I actually fly the map nothing is there. Just empty water......

As soon as I get that figured out I will get the updated version of the Libya map up for download and finish tweaking on the campaign itself after that.

Ok this project is back in the works. Thanks to a tremendous PM from JSF_Aggie I managed to get all the airbaes on the Libya map moved to their approximately close positions. They may not be perfect but are within a few miles of correct. I attempted to move them close to where they belong and not have to edit any of the land textures. His help worked and so all the Libyan airbases are now relocated close to where they should correctly be. Thanks to Wrench and USAFMTL for allowing me to edit the Libya terrain. Cities & targets have been updated as well. Some cities have changed names to the proper "Libyan name" but not all. I will be working on editing the movement files and possibly adding some extra targets to the terrain as well.

I have also been working on skins for the Libyan forces as well as some of the US forces that I can not find skins for.

This campaign is back on track and progressing now. A few pics are below, but you have seen some of these already in the downloads section.

hs11.jpg

hs15-1.jpg

scorps.jpg

Libya.jpg

LibyaC130.jpg

I too appreciate you hard work, can you make the finished product easy to run in WoE? if at all possible? I'm really not adept at finding and reconfiguring .ini files and im really itching for some more missions/campaings that i don't have to "gather" skins, planes, etc, etc,... in any case, thanks for your work! :good::clapping::ok:

Good news and bad news on this front....

Good news...

* I am still working on it and the Libyan Navy is defianetly upsizing from the original map release :biggrin: (now besides just patrol boats they have their Frigates, Corvettes, Subs, and Fast Attack Craft)

* I am doing some moderate city revamping as well as far as targets such as adding docks, etc in the cities of Libya that had naval bases.

* I am looking deeper into SAM locations and possible SAM sites in Libya to possibly move the SAm sites around into new locations.

* I am also adding a few more targets into the airbases (tanks, trucks etc.)

Bad news....

* Gonna be a bit longer until release of both the map and the campaign.

Good news and bad news on this front....

Good news...

* I am still working on it and the Libyan Navy is defianetly upsizing from the original map release :biggrin: (now besides just patrol boats they have their Frigates, Corvettes, Subs, and Fast Attack Craft)

* I am doing some moderate city revamping as well as far as targets such as adding docks, etc in the cities of Libya that had naval bases.

* I am looking deeper into SAM locations and possible SAM sites in Libya to possibly move the SAm sites around into new locations.

* I am also adding a few more targets into the airbases (tanks, trucks etc.)

Bad news....

* Gonna be a bit longer until release of both the map and the campaign.

Do as long as it must be! And thanks for your commitment!