Currently what is the best MiG-17 model, cockpit, and flight model available? I read on this forum that there was an excellent flight model done based on real USAF data but I can't seem to find it. Of course having a nice model and cockpit to use it on would be a plus as well.

Dave's right, in addition, to that FM he linked to, if you want to use it in SF or WOE, you will have to change the nation name so that it matches a nation available. Also, if you head on over to Major Lee's site at www.majorleesaerodrome.net there are a few different versions of the MiG-17. Lastly, if you browse the Cold War Aircraft download section here at CA, you will find a few other variants of the MiG-17.

Enjoy mate.

Dave's right, in addition, to that FM he linked to, if you want to use it in SF or WOE, you will have to change the nation name so that it matches a nation available. Also, if you head on over to Major Lee's site at www.majorleesaerodrome.net there are a few different versions of the MiG-17. Lastly, if you browse the Cold War Aircraft download section here at CA, you will find a few other variants of the MiG-17.

Enjoy mate.

also the F-6 that you can get with the Taiwan scenario

We have Mig-17PF and Mig-17PFU. Pfu is palced in the download section.

PF is placed in the avsim library.

Look HERE! for more info.

I foud another three topics about Mig-17PFU mod, here at CA:

Mig 17 PFU, can?t get the radar nose to show up.

MiG-17PFU Missile Interceptor

Mig 17PFU

It is not easy, create PF or PFU mod from stock Mig-17F version.

Mig-17PF is my favourite Mig-17 variant. But PFU is sweet too :ok:

Edited by kukulino

Now, if we can just get the 17PF(SP16) to stop dropping the rocket pods......

Wasn't Lexx working on an ini tweek for that???

I wonder if the line:

NoJettisionTank=TRUE

could be modified to something like:

NoJettisonRocketPod=TRUE

and if it would work????

Then, of course, we'd need A-A unguided rockets....hmm...treat is like a gun pod???

Ok, need more input!

Wrench

kevin stein

The sim treats rocket pods as air-ground weapons for AI aircraft.

Here is the Thudwire thread where we got them working air-air for the AI ~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4371

On page 2 is the best and final fix that was developed so far.

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Thanks Lexx! I searched over there, but couldn't find. (shows that even I make mistakes!! :wink: )

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks for the help, I'll also ask here as it is a similar aircraft. How about MiG-19 addons? Preferably the missile armed variants. I'm aware of the Pakistani F-6 which looks quite nice and I'm downloading it now.

Thanks for the help, I'll also ask here as it is a similar aircraft. How about MiG-19 addons? Preferably the missile armed variants. I'm aware of the Pakistani F-6 which looks quite nice and I'm downloading it now.

Shenyang J-6 + Mig-17PF nose = Mig-19P (with R-3S) :ok:

Mig-19S + Mig-17PFU nose = Mig-19PM

Just see the link in my previous post :pilot:

Edited by kukulino