Sign in to follow this  
Sundowner

Just looking back

Well with the summer coming to an end and today being yet another wet Sunday, I decided to take a look back through some of the 1000's of pictures I've taken over the last couple of years, its amazing just how many things you overlook when you're looking for that "special" pic the day after an event. I've found so much stuff that I'd forgot about its amazing...anyway enough waffle here's a couple from last years holiday on the North Yorkshire coast.........

brid-mustang.jpg

brid-camaro.jpg

& god only know's what this was all about.........

brid2006.jpg

I normally dont charge for a sniff... :biggrin:

Wow, a '69 Cobra-Jet Mustang (complete with a shaker scoop), and a '69 Camaro. That harkens me back to my late teens (during the mid to late 1970s), when it was still possible to buy those cars second-hand, often for less than $1,000 US!

that's one beatuiful car man...

all i'm driving is a Mazda 323, sharing it with my big brother and father :|

Wow, a '69 Cobra-Jet Mustang (complete with a shaker scoop), and a '69 Camaro. That harkens me back to my late teens (during the mid to late 1970s), when it was still possible to buy those cars second-hand, often for less than $1,000 US!

My first car was a '70 Mach1, I paid £1000 for it [in 1981]...wish I still had it now, I've owned a few muscle cars in the past & I still have a keen interest in them.......a good friend of mine has a '69 Mach1, he's had it over 30 years....mostly original with a 351 4bbl Windsor, shaker scoop etc...a pretty rare bird I believe.

My first muscle-car (04/76 to 08/77) was a 1968 SS Chevelle with a 350 HP 396, backed by a Muncie 4-speed. It had four wheel drum brakes (made for exciting stops from highway speeds), and manual steering.

My next (08/77 to 06/78), was a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T, with a 375 HP 440 and a New-Process 4-speed (a pretty, albeit, thirsty beast).

I then owned a couple of AMC two-seater AMXs ( a 1969 and a '70), with 390 cubic inch V-8s and Borg Warner T-10 4-speeds.

I even owned a 1969 Mustang rag top with the GT package, though it was powered by a 351 Windsor 2V and backed by an FMX auto tranny...pretty but not a muscle car.

Here are the only remaining snaps I have of my cars...

The '69 AMX (taken back in August of 1978, sporting Firestone drag slicks)

69amxbi7.jpg

And the '70 AMX, circa March of 1980

amx1me0.jpg

Superb mate....I nearly bought an AMX once....got a 360 in it IIRC.....then I saw the hole in the floor.!

Nice to talk similar intrests other than SF.

Superb mate....I nearly bought an AMX once....got a 360 in it IIRC.....then I saw the hole in the floor.!

Nice to talk similar intrests other than SF.

Yes, it's a pity that AMC had such poor build quality. Their designs were a bit more European in styling (the first generation AMX and Javelin were penned by the Italian designer Viginale), and they were a tad more civilized, with reclining seats and better suspension geometry than their Ford,GM, and MOPAR counterparts.

I eventually modified the '70 AMX's suspension by adding Koni shocks, aftermarket anti-sway bars, and V-rated Pirelli CN36 tires (225/60-15s). It proved quite successful as an auto-crosser, and made it a much more enjoyable road car, to boot.

good stuff :smile:

375 hp in a car.... woah...thats eally back in the old days.... where fuel was for free LOL ....fun fun :good:

I still have my ride from High School. It has a new interior, motor, tranny and paint though. ;)

elkie.jpg

In 1973 I owned a 67 Mustang Coupe. Factory 390 (at least it had the 390"Pony" emblem on the front fenders), C6, Fully loaded, factory tach and gauges, full chrome trimmed console with overhead and map lights, A/C, power steering, power brakes (front disc), windshield washer, even a walnut trimmed steering wheel. Paid $650 for it. Drove if for 2 or 3 years and sold it for $500. :blink: