Sign in to follow this  
tank03

How does everyone else organise their installs?

I'm finally getting around to organising and cleaning up my SFP1/WOV stuff on the computer and I was curious as to how everyone else organises their stuff. How many and what installs do you have (ww2/korea/modern)etc.????

I do it this way, a vanilla copy of SFP Gold, WoV & WoE on my HD. I've also copied these installs to DVD as a back-up. I have a WoV YAP install, a WoE Nato Fighters install and a SF Korea install. Keeps me out of trouble... :angel:

Right now I just have one each of SF, WOV, and FE installed, but I am going to install another Iran/Iraq version of SF now that there are some updates for it.

I have a lot of different installs of each game,the ones I'm not working on I throw over to my external HD .Remember you can rename the games to be anything you want.For instance I have two versions of the Korean air war mod Ive renamed to be MIG ALLEY and MIG ALLEY2.

I have a lot of different installs of each game,the ones I'm not working on I throw over to my external HD .Remember you can rename the games to be anything you want.For instance I have two versions of the Korean air war mod Ive renamed to be MIG ALLEY and MIG ALLEY2.

What I've done so far is create the following installs: stock WOV, YAP WOV, SFP1 BoB, SFP1 WW2 Pacific, SFP1 Korea, SFP1 Israel.

I do need to get an external hardrive as I have nothing backed up. If I lose all this stuff I'd literally go crazy.

Like so:-

FE

Merged WoV/WoE install (for Wep Pack, plus extra planes/campaigns)

Standalone WoE install (for Nato Fighters 1 & 2)

SFP1 - very highly modded to include all of Vinman's upgrade packs, Gepard's DRV, Deutschland, Suez/Israel terrains, also American NW, EAWEuro and Madagascar terrains, as well as a number of campaigns which run on those various terrains, and tons of planes.

SFP1 WW2 ETO - BoB terrain, War over Europe terrain, BoB Campaign obviously, Fallen Angel by scrapper, WIP Channel Front 40-44 Campaign. Stacks of WW2 planes with ETO skins.

SFP1 WW2 MTO - Burning Sands '44, WIP Burning Sands WW2 & WIP North Africa 40-42 campaigns, stacks of WW2 planes with MTO skins, Operation Torch by scrapper, Edward's North Africa and Tunisia/Malta terrains.

SFP1 Korean War install (Edward's all-in-one from combatace)

SFP1 Falklands install (Edward's all-in-one from combatace)

SFP1 Operation Tainted Cigar v2.0

Still plenty more I need to add, I think :biggrin:

I'm finally getting around to organising and cleaning up my SFP1/WOV stuff on the computer and I was curious as to how everyone else organises their stuff. How many and what installs do you have (ww2/korea/modern)etc.????

There is topic about space on HDD vs SFP1/WOV/WOE installs in the WoE/WoV/Project-1 General Discussion.

Look HERE! <-----------link

It is similar, not the same like your question, but hepfull for everybody.

I have:

x7 installs WOE/WOV and x1 FE

including:

x1 fresh install, unmodded

x1 Korea (wirt "red" side mig campaigns)

x1 Vietnam era (with VPAF capaigns)

x1 WW2 (no campaigns up to now)

x1 Mideast 67-73

x1 Cuban crysis (OTC with cuban and soviet migs flyable-personal install)

x1 1985 (scrappers Red swarm with flyable czechoslovak squadrons-personal install)

x1 FE (BloodyApril1917 and Cambrai1917 campaigns)

Planning x1 install with flyable czechoslovak squadrons in WOE/NF2 install (personal).

Edited by kukulino

Wow. I am waaaay behind.

These are my measly installs:

OTC

Iran/Iraq

Vanilla SFP1

Modded (modern day) SFP1

Vanilla WoV

Modded WoV (OTV WIP)

YAP

That all takes up about 10 gigs.

I have to wonder how big some of your HDs are :blink: (mine is 150 gigs)

I have....

Vanilla on SF/WOV/WOE

IDFAF personal mod

Desert Storm

Nato Fighters

Modded WOE for testing

I used to have around 12-13, but deleted most as they were hardly ever used.

My installs are:

SFG - Vanilla patched

SFG - patched + Weapons pack + common mods

MiddleEastWars/BurningSands Upgrade

Burning Sands '83

NOTE to Newbies - we have installs that are unmodded/slightly modded for use as references when modding and also for backup when things go wrong.

by height......

OOOOhhhh....is that an obscure Caddy Shack reference?