Sign in to follow this  
cgold

New IRIAF F-14A Pic

Here is a pic of the re-worked IRIAF F-14A I am proposing to release. Hope ya'll feel the need... the need for speed! :cool:

I hope to post some more pics later.

post-18157-1192304726.jpg

cg

It looks the same to me....

The imans on the Revolutinary Council have decreed that users of easy avioncs will be deemed 'enemies of the faith', and will be used to clear minefields. :rofl: After, of course, a time spent 'considering the errors of their ways', usually in company with several VERY large and mean-sprited teachers.....

Wrench

kevin stein

Is it a .bmp image? It's taking a really long time to load.

Is it a .bmp image? It's taking a really long time to load.

Yes, it is. :rolleyes:

Also, what is really new about this F-14 anyway?

I think I can speak for everyone on the MF team on this. We appreciate all enthusiasm for our aircraft, but would prefer that "new" versions not be released.

What is new about this F-14? This aircraft has the ability to carry Hawk SAMs as Air to Air weapons. It also has new Loading/Hangar Screens and new afterburner effects. (They came from the F-16XL.) If you have tried to add a new afterburner effect(s) to the Tomcat, they usually became bigger than the nozzle in Zone 5. I have fixed that problem while modding in the engine settings. All of the documentation on how to add Hawks to the aircraft are included. If ya'll don't want a new aircraft, I can release just the effects for the afterburner and the new Loading/Hangar screens. I am catching too much flak on trying to release this as an aircraft.

img00009.bmp

Edited by cgold

If ya'll don't want a new aircraft, I can release just the effects for the afterburner and the new Loading/Hangar screens.

Releasing a pack with just the new effects and screens, and instuctions on how to apply them to the original MF F-14A, is no problem. We don't want our aircraft re-released as "new" aircraft becasue it can be confusing to people new to the sim, and it creates a problem when we release upgraded versions. Thanks for respecting that and thanks for your enthusiasm for our Tomcat.

Edited by column5

Yes, it is. :rolleyes:

Thanks. I think.

Thanks. I think.

Well...you DID ask... :haha:

Yeah it can be confusing, I thought you where re-working a whole new model. Why not just release it as a mod of the MF F-14. If it is listed as a modded IRIAF f-14 with permission and full credit given and granted.

Simple ini and skin pack (IF its been reskinned - if not reusing the original)....there's no need to include the entire aircraft (lods and cockpit).

For something similiar, and as general guidlines, I'd suggest having a look at my 2 'cats -- for the RN and the IDF. Both are what's classed as "semi-complete" mods, as the major files aren't included. Have a look at those readmes, and you'll see what I mean.

As for loadouts, I'd suggest having a peak in the KB's Loadout Thread (albeit without the suspect Hawks...). Lot's of 'newer' Iraining weapons there, bringing them (meaning the Irain/Irag mod) up speed.

Wrench

kevin stein