Sign in to follow this  
erik_l

WOE Flight stick recommendation?

I fly Wings Over Europe.

Which flightstick / joystick would you recommend?

Quality, handling and function is important, as well as price level.

It would be great to find one that costs no more than

$100

£40

600 SEK

60 Euro

I fly Wings Over Europe.

Which flightstick / joystick would you recommend?

Quality, handling and function is important, as well as price level.

It would be great to find one that costs no more than

$100

£40

600 SEK

60 Euro

I've got a cheap Logitech 3D Pro that I paid $40US for. I tried the Siatek X-52 but just couldn't get used to the feel (and the desk space). My Logitech does the job, no bells or whistles, but I like it.

I recall an entire thread discussing flight sticks, so a quick search of the forum will probably turn up the info you're looking for.

Edited by tank03

for that budget probably something like a Saitek EVO or TM Afterburner 2.

I know many people that are happy with the Saitek Evo, if not exactly happy with its looks. :grin:

I'm quite happy with my Logitch Attack 3.

Guest 531_Ghost
Not in Europe though & I'm guessing that he's in Sweden.

True altho his profile doesn't reveal his location.

I'm going by the fact that he mentions € & particularly SEK.

Guest 531_Ghost

Good point...

Our Swedish Distributor can point you in the right direction.

wendros-transp2.gif

46 8 449 72 10

Edited by Debby McDowell

I'm also looking for a stick for WoE and I have a few to choose from and I don't really know what to look for. Here are my choices... Logitech Wingman Attack 3, Saitek ST90, and Saitek ST290. They all seem to have plenty of buttons and some type of throttle control. What do you all think?

Personally I highly recommend Saitek ST290. After playing whit Logitech Wingman Attack 3 the ST290 came like a renaissance for my simming exspirience. whit Saitek there's no trimming (of the flight stick) needed and as for Logitech Wingman Attack 3 I had to trim almost every time I decided to play (not sure if this has changed whit the recently produced models). Cheap low-end logtech flight sticks are from what I heard from most people really nothing to look for. Plus whit the ST290 you get the hat switch which is very useful (view control, radar operations, aircraft trim and so on)

Edited by Mladuna

you ought to be able to programme pretty much everything ingame for WoV, WoE etc. & the ST290 I would think.

you ought to be able to programme pretty much everything ingame for WoV, WoE etc. & the ST290 I would think.

Guys what is recomended between teh HOTAS Cougar and the X52 or X52pro??? and which pedals should one get, caus in all honesty you cant fly properly without rudder control can you!!!

Budget isnt too much of a problem, So the cougar and the saitek pro pedals were my first though, can get them together for about £190 - £230.

But i wanna get it right. im on a crappy sidewinder precision pro at the mo. makes its awful for refueling. tiny adjusments are non existent with this stick.

cheers.

Stevo

I think the pedal choices are Saitek and CH, either will work fine. Cougar has problems with wearing over time. While it usually works great out of the box, after a year or two you may find it too loose. Unfortunately, "modding" it to make it into the stick it should be will likely run you 2-3x the cost of just the sticks themselves.

I know many people prefer the CH or Saitek products for that reason.