Sign in to follow this  
Zurawski

MV-22B Osprey Beta Release v1.0

This is awsome, even I managed to land it and not just land it but land it in the city, the whole operation went amazingly smooth :good:

Awesome to fly! Although I feel it needs some fists to help protect it, I'll play with the ini file and see if I can give it some weapon hardpoints!

I was able to give it a quick test last night, and I love it!

Awesome to fly! Although I feel it needs some fists to help protect it, I'll play with the ini file and see if I can give it some weapon hardpoints!

how do i put a tailgunner/nosegunner??

front and rear?

Guest Bounder
news alert!!!!

osprey spotted with rotor tip light!!!

i saaw on youtube!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL3x2kiNjL8&rel=1

@0:26 seconds

roflol no thats static built up seen through NVG all rotory aircraft can do this Hueys n hawks r the worst

Edited by Bounder

Very nice plane,or chopper or whatever the hell it is!It has scary big rotors,also the way it must take off must be scary too...

It will be awesome when gets 100%!Good luck!

BTW,what´s the role of the Osprey?

Edited by Sgt.KAR98

The Osprey is a troop transport/cargo hauler replacing the CH-46 Seaknight. I read that the Royal Navy FAA is looking into it to replace the Sea King.

Very nice plane,or chopper or whatever the hell it is!It has scary big rotors,also the way it must take off must be scary too...

It will be awesome when gets 100%!Good luck!

troop insertion vehicle.

nah, maybe the good ol' army would tweak it with some nose gun ala apache, or sumthin.

recomended rotor graphics:

it would be nice to see some detail on the rotors on slow rpm's,

nah, just a thought.

roflol no thats static built up seen through NVG all rotory aircraft can do this Hueys n hawks r the worst

sorry but shin_kazama is right this are rotor tip lights and if you fly with nvg or not it helps alot to

hold your position in a formation at night

sorry but shin_kazama is right this are rotor tip lights and if you fly with nvg or not it helps alot to

Well...

If anyone can confirm or dispute these rotor-tip lights, I will be eternally grateful...

I will add them...(Looks quite cool IMHO) if they exist in reality... but only if they are physical lights and not just NVG artifacts.

Edited by Zurawski

Well...

If anyone can confirm or dispute these rotor-tip lights, I will be eternally grateful...

I will add them...(Looks quite cool IMHO) if they exist in reality... but only if they are physical lights and not just NVG artifacts.

some pictures sorry i could not get it any better :blush:

some pictures sorry i could not get it any better :blush:

normal rotor tip lights are visible from "top" but the tip lights from the mv-22b are also visible from down wath makes sense as soon as the rotors are in flight posision the other ships in formation

can see them and hold ther position

Well...

I guess proof is in the pudding!

... Now I just have to figure out how to implement them without looking cheesy. Just tried with the slimer method, which worked... but with the rotors at speed they looked like twinkling Christmas lights. Going to have to experiment with a small alpha-layers smear to get the trail effect.

Thanks for the immediate assistance guys!

Well...

I guess proof is in the pudding!

... Now I just have to figure out how to implement them without looking cheesy. Just tried with the slimer method, which worked... but with the rotors at speed they looked like twinkling Christmas lights. Going to have to experiment with a small alpha-layers smear to get the trail effect.

Thanks for the immediate assistance guys!

maybe just put on one blade of the rotor the slimer we had on our ch-53g also not all tip lights on , not on purpose but some times one got broke and only at night you could see it

Edited by ravenclaw_007

so it only appears on NVG goggles and nvg cams?

or is it visible to the naked eye?

the vid looks ordinary though

The Osprey would be a great attack,bomber or a support plane...

so it only appears on NVG goggles and nvg cams?

or is it visible to the naked eye?

the vid looks ordinary though

There is actually a physical light on the rotor, as demonstrated by Ravenclaw's pictures...

What I'd really like is an osprey with a down firing gun(s), much like the AC-130, but easier so I could just hover over a tank and blow the @#$! out of it.

This is a REALLY nice beta release Zur, thanks a lot!

I just did these as a proof-of-concept, the jeep really doesn't fit into the Osprey, as it bleeds into the walls, so a new smaller model is needed (I assume Zur is already doing that?)

img00015.jpg

And some vehicles obviously don't fit, producing some strange results: :blink:

img00018.jpg

img00019.jpg

:biggrin:

Edited by jtin

There is actually a physical light on the rotor, as demonstrated by Ravenclaw's pictures...

What I'd really like is an osprey with a down firing gun(s), much like the AC-130, but easier so I could just hover over a tank and blow the @#$! out of it.

This is a REALLY nice beta release Zur, thanks a lot!

I just did these as a proof-of-concept, the jeep really doesn't fit into the Osprey, as it bleeds into the walls, so a new smaller model is needed (I assume Zur is already doing that?)

img00015.jpg

And some vehicles obviously don't fit, producing some strange results: :blink:

img00018.jpg

img00019.jpg

:biggrin:

To answer your question... "yes" there will be modalities to load in the back of the Osprey included in the final package, including paratroopers...

Right now the jeep just squeezes in... the truck definitely has some issues... :haha:

Better yet... I have a dedicated "attack" variant in planning... should be more than sufficient for blowing the @#$! out'a some tanks. :wink:

one day on a recon.....

and 8 truck convoy was spotted.

red crown said do anything to stop them.

so i flew low, rotors at 80 deg,

and blew em all up by ramming them.

and no damage or anything to my osprey.

and they say osprey was a deathtrap.

i beg to differ.

only on WoE

lol!!!

BTW:i saw ospreys have flaperons, so i edited the flaps too, in the in file.anyone want a copy?