Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

Just a little plane I've flown once or twice...(pictures)

Looking good :good:

I used to be a Bone pilot back in the day.

What's a Bone pilot?

What, you mean like this?

Beale was my last active duty assignment back in 1999-2001. Man, if they made the T-38 instructor pilot a reserve job at Beale AFB, I might have never left...flying 38s in ACC is WAY more fun than AETC!

Jug, if you're a grad of the Colorado School for Wayward Boys, you're probably interested in this photo and how it came about.

I'm a 1990 grad, and for my 10 year reunion (Oct 2000), I decided to take a 2 ship up to C Springs and do a flyby for the football game. So, right after we fly over the stadium, I send my wingie out to route, pass the jet to my front seater, and start snapping shots.

This was one of the best ones.

That was a blast of a reunion. Interestingly enough, Class of 1980 was having their 20 year at the same time, so it was interesting comparing stories of then and now. Appearantly, a lot of them couldn't make the 10 year because of Desert Storm deployments...so there was a lot of interest in making the 20 year for them.

Beale was a blast...even got to play in the spacesuit in the chamber (I was a T-38 only guy...no Deuces for me). Interesting watching a beaker of water boil right next to you...then playing 'Michelin Man' trying to reach the ejection handle...

FastCargo

Not a zoomie, but an Auburn ROTC type. Back then Vietnam cannon fodder was the objective. Otherwise I'd have never made it to pilot training (played football and the height to weight thing chased me my entire career. I am a 1000 hr duce driver, but loved flying the 38. Spiffy little jet to run around in. Excellent photography. Really looking forward to this model to fly in this sim. Aren't the modders here amazing? I love 'em all!

B-1 looks like B - ONE, hence "bone"...only the sexiest, coolest bomber ever! not really a bomber, more like a fighter in the Arnold class...

New pictures!

The classic A model:

gallery_12105_43_658934.jpg

The glass cockpit C model (my, what big intakes you have):

gallery_12105_43_514616.jpg

The B model (bombs, and rockets, and guns, oh my):

gallery_12105_43_734963.jpg

And a bonus:

gallery_12105_43_216261.jpg

All external models are complete and mapped (the F-5B needs some slight tweaking of the slat area).

Basic data.ini files are built.

Cockpits are next, then textures, then decals, then FMs.

A long way to go.

I thought briefly about the F-5F and F-20 models, but they require too much alterations and would require a whole new model. I don't think I'll have that energy for a while...

FastCargo

Hey FC, those are looking very good!

Didn't know what you worked with, and where you worked. For how many years did you fly the Bone?

Guest Saganuay82

Looks like a Bone? I don't see a bone but I do see it being called a B-ONE...............see? BONE.

Looks good. Keep it going. Even if it isn't a F-5B/D I'll paint her up as ...

f5s2.jpg

Something else I read is that our F-5Bs were the closest to the T-38 cause we didn't have the nose cannons. Good shot here.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1302341/L/

Looks like we'll have to activate a squad for IFF in the future :)

Guest Saganuay82

Identification Friend or Foe?

In Flight Fueling?

In Fuzzy's Face?

Sorry Harold but .........

Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals :)

Guest Saganuay82

Ahhh. Very tricky you glycol sprayer you.