Hello!

Can anyone create a Israeli skin for the WOV F105? Will really like to use it on WOI game!

Thank's

Hello!

Can anyone create a Israeli skin for the WOV F105? Will really like to use it on WOI game!

Thank's

No one?? Please!

I would love to see that. I would download it if it was made available too

Having templates would probably be a good place to start...and there, unfortunately, aren't any. For the stock WoV or ADs; not that I've ever seen. They could be made however...with much work.

Personally, I can't think of a more useless aircraft for the IDF ... what would they use it for? To replace the Vatours? Remember, it was originally designed as a low-level nuclear strike aircraft (and I can see the neighbors getting more than a little worried about THAT - to say nothing of the Bear in the far North*). As a bomber, it would be a great penetrator to hit the pesky targets across the Suez Canal, or up into Syria... but it's defensablity if low, when compared to others they had (Mirage IIIC comes right to mind)

Not saying it couldn't fight...you just don't want to risk mixing it up with all the Frescos and Fishbeds (and yes, I KNOW Thuds killed some MiGs is SEA).

Believe me, as the King of What If..., it's already been considered. (there's an IDF Hunter available...)

Wrench

kevin stein

* can you say 'one-way mission'??? I remember, as a kid -possibly during the 73 war- when things were looking reaaaly bad, some speculation of IDF Phantoms reaching as far as Moscow, armed with Nukes. To say nothing of Damascus, Cario, Bagdad,.....etc. If push came to shove, and the end was near... well, my cousins tend to remember Masada, the Warsaw Ghetto...

Guest Bounder

do you have any ref. pics. to see

Hello!

Thank's

Stratos,

You could try making them yourself.

It's tougher without templates...but certainly not impossible.

Use GIMP...it's a open source painting program that works with layers.

Give it a shot!

FastCargo

I think it would make sense to make a skin of the ta-fj because israelis actualy had scooters. The f-105 sounds neet and all but I could think of a whole list of aircraft that I would love to have israeli skins for. T-6 F-15D B-17 AH-1W E-2C I think it would be better to finish of making skins for IDF aircraft that did exist first.

I would gladly fly any aircraft you decide to make so if an IAF- F-105 you want then go right ahead and make it. But we gota come up with a name for it first.

Herev- sword

Edited by triplethr3at

T-6 F-15D B-17 AH-1W E-2C I think it would be better to finish of making skins for IDF aircraft that did exist first.

Haven't these already been done? The Fort would be easy enough...have the use the 17F,due to the lack of nose guns (and historically, ALL the turrets) and just re-decal it.

==EDIT: forgot I had this-

Somethng like this:

pb1w-1.jpg

all guns, excepting the chin turret have been removed. Tail, ball, waist, upper ... all gone. The chin turret should actually be a rounded bulge, for a secondard radar.

Same for the Hawkeye; I dont' recall seeing any in camo - course, that don't mean there weren't any.

Whisky Cobra, same thing - do it with decals.

T-6 has been done for several years -- actually, it's a Harvard. Done by me.

Somewhere around her allenjb has an Israeli AF aircraft listing -- it should have all actually used, plus a few 'odd-balls'...

Wrench

kevin stein

I think it would make sense to make a skin of the ta-fj because israelis actualy had scooters. The f-105 sounds neet and all but I could think of a whole list of aircraft that I would love to have israeli skins for. T-6 F-15D B-17 AH-1W E-2C I think it would be better to finish of making skins for IDF aircraft that did exist first.

I would gladly fly any aircraft you decide to make so if an IAF- F-105 you want then go right ahead and make it. But we gota come up with a name for it first.

Herev- sword

I agree with Kev.

The thud is one aircraft I don't think we ever needed or wanted to have.

And you know how much I like the Israeli what ifs.

Since I was a kid I loved the F-104's, but only for its sound and image.

love to see one in Israeli colors.

Hey Danny, I think that name is already been used.

We need to look at the "Israeli air force tracker" thread by AllenJb, to see wich aircraft has got that name.

I whould sugest the name Hanit (Chanit) maybe. Jevelin in english

Hay ho Mannie, hold your horses man!!!!

We need that name for the Starfighter don't we? :biggrin::biggrin:

Cheers.

Edited by MannieB.

Been watching this one with interest.

The tracker thread is here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry122980

Maybe it could be made a sticky as it'll be useful when WOI is released?

We used Cherev for the Canadair Sabre. Well Sabre=Sword and the Israelis weren't renaming planes at that point in time.

If we get an Israeli Thud we can come up with a name at that point - the prize is a virtual case of Goldstar Beer and two dozen chopped and fried fish balls!

As for the others mentioned above:

T-6 - we've got this already.

F-15D - Sag was working on this, and a B model too. I guess it'll come out when WOI arrives?

B-17 - Don't think anyone has said they're doing a skin for this. Here are some profiles if anyone fancies having a go http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/b/439/89/0

AH-1W - We do have a skin for this already. It's part of a pack that Gramps did and included some USMC skins too. The Israelis dont actually use the Whisky Cobra, but have the G and S models. We have a G model in game but no Israeli skin as yet. There isn't an AH-1S available for the game at the moment, but it would be important for a Lebanon 1982 campaign....

E-2C - Siddogg said that he was doing an Israeli skin but we haven't heard from him for a while.

Guest Saganuay82

Yeah, kinda forgot about my IDF install. But yes I have a B and D skin. I have something else I'll talk to you offline about.

The E-2C that Paun released I have done in IDF markings. Maybe need more markings but it works. Find my IDF screenshots and you will see it in formation with a F-15.

What if we use one of the third party F105? Thins about the Thud in Israeli colors as their nuclear detterent.

It would be easier to skin AD's thud, as he uploaded templates for it here at CA.

Yeah, kinda forgot about my IDF install. But yes I have a B and D skin. I have something else I'll talk to you offline about.

OK, pm or email me when you get a chance.

We have any template for the F105? Doesn't mind wich one

We have any template for the F105? Doesn't mind wich one

"Having templates would probably be a good place to start...and there, unfortunately, aren't any. For the stock WoV or ADs; not that I've ever seen. They could be made however...with much work."

Didn't even know we had these...shows how much time I spend in a Thud!!

The SEA 3-tones already laid out, just have to add a new layer for your IDF colors, and there ya go!

Wrench

kevinstein