Viggen

Would anyone want to play this?

Would anyone want to play this?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Royal New Zealand Air Force campaign

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe (post why)

I've been thinking about a campaign like this for a while. A campaign in which you play as a Kiwi A-4K Skyhawk pilot or Aussie Mirage IIIO pilot against Indonesia or Timor. We have somethings required:

• A-4K Kahus by Truc lo
  • Mirage IIIO by Charles
  • Modern Darwin/Timor by Wrench

However we would need:

• TA-4K Kahu
  • Indonesian or Timor aircraft and skins
  • Targets

Would anyone want to play a campaign like this?

Yes please!

A more modern campaign with F/A-18s, Blackhawks, F-111s vs Indonesian Flankers & F-16s would be cool too.

Oh, and I've got some Indonesian helo skins to upload at some point.

Edited by allenjb42

Why not a campaign between Oz and New Zealand. I mean, they (the Kiwis) had been begging to get their arses whooped for a long time now! What with their beautiful landscapes, pure white snow, funny accents, different belief systems and weak dollar!! THOSE BASTARDS!!! GRRRRRR!!!!!!! :aggressive:

Why not a campaign between Oz and New Zealand. I mean, they (the Kiwis) had been begging to get their arses whooped for a long time now! What with their beautiful landscapes, pure white snow, funny accents, different belief systems and weak dollar!! THOSE BASTARDS!!! GRRRRRR!!!!!!! :aggressive:

Why not? Only the Kiwis get their Kahus and the F-16s.

Any one who wants to help send me a PM.

Also Allen, what helos are the skins for?

If you're doing one set in the 70s, I have an order of battle for the region accurate up until 1975. Otherwise, I'll have to do some digging, but I might have one accurate up until 1989...

I was thinking 1974 to 75.

Indonesian Mi-24s

Indonesia.jpg

Indonesiasub.jpg

And an A-26 if you wanted to take it back further (already uploaded)

Indonesia.jpg

Edited by allenjb42

Great!

Does anyone know if we have any Kiwis here at Combatace?

Yep, I saw a couple recently here (sometime in the past month) but I can't quite remember who they are. I'll get a scan or some other kind of copy of the OoB for the main players of the Australasian region. Say nations like Oz, NZ, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei and PNG? Only problem I could think of is that during that period (and I'm a total bloody trainspotter for knowing this, please don't hold it against me! :biggrin: ) is that the RAAF had a major advantage over the aircraft of neighbouring air forces in that most nations were either using the CA.27 Sabre (Indonesia & Malaysia) or A-4 Skyhawks (Singapore and NZ) which were a generation less advanced than the RAAF's Mirage IIIOs. I think the TUDM(Malaysian AF) had only just brought their first F-5E sqn online and the Indonesians had big troubles with keeping their Soviet supplied equipment (Mig-15/17/21s and Tu-16s) in the air for lack of support/spares. Other than that, on paper it'd make for some good fighting...

Had a look at Wiki over lunch at work. The Indonesians had Skyhawks too, which might make a neat twist, depending on when the action is set.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_Ai...craft_inventory

Indonesia had used 33 A-4E/TA-4E Skyhawk II (ex-Israeli Air Force) until 2003. The first prototype was flying at 5 May 1980 from Halim Perdana Kusuma AFB, Jakarta. The aircraft were transport from Eliat(Israel) as part of Alpha Project in 1980. The aircraft were completely shipping through sea in 23 months. In service until 2003 they were replaced by two Russian Su-27SK and two Su-30MK. However, the Indonesian Air Force is planning to reactivate the A-4 Skyhawks by buying spare parts, after USA ended its weapons and spare part sales embargo. The aircraft made its final flight on 5 August 2005 from Makassar (Sulawesi) to Madiun (Java).

Edited by allenjb42

But those came in 1980.

I'd say, that Indonesia gets around:

• 12 MiG-19s
  • 7 MiG-17s
  • 19 MiG-21s
  • 16 OV-10s
  • 6 Tu-16s
  • 4 C-130s
  • 5 MiG-15UTIs
  • 6 Hawk Mk. 53s
  • 24 CAC Sabres

Maybe we should have a modern one after as well.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

an airliner to Samoa with tall cool drinks served by lovely ladies in grass skirts!!

:biggrin: