Sign in to follow this  
christian59

import AI from WOI

BTW is there any information out there if we will be able to lock targets with AG radar sometime soon??

I don't think that will happen any time soon. It would be cool--don't get me wrong--but there just isn't much utility in it.

no utility?? what do ya mean???

What about cruise missiles these have extremely long range how can we use it effectively in TK´s game engine???

I mean how do we lock them?? For instance the AGM-84 Harpoon in real life can be fire in "bearing only launch" mode but how if this stuff simulated??

it would be cool to have a guide how to use all types of weapons! How to fire them, what to do etc... you know what i mean

no utility?? what do ya mean???

What about cruise missiles these have extremely long range how can we use it effectively in TK´s game engine???

I mean how do we lock them?? For instance the AGM-84 Harpoon in real life can be fire in "bearing only launch" mode but how if this stuff simulated??

it would be cool to have a guide how to use all types of weapons! How to fire them, what to do etc... you know what i mean

Same way LGBs lock on now. Magically! ;)

All of the mods available tend to obscure the fact that the sims are very much oriented around the technologies and tactics of the 1960s as used by tactical fighters. That's why I personally prefer to remain in-era (maybe creeping into the early-mid 1980s) with the mods I use--you don't have to suspend as much disbelief to convince yourself that you are simulating the real thing. YMMV of course. :good:

Actually, isn't this gonna be moot when the SF/WoV/WoE patchs come out??? and brings all the others up to speed with WoI??

Wrench

kevin stein

Heh-heh. It's the "when" part that motivated me to make this little update now.

I'm hating this update, im no longer master of the sky. Im back to being a scarred nugget that does his job and runs for home. :rofl:

The more i fly this the more i see the AI do things that make it much more deadly to myself and wingmen. They like to skid alot now and if you miss your first shot they will not be there for the second.

A good question was brought up about this not being able to use new features because of the older .dll, but i'm starting to think at least some of them are already in our .dll, but not used. The old AI did not use the ChanceUseVertical= callout, but it works with our .dll

Also MaxCannonRange=,OptimalCannonRange=,MinCannonRange= work, i have played with them and can confirm the results. We can now control the range the AI opens fire at.Can anyone else confirm any of the other working features of this new AI code?

Edited by WarlordATF

A good question was brought up about this not being able to use new features because of the older .dll, but i'm starting to think at least some of them are already in our .dll, but not used. The old AI did not use the ChanceUseVertical= callout, but it works with our .dll

That's been in the UberAI mod now for well over two years..... :rolleyes:

That's been in the UberAI mod now for well over two years..... :rolleyes:

Exactly. I think the point about the new parameters is how the AI will utilize these with the new code revisions in the upcoming patch. It should get even better.