Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Youse guys are geniuses, or genii, or just really flippin' smort!

The last of the triad for Integrated Combat Turns. Tapping into the weight on wheels, which has to exist somewhere, is not so important on this one, so it could be

utilized behind a tanker.

I may have to sacrifice an aircraft INI to test this out.

Has either of you operationally tested yet?

Edited by Spectre_USA

When I started reading this thread I wondered how long it would be before the "Brains Trust" came up with a workable solution or managed to reverse engineer the problem, and as ever they haven't let us down!!

EXPOSED! :biggrin:

So what you need to do is edit the engine section your aircraft data INI:

TSFCM0=0.725

TSFCM1=1.175

AfterburnerTSFC=-1.900 <-- Make this a negative value

MinFuelFlow=-2.00 <-- Make this a large negative number

When you do this you'll see normal fuel usage until you engage AB, and then you'll see yourself gaining fuel.

I think with a little elbow grease you could set up a dummy engine with no thrust, and configure the throttle settings so that it engaged AB at a specific RPM (say, 57% or some other number that you are unlikely to cruise at). Then any time you set your throttle to 57% it would be as though you are refueling. There may be other, better ways to implement turning the "feature" on or off but I'll leave that to someone else to figure out.

So yeah...not the second coming or anything but a nifty trick that some might enjoy.

But this "dummy Engine" would still burn fuel, when not in refueling conditions, so basically you get fuel and then you burnt it off with a thrustless engine?

Can`t you link this feature to a animation key like .. in the crusader from MF .. the fuel probe extending. I know it`s not an engine but it could "run" when extendet and being shut down or on idle when closed.... And than the idea of Column5 with a negative value.

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

But this "dummy Engine" would still burn fuel, when not in refueling conditions, so basically you get fuel and then you burnt it off with a thrustless engine?

In theory you could make it burn fuel at such a low rate (possibly 0) as to be inconsequential.

However there seems to be a problem when setting up a second engine for this purpose, in that it does not give you the +fuel effect like when you change the afterburner fuel consumption on a single engine. It would need some more testing a tweaking to see if it will actually work. Going to leave that for some other enterprising lad.

Can`t you link this feature to a animation key like .. in the crusader from MF .. the fuel probe extending. I know it`s not an engine but it could "run" when extendet and being shut down or on idle when closed.... And than the idea of Column5 with a negative value.

Someone could give it a try but as this hack relies on reversing fuel consumption I would think probably not...since engines are the only component to which the fuel consumption parameters apply. I could be wrong though...

Low thrust modifiers in the Mach table would result in low fuel consumption?

What about...for a second engine, the WetMachTableData could be made to have Zero values except at one specified re-fueling altitude, thus the extra engine uses no fuel except in that narrow altitude range -- some altitude not commonly flown normally, an altitude where the AI "tanker" aircraft would be set to fly. That would force you to fly to and stay in that altitude band until refuel is complete. I guess anyways. like this...

WetMachTableNumData=4

WetMachTableDeltaX=0.1

WetMachTableStartX=7.0

WetMachTableData=0,0,-5.0,0,0

This -5.0 would happen at an altitude of about 7.2km and decrease to zero below and above that altitude.

Is this Correct Thinking?

Getting back into WOV after a 3-years away (flying Learjets and twin-Cessna's in FS2004).

There's been some pretty impressive developments within the WOV/SFP1/Etc community... Did anyone ever figure out a way to actually implement refueling (inflight or ground)?

Regards,

Chad

aka "Slick"