Thanks, allenjb42! Nice skins :good: !

I've made some MiG-23MLD skins, but I can't find a proper font for the tactical numbers. Also I must dig some info about the correct numbers used there. I am going to make some MiG-21MF and Su-17 skins too. BTW are there any good Su-17 templates? It will save me a lot of time drawing panel lines and rivets.

Yeah, it's quite an old screenshot, but if I remember rightly it was rocket pods inboard, gun pods outboard and AA-1 Alkali missiles on the rails to simulate Sagger/Swatter missiles as I don't think there were any in the weapons pack.

bunys june06 weppack has a AT-2 Swatter, I know for sure since I heavily modified the Mi-24D long ago, adjusting/adding lots of things, gun ammo, flares ect

look for :

TypeName=9M17P

FullName=9M17P Falanga AT Missile

ModelName=Swatter

bunys june06 weppack has a AT-2 Swatter, I know for sure since I heavily modified the Mi-24D long ago, adjusting/adding lots of things, gun ammo, flares ect

look for :

TypeName=9M17P

FullName=9M17P Falanga AT Missile

ModelName=Swatter

Great, thanks I'll look for it.

Any chance of posting your mod?

Well, i think we're missing on the Mi-8 and Tu-22M.

There was an Mi-8. But that modding team left and took all their mods with them. For the Backfires we could always use *gulps* Blinders as stand ins.

For the Backfires we could always use *gulps* Blinders as stand ins.

The Blinders were used in Afghanistan :biggrin:

The Blinders were used in Afghanistan :biggrin:

Badgers? :biggrin:

Great, thanks I'll look for it.

Any chance of posting your mod?

lost it in myHDD crash last year

NNNOOOOOO!

(You mean you never backed up? - Don't let USAFMTL see you typed that!)

Anyway, I'll look into it myself. I'm thinking of modding Capun's Mi-24V Hind E to an Mi-24D Hind D, the export Mi-25 Hind D and Mi-35 Hind E anyway. If someone could do the 3d work of deleting the gun and adding a fuselage gun pack we could have an Mi-24P Hind F and export Mi-35P Hind F too.

And by adding IR suppresion boxes over the engine exhausts we could late model versions of all of the above.

Anyone up for it?

NNNOOOOOO!

(You mean you never backed up? - Don't let USAFMTL see you typed that!)

Anyway, I'll look into it myself. I'm thinking of modding Capun's Mi-24V Hind E to an Mi-24D Hind D, the export Mi-25 Hind D and Mi-35 Hind E anyway. If someone could do the 3d work of deleting the gun and adding a fuselage gun pack we could have an Mi-24P Hind F and export Mi-35P Hind F too.

And by adding IR suppresion boxes over the engine exhausts we could late model versions of all of the above.

Anyone up for it?

We can add the IR suppresion boxes and the gun as a new weapon or pilot, I think. Is there a way to "hide" the 12.7mm machine gun via the data.ini?

We can add the IR suppresion boxes and the gun as a new weapon or pilot, I think. Is there a way to "hide" the 12.7mm machine gun via the data.ini?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking about adding the new bits, like FC did with the canards? Although we'd need some kind 3d guy to make them.

But isn't the 12.7mm still going to show up on the model if you just delete it by .ini editing, so you would have two guns visible instead of just the new gun pack and a smoothed off nose?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking about adding the new bits, like FC did with the canards? Although we'd need some kind 3d guy to make them.

But isn't the 12.7mm still going to show up on the model if you just delete it by .ini editing, so you would have two guns visible instead of just the new gun pack and a smoothed off nose?

Found a way:

[AircraftData]

Component[011]=hideTurret

[hideTurret]

ParentComponentName=Fuselage

ModelNodeName=Turret_ok

DestroyedNodeName=Turret

DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE

HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

That looks good. I wonder if it would be possible just to delete the gun barrel rather than the whole turret?

Been working with Capun and we've got about 10 (really!) versions of the Hind to come. Including this, the Mi-24P Hind F (early version):

Mi-24Ps.jpg

Found a way:

[AircraftData]

Component[011]=hideTurret

[hideTurret]

ParentComponentName=Fuselage

ModelNodeName=Turret_ok

DestroyedNodeName=Turret

DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE

HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

Hey Trooper,

Can you explain why this works? I don't have the Hind in front of me at the moment. Your method seems a lot 'cleaner' than the method I use to 'hide' parts of aircraft LODs.

FastCargo

Hey Trooper,

Can you explain why this works? I don't have the Hind in front of me at the moment. Your method seems a lot 'cleaner' than the method I use to 'hide' parts of aircraft LODs.

FastCargo

I'll try...

I am making the node I want to remove, a part of the aircraft's damage model by setting DestroyedNodeName to its name. It will show only when the component it is assigned to ("hideTurret") is destroyed. But since the component can't be destroyed (cause it's a dummy component) the node will never show. You can set ModelNodeName= to anything unless it's an existing node name. This method should work with any model, not only the Hind.

What method are you using? Setting the part as a pylon?

I'll try...

I am making the node I want to remove, a part of the aircraft's damage model by setting DestroyedNodeName to its name. It will show only when the component it is assigned to ("hideTurret") is destroyed. But since the component can't be destroyed (cause it's a dummy component) the node will never show. You can set ModelNodeName= to anything unless it's an existing node name. This method should work with any model, not only the Hind.

What method are you using? Setting the part as a pylon?

Yep, usually then making it a weaponstation that can only take a fuel tank which doesn't exist. The thing I don't like about that method is you end up with 'empty' weapon stations that someone will ask why they can't load anything on them.

Your method is much cleaner...and transparent to the end user.

Awesome job figuring that one out. Thanks for the info!

FastCargo

This method was actually "invented" by BPAo, it was first used in the French F-100D mod to hide the fuel probe.

Some of the Hinds on the way:

Mi-24D

Mi-24DRed331.jpg

Mi-24P - Early version with IR jammer behind the rotor

Mi-24PESoviet2.jpg

Mi-24P - Later version with the IR jammer but also with IR suppressors fitted over the engine exhausts

Mi-24PLSoviet2.jpg

Mi-24PLSoviet3.jpg

Also coming will be the Mi-24V (in early and later versions) Mi-25, Mi-35 and 35P (also with early and later versions). Two skins per aircraft, all interchangeable, and more skins will be uploaded seperately too. The aircraft will be available at Capun's site and the skins both here and at Capun's site.