The MiG-23BN was the definitive fighter-bomber variant. It was otherwise the same as MiG-23B, but had the same R-29-300 engine as contemporary fighter 'Floggers'. They were also fitted with "type 3" wings. There were other minor changes in electronics and equipment, and some changes were made during its long production run. This variant proved to be fairly popular and effective and it was extensively exported. As usual, a downgraded version was sold to Third World customers. Serial production began in 1973 and lasted until 1985, with 624 examples built. Most of them were exported, as the Soviets always viewed it as an interim type and only a small number served in Frontal Aviation regiments. The most distinctive identifying feature between the MiG-23B and MiG-23BN was that the former was rather a developmental aircraft and had the dielectric head just above the pylon, but this was removed from the MiG-23BN.

First attempt skinning:

gallery_26374_128_105390.jpg

gallery_26374_128_7315.jpg

gallery_26374_128_70957.jpg

gallery_26374_128_171444.jpg

gallery_26374_128_81079.jpg

Edited by The Trooper

Great skin!! But If I'm not wrong, we don't have a Afghan terrain right?

Are you volunteering? :rolleyes: I'm sure that issue will be taken care of, soon enough.

During the war, sidn't a MiG-23 pilot become a Hero of the Soviet Union for his act of flying his damaged Flogger into an AA gun to save his comrades?

you could even add a few of the soviet helo's which are already in the download section. That would add to any campaign/mission......

We don't ... yet. But making a new terrain is not impossible AFAIK.

During the war, sidn't a MiG-23 pilot become a Hero of the Soviet Union for his act of flying his damaged Flogger into an AA gun to save his comrades?

Yes, Lt. colonel Anatoly Nikolaevich Levchenko in 1985 or '86 near Salang.

you could even add a few of the soviet helo's which are already in the download section. That would add to any campaign/mission......

Soviet VVS:

-----------

Mi-24

Mi-8/17

DRAAF:

-------

Mi-24

Mi-8/17

Wow, you guys are off to a great start for ideas. Another bit to think about, as the Tu-22s rolled in at high alt, fighters were sent up to pop their flares as additional protection.

Cheers,

Jeff

Those who fly Mi-24 will enjoy it big time :biggrin:

Have we all played DI's Hind?

We even know where to get it in a relatively complete state.

BTW, flying Hind in modded EECH is a spooky experience vs. all those SAM sites, Comanche, Apache with their radars. And you have only terrain for cover.

Must have frogfoot, lol and then hopefully we can get a Su-25T and the Su-25UB/ UBK

Like this?

post-5661-1206359032_thumb.jpg

Thanks! Every bit of information about the conflict is useful to me. This is what I found so far:

http://www.airwar.ru/history/locwar/afgan/awar/awar.html

http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_337.shtml

http://www.airkamo.narod.ru/

http://wp.scn.ru/

I see there are some people who liked the idea of this project, so if someone wants to join me in this projects or want to contribute in some other way, please post below and list your areas of expertise. Thank you in advance!

Count me in.

Does this mean I can list you in the team?

Does this mean I can list you in the team?

Yea, I'll lend a hand where I can. I deploy alot and have a full schedule with exercises over the summer, but will do my best to help out. I havent skinned anything in years, so maybe I can be of assistance with loadouts or mission design. Let me know.

I've got pics of Afghanistan that I've taken from the air if you guys need them also.

Jeff

Yea, I'll lend a hand where I can. I deploy alot and have a full schedule with exercises over the summer, but will do my best to help out. I havent skinned anything in years, so maybe I can be of assistance with loadouts or mission design. Let me know.

I've got pics of Afghanistan that I've taken from the air if you guys need them also.

Jeff

Welcome aboard! :good:

Will be cool If we can deploy infantry squads, I know Yap made it, so maybe is possible too from Hind's and Hip's. Will be also very important to have enemy Mujahideen squads

Will be cool If we can deploy infantry squads, I know Yap made it, so maybe is possible too from Hind's and Hip's. Will be also very important to have enemy Mujahideen squads

Good idea :good: I don't have YAP, so I don't know how they made it, but at least I know it is possible.

I think of using these guys:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...mp;showfile=710

as both Soviet troops and Mujahideen (with a proper repaint of course). We can change the 66MM_LAW to a Stinger.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5931 (as DShK heavy machine gun)

and

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=3363

can be used as fixed positions on the hills.

I should be uploading these soon. If they're any use to you guys please feel free to incorporate any of them in the campaign:

SovietDesert.jpg

Soviet1985.jpg

Soviet02.jpg

Afghanistan.jpg

The last one is an Afghan airforce bird. You probably knew that already.

Skins looks very nice :good:

Intersting loadout on that last screenshot :yes:

Edited by kukulino

Intersting loadout on that last screenshot :yes:

Yeah, it's quite an old screenshot, but if I remember rightly it was rocket pods inboard, gun pods outboard and AA-1 Alkali missiles on the rails to simulate Sagger/Swatter missiles as I don't think there were any in the weapons pack.