Hello!

I found a strange thing:

When aircraft is equipted witch some missile in loadout.ini file (for example AIM-9M) and there is avaible new missile (AIM-9X) program atomaticly replace the missiles and aircraft is equipted witch that newest.

Whay the SAMLauncher don't do this for example NIKE_AJAX replace for NIKE_HERCULES or HAWK replace for I-HAWK ??? :dntknw:

Hello!

I found a strange thing:

When aircraft is equipted witch some missile in loadout.ini file (for example AIM-9M) and there is avaible new missile (AIM-9X) program atomaticly replace the missiles and aircraft is equipted witch that newest.

Whay the SAMLauncher don't do this for example NIKE_AJAX replace for NIKE_HERCULES or HAWK replace for I-HAWK ??? :dntknw:

Beacuse the SAM launchers have a call out in their data.ini for a specific missle model (SA-2C, SA-2F, etc.). There is also no attachment type for SAMs, probably to avoid mismatches.

It's not a strange thing at all...it's how the game engine was designed. If you look in my loadout threads in the KB, some of the aircraft are set to pre-load later versions, for instance the 9M. If you choose to fly a mission on a date before the M winder is available, the Game Engine will load an earlier version of the missile, say an 9J or 9E

It also goes in the opposite, or 'upwards' direction as you've seen.....say, for example, our F-4S (Late) is set to load 9H...you fly a mission on say, 1990, you might find it has the 9M.

The engine loads the most 'date appropriate' weapon from the time frame.

As Fubar said, ground objects are different, as they have no loadout ini, just fixed weapons loadouts as per their data ini statements.

Wrench

kevin stein

Beacuse the SAM launchers have a call out in their data.ini for a specific missle model (SA-2C, SA-2F, etc.). There is also no attachment type for SAMs, probably to avoid mismatches.

Does that mean when I want to have Nike with N-ajax and N-hercules I must place in Grounobject folder 2 launchers witch different names, missiles, service years etc. ? :dntknw:

I pretty much think that's how you'd have to do it. Not too different from how TK did the SA-2 variants.

BTW, my grandfather's name was Sam, but he never had any missiles! :rofl: Just thought I'd stick a little joke in there...

Be nice to see these when you get them finished!

While we're on the subject of Nikes ... anyone know if any of the NATO nations (in particular Italy & Greece) deployed them? Or just HAWKs??? This is for the Libya rebuild....

Wrench

kevin stein

PS: the name comes from the Greek goddess of Victory! -- learned that whilst researching Nike site in Alaska for DBS2

Damnit!!! I'm an idiot!!!! :blink:

That was the site I researched Alaska on!!!

insert MORON >here<!!! :rolleyes:

Wrench

kevin stein

While we're on the subject of Nikes ... anyone know if any of the NATO nations (in particular Italy & Greece) deployed them? Or just HAWKs??? This is for the Libya rebuild....

We still have Nike Hercules in one "Stormo Intercettori Teleguidati" (Padova or Treviso ... i dont remember now)... i think they are the lasts Herc in service. Also WGermany, Holland, Denmark, Belgium and Norway had the MIM-14.

Wrench> Bah, happens to everyone. On the plus side that allowed me to add a site to my bookmarks.