Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Multiple Nations for one plane?

I was wondering if it's possible to add more than one nation to an aircraft's data.ini, which would allow the aircraft to use weapons from different countries, without having to change the weapon to exported.

For example, I want to be able to load the AGM-65E (USMC nationality, not exported) on my F-18C (USN nationality). I could just change it to exported, or create a USN version of it, but then it could end up being loaded on aircraft that don't actually carry it. I know I'm being kinda picky and hardcore about it, but that's what I like doing in these games.

So does anyone know if this is doable?

Have you tried changing the Attachment type in the f-18c_data.ini?

[RightWingStation2]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=2

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition= 2.71,-0.86,-0.27

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=294.84

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,RP,IRM

AttachmentType=NATO,UK,USN <--------------------------

ModelNodeName=Pylon_Outer_R

PylonMass=91.17

PylonDragArea=0.05

LaunchRailNodeName=AIM9_rail_R

LaunchRailHeight=0.12

LaunchRailMass=25

Have you tried changing the Attachment type in the f-18c_data.ini?

[RightWingStation2]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=2

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition= 2.71,-0.86,-0.27

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=294.84

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,RP,IRM

AttachmentType=NATO,UK,USN <--------------------------

ModelNodeName=Pylon_Outer_R

PylonMass=91.17

PylonDragArea=0.05

LaunchRailNodeName=AIM9_rail_R

LaunchRailHeight=0.12

LaunchRailMass=25

The attachment types for weapon and weapon station already match up (both USN). What I recently disovered, however, was that the nation names for the aircraft and weapon either have to match, or the weapon has to be exported. So, for example, a weapon with USAF and USN as attachment types and USMC with the nation name, will only be usable on USMC aircraft with either USAF or USN as attachment types. If the weapon is exported, it will be usable on any aircraft with either USN or USAF as attachment types.

Although what I just realized is that in my specific case, it may be doable just to change the AGM-65E to exported, since the only attachment type for that weapon is USN, and not many aircraft other than USN aircraft have that attachment type. So my chances of getting screwy loadouts is pretty slim.

I may try the muliple nations thing anyway, just since it would be cool to know if it works.

Edited by malibu43

You DO know the USMC is part of the Navy Dept, right???

Therefore, having USN as the attachement would be the one.

Also, USMC is NOT an attachment type, it would be USN

For the NationName=, only one can be used

And while the USMC is listed in the Nations.ini, if you look at other aircraft used by the Marines, you'll find their NationName= as USN (ie: Skyhawk, Phantom, Crusader). You get the 'nationality' on the loadout screen by the textureset ini's nation line. It probably exists in the Nations.ini for Campaign purposes only.

So, sorry my Marine friends, you still belong to the Navy. (ducks and runs....)

Wrench

kevin stein

You DO know the USMC is part of the Navy Dept, right???

Therefore, having USN as the attachement would be the one.

Also, USMC is NOT an attachment type, it would be USN

For the NationName=, only one can be used

And while the USMC is listed in the Nations.ini, if you look at other aircraft used by the Marines, you'll find their NationName= as USN (ie: Skyhawk, Phantom, Crusader). You get the 'nationality' on the loadout screen by the textureset ini's nation line. It probably exists in the Nations.ini for Campaign purposes only.

So, sorry my Marine friends, you still belong to the Navy. (ducks and runs....)

Wrench

kevin stein

I think you must have misunderstood what I was asking about, or maybe I didn't explain it well. I realize that the USMC is part of the navy and that USMC is not an attachment type. I knew that USN was the attachment type I wanted. The real issue I was toying with was could I get an aircraft to have multiple nationalities assigned instead of having the desired weapon specified as exported. Doing this would allow a change to be made to just one aircraft (and it would affect that aircraft's loadout only) instead of changing a weapon, which could have an effect on every aircraft that does/could use that weapon. In this case I was trying to get a non-exported USMC weapon on a USN plane, and I was expertimenting with different ways of getting that to happen.

So maybe a better example of what I'm trying to avoid, would be if you wanted to put a "non-exported" USAF weapon on a USN nationality plane. You only want it to be available on this one specific USN plane in addition to USAF aircraft. You would have to add USAF to the allowable attachment types for the USN plane, but then you will also have to change the weapon to exported. USAF is a very common attachment type in this game, so in addition to the weapon now being available on the USN plane (which you wanted), it would now also be available to every aircraft (in the applicalbe service years) that have USAF as an attachment type as well. If you know just not to use it on the aircraft that shouldn't, that's fine, but I like to rely on the loadout screen to tell me what I can or can't do, and not have to remember all the time.

I don't know if I explained that well. Anyway, thanks for the input, and for answering the question about multiple nationalities. For the case of the F-18 and AGM-65E, I'm just going to change the weapon to exported.

Thanks!

:ok:

Edited by malibu43

In a few of the campaigns that I run,there are aircraft that were flown by various nations. The P-39,P-40,Hawker Hunter,MirageIII,etc.

I just copy the whole aircraft folder into the screenshots folder and change the name a little on the aircraft folder and the aircraft ini file to match. EG:(MirageIIIe toMirageIIIe1) Then I change the nationality of the aircraft in the data.ini file to whatever I want. Then move that folder into the Objects\Aircraft sub-folder. You can get various loadouts from that. You can even get Soviet loadouts for US,French,British aircraft if you like,by changing the attachment type and the nationality.

Give it a shot if you like. :ok: