Sign in to follow this  
i90807065

Something I noticed...

When I view my weapons .dat and .ini files, the dont match up in size. My .ini is 700-some KB and my .dat is less than 400KB. Im pretty sure this has something to do with my missing modern(and sci-fi) weapons. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

P.S. I have all the dates,types, and nations correct.

They are 2 different file types. So they naturally they are going to be different in size. It is typical there is no problem at all.

Its wierd though, because before the .dat was equal. It still is for my gundata file...

Damn, you not believe me? Ok let me break my installs down for you

My main WOI install the .dat file is 378KB, my weapondata.ini is 492KB

My main WOE install the .dat file is 1.43MB, my weapondata.ini is 1.7MB

My main WOV install the .dat file is 152KB, my weapondata.ini is 175KB

My main Taiwan Straight install the .dat file is 1.5MB, my weapondata.ini is 1.77MB

My main WOEKorea install the .dat file is 1.2MB, my weapondata.ini is 992KB

So its not unusual.

Good work i90807065 you actually made Dave look all that up.

Real question is the difference in whatever files you are talking about affecting your gaming experience? if it isnt Watson... nothing is afoot.

Good work i90807065 you actually made Dave look all that up.

Real question is the difference in whatever files you are talking about affecting your gaming experience? if it isnt Watson... nothing is afoot.

Sorry...I know that the files would be different sizes but they should be closer than what they are. Thats all. Im just pretty sure that it has something to do with my missing modern weps.

Here's what you need to do:

Go through your weapondata.ini file.

Look for these lines:

[WeaponData001],[WeaponData002],etc.

Find any duplicates and renumber.

Report back here with your results.

FastCargo

Checked it myself and with weaponeditor. No duplicates. One thing I noticed though is that there isnt a zero in front of 100 and up. (Ex: [Weapondata100],[Weapondata102]) Should a zero be in front instead (Ex: [Weapondata0100],[Weapondata0102])

Tell ya what, zip up and post your weapondata.ini file and I'll take a look. Also, I will need to know what program you are using (WOI, WOE, etc). And is the problem a specific aircraft, terrain, year or what?

FastCargo

Tell ya what, zip up and post your weapondata.ini file and I'll take a look. Also, I will need to know what program you are using (WOI, WOE, etc). And is the problem a specific aircraft, terrain, year or what?

FastCargo

I really appreciate it. Im using SFP1 nad the problem affects every aircraft in every year the weapons should be available in.

Weapondata.zip

Okay, at first blush, I'm not seeing anything obvious.

Can you backup your weapondata.dat, then delete it (the original, not the backup), then run the weapons editor with the weapondata.ini. It should create an entirely new weapondata.dat. Have you done that already?

FastCargo

Ok, does the weps not work? Are you getting any CTD's?

Okay, at first blush, I'm not seeing anything obvious.

Can you backup your weapondata.dat, then delete it (the original, not the backup), then run the weapons editor with the weapondata.ini. It should create an entirely new weapondata.dat. Have you done that already?

FastCargo

Not yet but ill try and post the results. No CTD's just no modern weps (for EVERY plane)

Not yet but ill try and post the results. No CTD's just no modern weps (for EVERY plane)

You edit your options.ini?

Not that I recall. Ive never even seen that before.

So then you might be trying fly in a year that doesn't have that year available until you do so.

Dont knopw what you mean, but I recreated the .dat file and its the same...no modern weps

I'm pretty sure what Dave means is that you're flying in a year before the weapons are entering service...

looking at your weaponsdata.ini, it looks fine; check your weaponsdata.dat (open with notepad) and through the garbled text, see if the first and last weapons imported correctly...

if so, it's probably something else with your install.

I appreciate all the help everyone. :good: Though I still have the issue I just decided to save up and start fresh with WOI.

The Knowledge Base is your best friend:

I'm A Link -->Extending Usable Years for 3rd Wire Sims <-- CLICK ME!!

aka: editing the single mission and options inis

Wrench

kevin stein