Please refer to this link for the mission file -> here

Edited by Basher11

Please refer to this link for the mission file -> here

Hello Basher,

Your link doesn't work. This is what I've got:

post-35226-1211109687_thumb.jpg

Hello Basher,

Your link doesn't work. This is what I've got:

O! I have that link working. It is called Operation Reciprocality by the way. :no:

Use the following link for the time being and don't forget t get the sound files for the MiGs. Have fun!

http://www.4shared.com/file/47969255/cbc98...rified=4856419f

post-33489-1211110482_thumb.jpg

AL31FAB.wav

MiG23Engine.wav

Edited by Basher11

that's because it wasnt aproved yet hehe

wait and the file will be ok ;)

Basher, that's the screen you get because you uploaded the file. We get liberty's screen until it's approved.

So, to everyone - when you upload wait until it appears in the File Announcements before you point to it.

And thanks Basher, I'm DL'ing from your 2nd link.

Words!!? But I want action...Now! :smile:

PS Did someone forget to put those 2 sound files in their upload...Eh? :yes:

And thanks again the download certainly looks impressive - the intro is very intriguing.

I'll give it a try in the nexdt few days. Your install instructions are straightforward & the zip is well ordered but it looks like I'll need to back-up some stuff. :hi:

Edited by csb

Yes,

Back up F-15 that's all. Credits go to Lexx for his rocket fire smoke effects as well as the 3D clouds which is gorgeous!

Hope you can chase up the big bad guy. [bit of a spoiler here]

Basher11,

The Russian AA-10 missile seems to be a bit weak against chaff.  I can easily evade without even beaming my aircraft.  But the SA-2 is bloody deadly.  Are they stock missiles or you have tweaked them for deadly performance? :blink:

I wonder if it possible at all, to modify the .INI file such that I can issue the "Engage Air" command. Right now, the stock commands available to the wingman is "Attack my target". I just want to send a command and my wingie will engage every bogies in my vincinity or his.

Hi Basher, your Alert5 Intercept mission is very difficult to accomplish. It is almost impossible to get the Sparrow fire at max range upon the big bad guy.  Would you also modify to change the SA-2 SAM sites.  Everytime I get above 3,000ft I got a SAM launch against and it is deadly.

Back to your question, I have some information for you see if they will be useful to you then:

COMMDATA.INI

[Menu002]
Name=WingmanSubmenu
Text=COMM_TXT_TO_WINGMAN
Item[001].Text=COMM_TXT_ENGAGE_AIR <------------------------------changed
Item[002].Text=COMM_TXT_COVER_ME
Item[003].Text=COMM_TXT_BREAK
Item[004].Text=COMM_TXT_REJOIN
Item[005].Text=COMM_TXT_RADAR_TOGGLE
Item[006].Text=COMM_TXT_DROP_TANKS
Item[007].Text=COMM_TXT_STATUS_CHECK
Item[008].Text=COMM_TXT_RETURN_TO_BASE
Item[009].Text=COMM_TEXT_BACK
Item[009].Menu=TopMenu
Item[009].CommandNum=10
Item[009].ExtraSpace=TRUE

In SPEECHSYSTEM.INI, use the find in notepad to locate "Concept075", replace the whole section by cut and paste the following code:

//[Concept075]
 //MSN_SPC_WING_REPLY_ATTACK_MY_TARGET_NO,
 //CallerFragmentID=SPC_WING_NUMBER
 //BodyFragment001=SPC_WING_REPLY_NO
 //BodyFragment002=SPC_WING_REPLY_TARGET_NO

[Concept075]
 //MSN_SPC_WING_REPLY_POSITIVE,
 CallerFragmentID=SPC_WING_NUMBER
 BodyFragment001=SPC_WING_REPLY_YES

I did several tests on the COMMDATA.INI file, I squeezed out the "Engage Air" command and thought it would work. No luck. Then I though maybe the Wingman should say yes to acknowledge, so I went into the speech system and upon trial and error, I managed to arrived at the concluding result as shown above.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Your mission is quite good. I am trying to use F-14 because it has the AIM-54C long range AAM.

Edited by Liberty24

I just want to send a command and my wingie will engage every bogies in my vincinity or his.

You do know that he does that when you order him to 'cover me (that's you)', right?

Sorry Basher11,

You will have to issue a "Break" command first otherwise your wingman will just stay in formation.  "Squared " isn't he? :biggrin:

Where can I find the F-14 Tomcat with a improved cockpit. I don't need the TCS mod. I found the aircraft mod in Column5 and here but the pit shows some weird graphics when I loaded it up in WoI. I suppose I need a separate pit mod as well.

Does anyone know the long range air-2-air configuration of the F-14A, presumably it has AIM-54A, AIM-7 and AIM-9.

Does anyone know the long range air-2-air configuration of the F-14A, presumably it has AIM-54A, AIM-7 and AIM-9.

I think: 4xAIM-54, 2xAIM-7 and 2xAIM-9

Wasn't it a combination of either 2x Aim-9s, 2x Aim-7s and 4x Aim-54s (plus FTs)

or

2x Aim-9s and 6x Aim-54s?

(Although the last config had some issues with returning to carrier with 6 phoenixs, yeah?)

That is where the problem is:

[AirToAirLongRange]
//Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIM-7E-2  ZAPPED OUT 05
//Loadout[01].Quantity=1
//Loadout[02].WeaponType=AIM-7E-2  ZAPPED OUT 06
//Loadout[02].Quantity=1
//Loadout[03].WeaponType=AIM-7E-2  ZAPPED OUT 07
//Loadout[03].Quantity=1
//Loadout[04].WeaponType=AIM-7E-2  ZAPPED OUT 08
//Loadout[04].Quantity=1
Loadout[05].WeaponType=AIM-54A
Loadout[05].Quantity=1
Loadout[06].WeaponType=AIM-54A
Loadout[06].Quantity=1
Loadout[07].WeaponType=AIM-54A
Loadout[07].Quantity=1
Loadout[08].WeaponType=AIM-54A
Loadout[08].Quantity=1
Loadout[09].WeaponType=AIM-9H
Loadout[09].Quantity=1
Loadout[10].WeaponType=AIM-9H
Loadout[10].Quantity=1
Loadout[11].WeaponType=AIM-7E-2
Loadout[11].Quantity=1
Loadout[12].WeaponType=AIM-7E-2
Loadout[12].Quantity=1
//Loadout[13].WeaponType=AIM-7E-2 OVERLAPPED ON 09
//Loadout[13].Quantity=1
//Loadout[14].WeaponType=AIM-7E-2 OVERLAPPED ON 10
//Loadout[14].Quantity=1
Loadout[15].WeaponType=Tank330_F14
Loadout[15].Quantity=1
Loadout[16].WeaponType=Tank330_F14
Loadout[16].Quantity=1

Looks like the pylons need a fix, the only trouble is I don't know how. OR there is a fix already which I am not awared of...?

The configuration above works. The Sparrow sits next to the Sidewinders. All 4 Phoenix sit under the fuselage. But I can never fit 2 more Sparrows into the gutter between the Phoenix.

Edited by Basher11

Looks like the pylons need a fix, the only trouble is I don't know how. OR there is a fix already which I am not awared of...?

The configuration above works. The Sparrow sits next to the Sidewinders. All 4 Phoenix sit under the fuselage. But I can never fit 2 more Sparrows into the gutter between the Phoenix.

Stupid question:

What makes you think that there is a need for a 'fix' when the weapon stations work as intended? :dntknw:

Nobody is stopping you to modify the Tomcat's data.ini to satisfy your desires, but I do think that those who made that model knew what they were doing. :wink:

Edited by Gocad

The Turkey's loadouts are EXACTLY as they should be.

It's a Mirage Factory product...they know exactly what they're doing. Don't mess with perfection.

Wrench

kevin stein

Long range A2A loadout could have been 2PH-3SP-2SW, 4PH-2SP-2SW, 4PH-4SW, 6PH-2SW, 2PH-2SP-2SW...I've seen pics of all of those (though I've noticed personally that the 4 sidewinder config doesn't show up often in pictures, maybe I'm just not looking in the right places). To do a 2-3-2 you have to reassign the pylons because by default you end up loading the fuselage sparrow stations in pairs and when 2PH are loaded up front only one AIM-7 can be loaded on the aft sparrow station in reality because of the Phoenix pylons obstructing part of the middle Sparrow station.

Also note: you could load 2 LGBs, a LANTIRN pod, 2 SW and 1 PH at the glove pylon and still consider it a "long-range" loadout because you can still reach out and touch someone before blowing up their runway. Doing that takes an INI edit also.

Edited by Caesar

The F-14 carries a long range loadout of 4 Aim-54s on the centerline pallets, 2 Sparrows (or phoenixes or sparrows) on the wing root stations, and two sidewinders on the root rails and two fuel tanks.

It can also carry four semi recessed Aim-7s or a carrier load out of two Aim-54s on the forward pylons with the rear pylons empty (so the plane could bring ordnance back on board if needed.)

Also the plane can carry two Aim-54 forward and ONE aim-7 on the last semi recessed Aim-54 pylon.

For recon, the TARPS pod is loaded on the rear right AIM-54 station and usually had some weighted Aim-54 pylons forward (in the 1990s I think ECM was loaded on the forward pylons.)

Now the original F-14 by the mirage factor has been configured as a early block F-14, so it is A/A weapons only and uses Avioinic 60.dll

There are several members who have moded that product turned into the F-14+ and teh F-14D (with Lantrin and LGB/bomb capability.)

You can also do it yourself all you have to do is adjust the data.ini to your liking. I have 3 different sets of F-14s in my install, early block A's with the high vis markings. A+/Bs, with improved engines and markings post mid-80s and recon capability. And A/B's which are all around strike fighters.

Edited by ironroad