Sign in to follow this  
Guest pfunkmusik

WIP: Libya Campaign 1986

YES!! Modern carrier based planes!! Even we will have a Tomcat!! thank's man

Remember Sidra. Would be sad not to have F-14, as they were the stars of Libyan-US "cordial meetings". :grin:

Ok on Mommar's Mirages, you might want to create Libyan-only Magics. That might ease the loadout problems. Make sure the missile service years match the aircraft years exactly, NEITHER aircraft nor missile should be 'exported'. BTW, you'll have to do the same for any bombs, rocket pods and weapons racks.

I don't think they every carried the Super 530s (or whatever the hell it is), so you needn't worry about the radar missiles. What cockpit are you using? Mine still has the 'old version', using the Zipper pit. If they had an RWR, I have quick fix for that too.

If you want, send me the LARAF F.1, and I'll fiddle it out. It's just we need the tri-tone camo. Unless you got already??

As to the Floxblat, are you using mine or one you made?? Mine works perfectly in my all-objects install.

For the Fishbed-L (21bis), you can do the same thing as TK did in WoI; just use the MF body, and leave the weapons attachment 'Soviet'.

Skins shouldn't be too hard, we just need the pattern for the 3-tone -as there's a 1024x template availalbe :biggrin: , color matchs (FS numbers), and the cursed serial numbers!!! Making the decals ain't nothing...

Wrench

kevin stein

Guess i will be to late finished with the cockpit, to include this....

On the other hand, the greeks got her in 1988, so to late for this campaign either. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to this campaign. Carrier Ops and plenty of targets? let the fun begin!

Hey Wrench, for the Mirage, couldnt u just use the Iraqi F-1 Skin with new decals?

Guest pfunkmusik

Wrench,

I'm gonna noodle around with it a little more and see if I can get it working right. When I finally give up and admit incompetence, I'll let you know.

What I may do is reinstall the Weapons Pack and see what that does. The problem I have is that if I go into the weapons editor and change anything, it completely stops my ability to load ANYTHING on any other airplane. All aircraft go to a 'clean' condition.

This is also a result of my massive inexperience and only working with it will change that. At least I got weapons on em' though.

Now, here's something else to chew on. The Acrid's on your LARAF Foxbat? I get in the right place all day long in Single Mission. It's only in campaign that I blow it.

Question. This may be the root cause of my problem. At the very beginning of my campaign_data file. Should the opposing side be SOVIET and I just specify in all the enemy AirUnit entries that the nationality should be Libyan?

pfunk

Guest pfunkmusik
Guess i will be to late finished with the cockpit, to include this....

On the other hand, the greeks got her in 1988, so to late for this campaign either. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to this campaign. Carrier Ops and plenty of targets? let the fun begin!

Oh, God, but she's a pretty bird. Maybe we do one later? A no-US campaign, only Southern NATO members quashing a radical Islamic theorcracy that deposes Quadafi, say about 1990-91?

Great. Something else for me to do.

pfunk

Oh, this is golden age for SFP1 series!!! Looking incredible, Amokfloo :wink: Thank you for hard work :clapping:

a radical Islamic theorcracy that deposes Quadafi, say about 1990-91?

Did almost happen in 1993. :wink:

(Libya had to face during early 90's an islamic insurgency in the western part of the country. Eventually, the effectiveness of Libyan Security forces/secret police etc... lead to the defeat of the insurgents. It seems that in 1993, Qaddafi was almost overthrown by a military coup (unclear if it was related to the insurgency, but there was indeed a massive purge in the army later whose victims were prominantly western officers. So, it's a credible scenario)

A Mirage?

Have you got a single seater? In blue with crimson stripes?

Nice idea about the 93´ coup campaign