Sign in to follow this  
Syrinx

Devil's Tower, Wyoming.

Always fancied going there to see it.

I'm in the very early stages of planning a holiday hopefully to go coast to coast and this is one thing I'd like to include on the way. Heard that it has an "aura" about it, looks like my kind of thing.

Anyone got any first hand experiences of the place ?

I when to see it when I was stationed at FE Warren AFB, Wyoming. It massive. There are these "pillars" all around it of where the rock had eroded away into these huge long columns. It is a site to behold.

That's one of the few places left in the US for me to see. That and Mt Rushmore. If you put a pushpin in a map at FL and take a string of a fixed length you can see the states I've visited. All in the South, all in the NE, but none in the NW, not the west coast, some in the mid West.

Utah has a lot of great stuff to see, as does Colorado.

I like the Northwest. I've been all over the place, but the mountians and forests of the NW are some of the coolest landscapes on earth. If you're going east-west, be sure to check out the Rockies, although it's not like you have much choice.

Nicky,

I suggest you take a drive through Monument Valley, on the Utah-Arizona bider. It's a sight you'll never forget, especially at sunset or sunrise.

Sedona, Arizonia is also a nice place to go.