Sign in to follow this  
allenjb42

Can't believe no one's seen this snippet

Wow, remakes of Topgun AND Red Dawn? When are they going to remake Rocky IV?

Noo...

There doing a remake of Red Dawn too??

Ok maybe I will just take my anger out on something else

When I was a kid, and saw Top Gun for the first time, and saw how Mav slamed the throttle forward to hit the brakes, even I knew that just seemed wrong. Or how he pushed the stick forward to bolter from the carrier to go after Cougar in the intro, it just didn't seem right to me... and I was 7! That's the one thing that really pisses me off with that movie. The director, producer, or whoever, thought that the general audiance wasn't wise enough to know the up and up of what was going on. It just makes it less enjoyable when it's quite obvious that attention to believability and facts of how things work are thrown out the door just to make a quick mil'. It's like they really didn't want to take the extra effort (which wouldn't have been much) 'cause I and every other audiance member are just not worth it.

I'm not talking about the Talon's design per se, although a canopy that large is very anti-stealthy and also is not conducive to going Mach 3 (which they were apparently doing at low altitude, in a dive, and still took a long time to go like 5 miles??), nor has anyone built a VG FSW design yet, plus your turn radius at Mach 3 is measured by national borders, not feet!

While the Talon didn't LOOK that far off, its capabilities were totally wrong. Plus those helmets were ridiculous. Only Hollywood makes full-face clear-front helmets.

Only Hollywood makes full-face clear-front helmets.

Well, what's the point in paying those actors so much money if you can't see their face?

Top Gun managed. The pilots ripped off their masks every chance they got!

..I´ll add Megan Fox as the chick/hotshot/steam hot female pilot...

And do any one of you remembers the SNL gag about Iceman being a retired USN pilot flying for Delta? it was hillarious!

Prowler

i'll second that Idea :biggrin:

btw, any video of the gag online?? i'd really like to see that :yes: