Sign in to follow this  
Mannie

Not an A/C but still...

Something I am proud of.

The new Israeli APC. (armored personal carrier)

I just saw it today at the place where I work.

This thing is HUGE!!!post-1953-1217433278_thumb.jpgpost-1953-1217433403_thumb.jpg

I mean, I am used to see Merkava MK4 everyday.

This thing looks bigger!!!

BTW, The name is "NAMER".

The biggest APC I have EVER seen.

I couldn't help it, I just had to take a pic of it with my cellphone.

I hope those pics are good enough.

Edited by Mannie

are you allowed to post pictures of it? ^_^

looks awesome! :)

Nice but I like this better

Now thats what I call a IFV

Yeah. but fo this we have that.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_T-GKplzI0k

Enjoy.

Page cannot be found error on the link..................... forget it came up now

Edited by hgbn

luckily we are on the same side :biggrin: is that apc based on the merkava??

Is that APC a rebuild of an older tank chassis. Because we know how cleverly resourceful the Israelis can be. Does the Merkava IV have Chobom armor or whatever its called? Like the M1 and the Challenger 2.

Edited by herman01

So, how long until I see it in Armed Assault? :grin:

Is that APC a rebuild of an older tank chassis. Because we know how cleverly resourceful the Israelis can be. Does the Merkava IV have Chobom armor or whatever its called? Like the M1 and the Challenger 2.

Because Israel have decided to build a whole new APC to last for a long time. it is actually a whole new platform.

We have had enough of modifying old tanks and make them APC's.

Basically its riding on the chassis of the MERKAVA MK4 and made from the same materials.

I don't know much about it, whether its chobham or deflated uranium or whatever.

I know its damn good stuff.

Considering the large amount of hits thay have suffered in the 2 Lebanon war, our casualties where kept to minimum.

Cheers.

hgbn, yes, we are lucky to be on the same side.

someday we may draw our swords together. :good:

chobham or deflated uranium or whatever.

deflated, sounds like someone's pool toy took a hit :rolleyes:

I'm think you're looking for depleted uranium :)

Cool APC though. Are they looking to arm it with TOW/Hellfire?

deflated, sounds like someone's pool toy took a hit :rolleyes:

I'm think you're looking for depleted uranium :)

Cool APC though. Are they looking to arm it with TOW/Hellfire?

ROFL. Right depleted. I bet my English is better then your Hebrew. :rofl::biggrin:

(and you can't even use babel fish to translate Hebrew to English and back. :tongue: )

I think they may use the "GIL" anti tank missile system on it, and some of them will have the Vulcan turret installed on them.

Edited by Mannie

The Vulcan like the M163 or whatever it was mounted on the M113 for Air Defense Artillery in the 80s?

The Vulcan like the M163 or whatever it was mounted on the M113 for Air Defense Artillery in the 80s?

Right. but here in Israel everything turns to "multi purpose". :good:

I've noticed the West has really lagged behind the East when it comes to ADA and SAMs. I mean, yes, the Patriot is an awesome system, but what else is there? We have them, old Hawks, Avenger/Stingers, and the Vulcan? Is the Chapparal still around? Anything else? Russia has IR and RH SAMs of every type and range, fixed and mobile, plus ZSU 23s, 57s, and the deadly combos like the 2S9 Tunguska that we have no counterpart of.

It seems like while the USSR focused on shooting down NATO planes any way they could, NATO focused more on shooting them down with fighters above all else.

[quote name=I've noticed the West has really lagged behind the East when it comes to ADA and SAMs. I mean, yes, the Patriot is an awesome system, but what else is there?

The Roland, Barak, Hetz, Thor, Oh and the UZI. :biggrin::rofl:

post-1953-1217619793_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mannie

I've noticed the West has really lagged behind the East when it comes to ADA and SAMs. I mean, yes, the Patriot is an awesome system, but what else is there? We have them, old Hawks, Avenger/Stingers, and the Vulcan? Is the Chapparal still around? Anything else? Russia has IR and RH SAMs of every type and range, fixed and mobile, plus ZSU 23s, 57s, and the deadly combos like the 2S9 Tunguska that we have no counterpart of.

It seems like while the USSR focused on shooting down NATO planes any way they could, NATO focused more on shooting them down with fighters above all else.

Maybe you dont have it, but the Germans do have this awesome piece of equipment :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BukkrjTc370...feature=related which I do think is a close counterpart of the Tunguska. In fact the Russians must have copied the Gepard I think :wink:

And the swedish CV9040 comes in a AAA version to.

The CV9030 IFV even got AA capability to engage airial targets up to mach 1 while on the move. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvx66Uyqlyw...feature=related

So I dont think the west are lagging behind the east in the ability to shot down air threats

Edited by hgbn

Its a good move in the psychological warfare department. I giant gatlin gun looks much scarier on a tank than a single barreled cannon of the same size.

Its a good move in the psychological warfare department. I giant gatlin gun looks much scarier on a tank than a single barreled cannon of the same size.

but only to a certain size of a gun, dont think it's possible to place a giant Gatling like the GAU-8 on a tank chassis. But sure that would look cool. think of how big the ammo storage should be if you have enough ammo to the next refill :biggrin:

but only to a certain size of a gun, dont think it's possible to place a giant Gatling like the GAU-8 on a tank chassis. But sure that would look cool. think of how big the ammo storage should be if you have enough ammo to the next refill :biggrin:

How about placing the Apache chain gun on the Namer, along with a 8 barrel launcher of the Python5?

Judging by the sheer size of this beast I think it can be made.

Only a meter of budget.

But I think that since Israel don't have a problem of achieving air superiority, such a platform will not be developed here.

How about placing the Apache chain gun on the Namer, along with a 8 barrel launcher of the Python5?

Judging by the sheer size of this beast I think it can be made.

Only a meter of budget.

But I think that since Israel don't have a problem of achieving air superiority, such a platform will not be developed here.

we are having the 35mm Bushmaster on ours CV90's so thats must be a option :biggrin:

I wont trust the Airforce alone. Think of Mathias Rost and the stunt he did. Landing on the Red Square in the middle of the Cold War. Flying hundreds of miles in Teritory which was considered one of the most guarded at the time. Better be prepared to handle the situation at hand yourself if you get jumped by enemy Planes or Choppers. Air superiority or not :biggrin:

we are having the 35mm Bushmaster on ours CV90's so thats must be a option :biggrin:

I wont trust the Airforce alone. Think of Mathias Rost and the stunt he did. Landing on the Red Square in the middle of the Cold War. Flying hundreds of miles in Teritory which was considered one of the most guarded at the time. Better be prepared to handle the situation at hand yourself if you get jumped by enemy Planes or Choppers. Air superiority or not :biggrin:

True. you got a point there, but since I am no decision taker, I can only hope that such a platform will be made.

Or like somebody here in the forum said. "why not just nuke them and get on with it?" :biggrin: