Sign in to follow this  
mrwaffles

WoE bein a ******* little ****

I got WoE about a year ago and just now picked up on it again recently. until now, i had forgotten about the one pet peeve that made me quit the game in the first place: why does it take at least five minutes to load between each menu, and 15 minutes to atart flying.

If it's any help, i love mods and have the 8.3 patch installed.

I got WoE about a year ago and just now picked up on it again recently. until now, i had forgotten about the one pet peeve that made me quit the game in the first place: why does it take at least five minutes to load between each menu, and 15 minutes to atart flying.

Probably your PC. It loads for me in 30-35 seconds with tons of mods and over 100 aircraft. I suggest that you defrag, and go to http://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.html , then download & read the appropriate guide for your OS.

That's seems REALLY long. I think the first time, it takes about a minute...then any subsequent times are 30 seconds.

FastCargo

For me, WOV and WOE take like 30-40 seconds, but WOI takes a min or two too load, maybe cause it's the latest of the SF series.

maybe it's your antivirus software. flight sims in general aren't very fond of those. try disabling resident protection before playing.

If you havent already got,i'd recommend d/l FSAutoStart,its free and it will turn off ALL background programs that are constantly running until you restart the PC again.

It works a treat for me,i gain around 100-200mb RAM when used with "FreeRAM Pro" (another free d/l).Might help your loading time,will certainly give you a better framerate.

Incidentally,FSAutoStart works with any game,flight sim or otherwise....

Its your PC thats the problem - or the state its currently in - would even recommend bumping up the RAM to at least 2GB if you havnt already

It has to be something with your comp because i'm running a stock E-Machines T-3120 and having no trouble at all with WOE.

The last time i had any kind of problem with a game i defragged the disk and all was well.

takes that long to load?

sounds like my husbands old copy of Fleet defender from microprose.

all the time i've played thirdwire sim nothing like that has happened